• Meh

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Interesting

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • WTF

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters
CPNGilq.jpg

I have absolutely no desire for this to be a real thing.

This took a massive turn for the weird.

My problem with Bowsette (besides literally EVERYTHING) is the flawed etymology. The -ette should not be there, because there's no Toadette in the equation.

I feel the need to wash my keyboard in vinegar after even having to type this.

keyboards are one of the filthiest appliances in the house anyway

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
if it's just a cheap excuse to draw boobs then I call it bandwagony and cheap
Careful there. You're attacking 90% of the content on deviantart.
I say that like it's a bad thing.

J & Siph said:
BEEEEEAAARRRS said:

Some of the drawings do tend to go beyond borderline levels. In fact, it's really starting to feel annoying to see new Bowsette drawings popping up nearly every day.

I get that people want to play around with Bowser and the Super Crown, but the Bowsette concept will likely never be made canon in the Super Mario mainstream titles.

J & Siph said:
BEEEEEAAARRRS said:

Whoever trashes on DA has my blessing, the site is now infested with furries and lolicons. It's no different from tumblr, a hellhole dedicated to weirdos.

You think this is bad? Imagine what the Sonic fandom would do if they gave their antagonist the "-ette" treatm-

JWWoupd.png

oh yeah

you know something's gone wrong when the sonic fans are the ones making such innocent stuff

Swiftie_Luma said:
J & Siph said:
BEEEEEAAARRRS said:

Whoever trashes on DA has my blessing, the site is now infested with furries and lolicons. It's no different from tumblr, a hellhole dedicated to weirdos.

Eh, furries ain't so bad.

Lolis make me uncomfortable though.

Swiftie_Luma said:

I guess that makes me a weirdo for having a weakness to high heels. At least that's (mostly) tame when compared to those who have heavy fetishes toward nearly naked females and their "you know whats"; there are other ways to make a female attractive than having her wear bikinis all the time.

Twitter has more of this stuff than DA does, if by a narrow margin. Yes, I checked. No idea how this became such a huge thing. But a reminder that the original gag comic was, more than anything, a gag comic. I saw it the night it was made. How people choose to permutate that is up to them. Even when it's just another "Loss" parody (yes that's happened too). And this thing's popularity is not exclusive to a certain crowd with specific interests/kinks; I've seen people of various degrees of innocence or lack thereof utilize this in some manner.

For now, I'll just spawn camp for when KYM gives this a "confirmed" so it can get a place on the wall of shame alongside "Expand Dong" and "Weegee."

I'm annoyed by the appended naming structure not working at all, though. Though I have stumbled across some (they're everywhere!) that call the result "Peacher" instead, which works a little better.

Note that the person who made this (who has stated specifically that they are not a "smut" artist) went from having 98 Twitter followers to well over a thousand in two days from this. Certainly helped them along, no?

Shygul said:
daily reminder that kinkshaming is bad

Shaming kinksters however is just fine.

Bowsette is actually kind of a cool design I think, its just that its been over sexualised. I thought this was a nice piece of art:

tumblr_pfhrlpgDC41wrm31so1_1280.png

Thing is, the extended Mario franchise kinda sows that sort of thing in general. All sorts of odd transforming power-ups and stuff. And of course, all the jokes regarding the plot of Bowser's Inside Story (yick).

Given that this is for the most part a reskin of the Flying Squirrel power-up and therefore doesn't really need a separate....anything, I'm starting to seriously wonder if Nintendo's doing this on purpose as part of some experiment with how people will react.

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
Thing is, the extended Mario franchise kinda sows that sort of thing in general. All sorts of odd transforming power-ups and stuff. And of course, all the jokes regarding the plot of Bowser's Inside Story (yick).
there's not just the plot, but the other unfortunate Deviant-y aspects of it *cough*water fountain*cough*

i don't see what's so "cool" about a generic female hetero male fantasy but if people like it, oh well

It's also a trans/dysphoric fantasy. So there.

Context: Boy internally feels like a woman due to instinctual mismatch. This can lead to suicidal-level depression. Seeing stuff like this is actually kinda therapeutic. And thing is, a very large portion of the people into that sort of thing are dysphoric themselves. So......yeah. Not just a "generic female hetero male fantasy." Many of the people drawing the overtly-sexualized....stuff just wish they could look like that themselves, and are expressing that desire in their own way.

Sorry, that got a little personal....

I guarantee most of them don't care about the character Bowser and aren't doing this so that they can fulfill their long-time fantasy to jerk it to Bowser. I'd even imagine that a good amount of them don't even know that Bowsette spawned from a comic about an item and a very small amount don't really know what Bowser is. It's just a meme that went out of control that everyone's jumping onto, people like drawing cute girls irregardless of the context of why they exist and that won't change even if the current subject is a Bowser Peach hybrid.

Anyway go back to discussing the lore implications of titty bowser please.

Back