Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Interesting

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • WTF

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters
I'm kind of amused by Peachette. She's sort of bizarre and charming at the same time. They used an unnecessarily convoluted solution for the problem of needing a playable Peach with her still being kidnapped (especially after SMR), but I find myself not really caring since this is a port that isn't necessary in the first place. Honestly, I kind of want Peachette to be in Mario Kart now, but only if they characterize her differently than Peach and remove Cat Peach and PGP. I guess she technically should just as bad as the likes of PGP, but she just feels charming rather than disappointing.

By the way, you who want Peach and other characters playable should be glad this happened rather than nothing because it clearly means they want to add those characters in 2D Mario now. It's just that they felt like they couldn't change NSMBU's plot (which is questionable but it is what it is). The fact that they even bothered to put it in a substitute Peach makes me sure that they will make at least Toadette and Peach playable in the next game and possibly even others such as Daisy and Yoshi (I wouldn't get my hopes up for any more than that yet though).

Oh and Peachette means nothing for the lore unless you want it to.

Lucario said:
Hey.

Just assume Peachette is Peach.

She has the float.

AND the double jump.

It's the ultimate Peach.

I don't think it's even supposed to be taken seriously at all, so you can really interprete it either way you want.
Same thing goes with Funky Kong (has a float, a double jump, spike immunity, infinite roll, and breathe underwater).
The Ultimate Kong.
also on other note, Peachette is just Funky Mode.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:
the dress model, they had to model that from scratch. Peach also doesn't have basic player animations in NSMBU such as running, jumping, dying, etc either so they also had to make it from scratch, unless her animations are simply ported from Super Mario Run.
In that case if they ported the animations from Super Mario Run, it would be very simple to make Peach herself a playable character after being rescued. If Nintendo had the balls to do it in Super Mario Run (ahem, a stripped down NSMB game for mobile devices), there's no excuse they couldn't do it in this port. All they have to do is make Blue Toad take Peach's place in the final boss area and the ending when one person is playing as Peach. That's how Super Mario Run didn't end up creating a paradox with two Peaches.
Speaking of animations in SMR, there are some animations that came from the NSMB series.
-walking (when walking up slopes, or in ghost house levels)
-running
-dashing (when using a star)
-jumping
-slope sliding
-going in pipes
-the slide to stop
-dying animation
-bubble
-flag pole
-launching from a cannon
-the spinning from NSMB1
-and the idle animation, likely taken from NSMB1 (from the cutscene after the castle levels)

some are mostly new in a 2D Mario game:
-the parkour
-rolling
-climbing
-long jump
-backflip

and animations that cannot be done in SMR:
-crouch
-ground pound
-pick up items
-animations from water levels

There are a lot of animations to port from SMR (especially with Peach) to NSMBU or a new NSMB game.

I find this entire situation actually really funny and great exposure for Toadette, as she doesn't get much attention like the other main characters.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:
Honoka's #4 Fan said:
Peachette is the sort of filler character I'm fine with, a quick and easy addition to the roster. Take her model in NSBUDX, and put Peach's animations on it and you have a new addition to the roster. I'm not fine with characters like Baby Daisy and Rosalina however. Characters that have to have their models made from scratch, with unique animations and voice clips, just as much effort required as a fully unique character.

If anything, that makes Peachette a lazier character than Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina which arguably makes her worse.

the dress model, they had to model that from scratch. Peach also doesn't have basic player animations in NSMBU such as running, jumping, dying, etc either so they also had to make it from scratch, unless her animations are simply ported from Super Mario Run.
In that case if they ported the animations from Super Mario Run, it would be very simple to make Peach herself a playable character after being rescued. If Nintendo had the balls to do it in Super Mario Run (ahem, a stripped down NSMB game for mobile devices), there's no excuse they couldn't do it in this port. All they have to do is make Blue Toad take Peach's place in the final boss area and the ending when one person is playing as Peach. That's how Super Mario Run didn't end up creating a paradox with two Peaches.
Or you could go the NES Remix way and actually create that two-Peach paradox.

Peach's crown works identically to the Super Crown, and if it's removed, Peach will revert back into a Toad. The reason she wasn't a Toad while she was wearing Tiara is probably that of the strange properties of Bonneters.

Tbh why the hell would Toads have a human ruler? :-\

i don't mind the idea but i hate the fact that there's people stupid enough around and outside here to believe:

1. Peach is a toad

2. Peach and Peachette are the same person

When they aren't , Baby Peach exists and obviously Peachette isn't even a character is literally a power up , stated like that not different from Penguin Mario and etc.

It's obviously a silly excuse to keep the game as it is but also giving permission to Peach to be sorta playable.

It's a ridiculous idea but it works on execution, they literally killed 2 birds using 1 stone.

luigiiscappyiswear said:

Same reason various things that aren't koopas follow Bowser.

luigiiscappyiswear said:

Centuries of systematic colonization, oppression, exploitation, and subjugation.

Or maybe Toads just rely on people taller than them by nature. :yoshi:

luigiiscappyiswear said:
Peach's crown works identically to the Super Crown, and if it's removed, Peach will revert back into a Toad.

[citation_needed]

luigiiscappyiswear said:
Peach's crown works identically to the Super Crown, and if it's removed, Peach will revert back into a Toad. The reason she wasn't a Toad while she was wearing Tiara is probably that of the strange properties of Bonneters.

Oh really???

then why Peach isn't wearing a crown here and is still a human female???

548px-Peach_Mario_NES.png

452px-Peach_NES.png

239px-Peach_NurseOutfit.jpg

Peach_in_Japanese_attire_KCMEX2009.png

PEACH-NEW3DS.png

Pure BS.

Peachette is a powerup to make a Toadette impersonate Peach , it isn't that hard.

nah , i think it should be that big so all of us can see the obvious fact that Yoshi did this before and it wasn't an issue but somehow people decide to forget it now.

Swiftie_Luma said:
nah , i think it should be that big so all of us can see the obvious fact that Yoshi did this before and it wasn't an issue but somehow people decide to forget it now.
I'm on a mobile device here, that image is bigger than my screen. I think the same point can be made with a smaller image.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Yoshi turning into the other characters is weird, except it's fun. Peachette is just an easy mode. It's weirder.

They couldn't just add another world at the end where the player could use the real Peach apparently. Of course, this is assuming they aren't adding anything else.

Borp said:
What exactly is the benchmark for "weird" in Mario?

this is

hqdefault.jpg

Moldomré said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

Yoshi turning into the other characters is weird, except it's fun. Peachette is just an easy mode. It's weirder.

says who?

it's the exact same thing , and there's nothing really outstanding or fun in Yoshi playing dress up either.

Either both are ok or both are bad , there's simply no excuse to single them out.

i like how this is generating more discussion than the game itself

idk what's more upsetting , this , the fact the NSMBU got a port instead of 3DWorld or the fact that they actually didn't bother changing the final world.

I think that it's upsetting to anyone is pretty silly.

Back