Re: J's Artwork — Original and Fanworks

I made more outfits and rearranged a few things. Now all the athletic attire is in the second row.
j_big_sprites_by_just_call_me_j-dblyqau.png

New arrangement:
  • default outfit; overalls; summer/Sunshine outfit; formal attire; spring/fall pajamas + bathrobe & slippers; spring/fall pajamas; winter pajamas; summer pajamas; College J
  • swim trunks, swim shirt, goggles; wetsuit, goggles; winter gear; winter outfit (this is underneath the winter gear); athletic outfit; soccer gear; Strikers gear; alt Strikers gear (if I go up against Rosalina or Waluigi)
  • Fire J; Ice J; Metal J; Flying J; Propeller J; Penguin J; Cat J; Tanooki J; Boo J
  • Hammer/Boomerang J; Cape J; Cloud J; Gold J; Ice J (Galaxy); Rock J; Rainbow J; Mini J; Small J; Bee J
  • Mario Party 2: Western Land, Pirate Land, Horror Land, Mystery Land, Space Land; Dark J; Stolen Name & Body; Cosmic J; Cosmic Clone
Any questions, comments, concerns, snide remarks?

And of course I did the same thing to Kayla.
kk_big_sprites_by_just_call_me_j-dblytmd.png

New arrangement:
  • default outfit; alternate/biker outfit; Leaf Dress/Sunshine outfit; formal attire; kimono; spring/fall pajamas; winter pajamas; summer pajamas; incognito
  • swimsuit + sandals; green wet suit; winter gear; winter clothing; athletic attire; soccer gear; Striker gear; alternate Striker gear (when competing against Luigi or Yoshi)
  • Fire Kayla; Ice Kayla; Metal Kayla; Flying Kayla; Propeller Kayla; Penguin Kayla; Cat Kayla; Tanooki Kayla; Boo Kayla
  • Hammer/Boomerang Kayla; Cape Kayla; Cloud Kayla; Silver Kayla; Ice Kayla (Galaxy); Stone Kayla; Rainbow Kayla; Mini Kayla; Small Kayla; Bee Kayla
  • Mario Party 2: Western Land, Pirate Land, Horror Land, Mystery Land, Space Land; Dark Kayla; Stolen Name & Body; Cosmic KK; Cosmic Clone
Any questions, comments, concerns, snide remarks?

Czario said:
What does Stolen Name & Body mean?

Not to steal J's thunder, but I believe it's a reference to Chapter 4 of TTYD, where Doopliss steals Mario's identity.

And, while I'm here, allow me to say that these are all really great, J! I admire your thoroughness when it comes to self-inserts and original assets. You truly go all out to make sure everything is accounted for and the results are quite admirable. But now you have to follow the rest of the Internet and add the Super Crown to your collection of powered-up characters.

In seriousness, I always enjoy seeing your work. Keep it up!

Hooded Pitohui said:
Czario said:
What does Stolen Name & Body mean?

Not to steal J's thunder, but I believe it's a reference to Chapter 4 of TTYD, where Doopliss steals Mario's identity.

And, while I'm here, allow me to say that these are all really great, J! I admire your thoroughness when it comes to self-inserts and original assets. You truly go all out to make sure everything is accounted for and the results are quite admirable.

I always enjoy seeing your work. Keep it up!
You got it! Have a cookie. And thanks ;D

Another member of the Super Stuffies
theodore_duncan__teddy__bear_by_just_call_me_j-dcny2eu.jpg

Theodore Duncan "Teddy" Bear

Species: Bear

Favorite Color(s): Blue, gold, brown, red

Instrument:

Favorite activity: Stickers

Favorite Food/Drink: Honey

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Honey

Other Interests: Honeybees

Superhero Name: Bear Sticker

Super Power(s):
  • Adhesivity Manipulation: Teddy can increase or decrease the adhesivity of a liquid or surface to suit his needs. Incidentally, he never drops things and is great at catching things.
Bio: Teddy is the second oldest of the Bear children, even with the 10-year gap between him and his older sister Bonnie. Being a bear, he absolutely loves honey, and can't get enough of it. He also loves wearing his vest with a small bear attached by Velcro. He wears it everywhere when dressed casually. Teddy isn't really concerned with expanding his circle of friends. He's perfectly happy with the small circle of his friends and family, his friends' friends and families.
Teddy's best friends are Cris and Annie.

