Should I buy a 3DS?

Alex95

NIWA Nut
Wiki Administrator
The 3DS has a lot of games you can't play anywhere else, and there's a lot of fun games on the system.

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
I'm not sure what your purchasing options are over in Lebanon, but where I am Nintendo directly sells refurbished 2DS systems for only $50, and the factory-sealed ones are $80 with a game included. Pretty good deal if you ask me, even if it's not one of the "new" models. I'm personally looking into that myself; eight months with no 3DS to play is eight months too long.

That said, I'll reiterate that you should absolutely get a 3DS one day or another. You'll have access to the entire 3DS library of games, as well as the entire DS library on top of that. It's a wonderful game system and you definitely don't want to miss out on it...even if Dream Team doesn't end up being your favorite game of all time.

Dr. Eggman

I am the enemy, I will succeed
It more depends on whether or not it's suitable replacement to the iPad. You referred to it as "our iPad", does this mean other members of your family use it? If so, then they may do things besides playing games on it, meaning they won't have a suitable replacement if you buy a 3DS. If it's just you using it to play games then buy a 3DS.

The 3DS is worth buying, it has a vast library of games spanning two generations (DS and 3DS) and also has a Virtual Console, it's just a question of whether or not it's a suitable replacement for your iPad.

Banjo

GUH-UH!
Wait.

You don't have a 3DS yet?
yet
It more depends on whether or not it's suitable replacement to the iPad. You referred to it as "our iPad", does this mean other members of your family use it? If so, then they may do things besides playing games on it, meaning they won't have a suitable replacement if you buy a 3DS. If it's just you using it to play games then buy a 3DS.

The 3DS is worth buying, it has a vast library of games spanning two generations (DS and 3DS) and also has a Virtual Console, it's just a question of whether or not it's a suitable replacement for your iPad.
Now again, we used it only to play games (games that weren't even that good to begin with). We sometimes use it to use Google or YouTube, but my little brother will get a phone this Christmas, and at that time every member of the family will have their own phone. Which would make an iPad not as worth it and more expensive.

Banjo

GUH-UH!
There are a few games I found at the game store (games that no-one in my country is buying for some reason) that I'm really interested in. Those games include Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, Poochy & Yoshi's Wooly World (with the Poochy Amiibo), a buncha Pokémon games like X & Y or Sun & Moon, and many others.