The stuffed animal he is based on is this little guy.
teddy_bear_by_just_call_me_j-dco0qoi.jpg

And his vest is based off this!
cubbie_vest

I just realized, I don't have my other Pokémon FCs posted yet. The drawings are mine, but the rest of the images were made with a Pokémon Trainer Creator on deviantart. I just made characterizations after creating them.

susan_ledford_by_just_call_me_j-dc05rft.png

untitled_drawing_by_just_call_me_j-d6ziob7.png
susan__formal__by_just_call_me_j-d73y8zq.png
susan__swimwear__by_just_call_me_j-d73y966.png
susan__hair_up__by_just_call_me_j-d73y9ei.png
susan__winter__by_just_call_me_j-da0z0in.png
harvard_north_by_just_call_me_j-dc0j5rn.jpg

untitled_drawing_by_just_call_me_j-d6ziql7.png
harvard__formal__by_just_call_me_j-d73ya01.png
harvard__swimwear__by_just_call_me_j-d73ya6q.png
harvard__fantasy__by_just_call_me_j-d73yaib.png
lola_odollam_by_just_call_me_j-dc123oj.png

rocket_apprentice_lola_by_just_call_me_j-d72ma9j.png
lola__swimwear__by_just_call_me_j-d73zclx.png
lola__formal__by_just_call_me_j-d73zd8t.png
lola__student__by_just_call_me_j-d73zdh4.png
rocket_traitor_lola_by_just_call_me_j-da0z1ia.png

Here's some PKMN Trainer Creator of Liza, too.
untitled_drawing_by_just_call_me_j-d6zf1ng.png
liza__formal__by_just_call_me_j-d73wrd8.png
liza__swimwear__by_just_call_me_j-d73wr81.png
liza__hair_down__by_just_call_me_j-d73wrhz.png
liza__winter__by_just_call_me_j-da0yz81.png

I just remembered this really old hodgepodge of objects I through together in PhotoShop for a graphic design class 4-ish years ago.

weather_works_galaxy_by_just_call_me_j-d7r48p2.png

Looks like on par for the course for a graphics design class. Is that a CD raining a rainbow?

It's actually an orb of floating water with a small planetoid inside. The rainbow just comes from the water that is raining down on the disc planet below.

New stuffed animal drawing!

bonnie_ruth_bear_by_just_call_me_j-dcp55mw.jpg

Bonnie Ruth Bear

Species: Bear

Favorite Color(s): Teal, blue

Instrument: Vocals

Sport: Cheerleading

Favorite Food/Drink: Corn dogs

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Bubblegum

Other Interests: Travel

Superhero Name: Tumblebear

Super Power(s):
  • Lower Body Strength: Bonnie has super strength in her legs, thus being able to jump very high/far and execute devastating kicks.
  • Hypnotic Pom-poms: While not a power, Bonnie has a special pair of pom-poms that can daze or fatigue a target.

Bio: Bonnie is the oldest child of the Bear family. Older than the second-oldest, Teddy, by 10 years! Their parents actually conceived her before they got married. Oops! That somewhat explains the massive age gap. You wouldn't know this just by looking at the family, though. Instead, you would see Bonnie doing what cheerleaders do best: cheering her friends and family on, and offering them words (and chants) of encouragement and motivation. People who enjoy misery hate her. But she doesn't let them get her down. Not when she can lift the people she loves up! Bonnie lives and breathes positivity and encouragement. Fitting for a cheerleader, whether at her high school or in general. Watch out — she'll lift you up like she lifts the Lord's name up. Currently, Bonnie is learning how to drive. How exciting!

Bonnie's best friends are Cameron Cow (her boyfriend), and Squiggle Zebra.

Character Emblem TBA
Any questions, comments, critiques, concerns, snide remarks?
la.gif

I finally made big sprites for Siph. Just five, though. He's to scale with mine (half my height).
siph_big_sprites_by_just_call_me_j-dcp7l1o.png

Siph don't need no powerups because he's a Yoshi and Yoshis are already awesome and perfect. :yoshi: Except invincibility is always nice.
And he refuses to wear shirts and anything other than his ruby polka-dot shorts. He compromises by wearing a necktie as formal attire. And never any hats. You're driving me nuts, boy!
The purple sprite is just a hypothetical scenario. Stars help any Duplighost who thinks it's a good idea to steal my baby boy's name and body.
And of course, Cosmic Siph and a Cosmic Clone of Siph.

There is no Dark Siph, because Dark J smashed the egg that would have become him. :'(

I can't believe I haven't posted this yet.

toa_j_by_just_call_me_j-dcrlxka.png

Made this recreation of my irl MOC (which I need to rebuild) with Danska's Bionicle Builder on BZPower
Me as a Toa! A Toa of Sonics, specifically. With this element, I am capable of:
  • Creating sound waves and/or concentrated beams of sound
  • Forming a sonic barrier
  • Generating a sonic boom
  • Using sonic waves to disrupt a structure's integrity
  • Controlling sound waves
  • Imitating sounds
  • Absorbing sound
  • Controlling/Absorbing sound to generate a field of silence
  • Using sonar
Unfortunately, my element also gives me acute hearing. This is both a blessing and a curse. The former because I can hear what others can't. The latter because higher decibels will hurt me even more than a normal perhap. Fun fact: The Matoran prefix for Sonics is De-, coming from the irl word decibel. De-Matoran would be Matoran of Sonics.

My Toa tools are my Vibration Staff (on the left), which also has a small shield covering the handle; and the Sonic Spear (on the right). I also have sheaths on the backs of my upper arms that house what I call my Cutter Knives, which can be combined into what I call the Cutter Blade. (I'll post those later.)

The Kanohi I bear most of the time is the an unmodified Matatu (Well, unmodified in-universe. Vakama added the telescopic lens to Nuju's Matatu, but irl the only Great Matatu Lego part has the lens, so I had to modify Danska's sprites.) the Great Mask of Telekinesis. This mask allows the user to move targets within range of view by utilizing the power of thought.

My other Kanohi (displayed above) are:
  • an inorganic Calex (the only one we know of is mutated and organic, but Kanohi are usually inorganic), the Great Mask of Fate, which allows its user to perform at the absolute peak of their natural physical abilities (such as executing seemingly impossible leaps, dodges, flips, etc.) while in a bind, so that they move and react better than almost any unenhanced member of their species;
  • the Rau, the Great Mask of Translation, which its user to understand and speak in almost any written or spoken language and to comprehend the meaning(s) behind carvings
  • an inorganic Suletu (the organic thing is the same as the Calix), the Great Mask of Telepathy, which allows its user to read the thoughts of other beings and to project the user's own thoughts or the thoughts of another being into other minds
  • the Volitak (whose breathing apparatus I removed from the sprite because I'm not a Toa Mahri), the Great Mask of Stealth, which camouflages its user and deadens sound around them so that they cannot be heard or seen
  • and an inorganic Sanok (I don't need to repeat myself on the organic thing), the Great Mask of Accuracy, which allows its user to turn virtually any inanimate object into a projectile weapon and hit almost any target they aim for
My armor's primary color is a dark grey, just like most De-Matoran and Toa and Turaga of Sonics. I do have my iconic greyish sapphire blue (hex no.6874A1) as the secondary color, though, along with silver accents.

Any questions, comments, critiques, concerns, snide remarks? :yoshi:

I just realized that one of my personal images on the wiki is my MOC.

800px-ToaJ-Yoshi.JPG

Moldomré said:
My older brother made a Bionicle almost exactly like that.
Before anyone starts making assumptions, I do not have any younger siblings, so I am not Moldomré's older brother.

It would be weird if you were Moldomré's brother and he somehow made that post without knowing you were his brother. :P

Bumpity bump.

I started making my own version of Snake Codec Conversations and Palutena's Guidance.
I call it simply "Siph's Smash Conversations"
Starring Siph and myself, communicating via our watches, with my older brother Z (who is not a member of the NIWA network and related forums) occasionally popping in.

To start us off...
Siph: J, I'm fighting Mario!

J: :D Ooh, fun! Remember to watch out for his cape attack.

Siph:
weirdface2.gif
Oh yeah. You charge at him for a dash attack and the next thing you know, you're turned around and attacking in the wrong direction.

J: And it's a pain if he turns you around during recovery. It's almost a guaranteed K.O. there.

Siph:
mad.gif
Ugh, that's the worst. I'm not looking forward to this.

J: Don't worry, Siph. With any luck, he won't get the opportunity to pull that move. And you have a pretty decent recovery AND double-jump, anyway.

Siph: And Mario's always jumped fist-first since his first game, so he hits blocks with his fist, not his head!
J:
confused.gif
Uh… yes, that's right. Not really relevant to what I just said, but it's right.

Siph: Hey J. What's green, wears overalls and a hat, and isn't as skinny as everyone thinks he is?

J: Sounds like Luigi.

Siph: He used to be a total clone of Mario, both in his debut and in the first Smash, right?

J: Oh yeah. In fact, the only move that was different in Smash 64 was his dash attack. Even his jump was the same.

Siph: Luigi's jump here is more floaty than Mario's, and he doesn't get as much horizontal distance.

J: He also uses his Poltergust to grab now, which means he has more range for that. Watch out!

Siph: He also uses it in his Final Smash, right? It replaced that dumb one from Brawl.

J: He's a lot more confident now. Hopefully people stop demonizing Mario now. I bet Luigi doesn't like his fans slandering his bro.

Siph: Yeah, they love each other! But I still gotta win this fight.

J: Yeah, we're suckers for familial bonds. Don't let it distract you!

team_wytd_silhouettes_by_just_call_me_j_dao6mbo-fullview.jpg

Here are the other three Star Children, plus the hero Toad (see Wario's Woods).

The team name is pronounced whited, which obviously is a verb relating to the color white.

Wario is the leader. This should be interesting.
Wario
Yoshi
Toad
Donkey Kong

Back