New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Switch Port Rumors

Or just give us a flipping Virtual Console.

Princess Mario said:
Or just give us a flipping Virtual Console.
Unfortunately, NES Online might be the closest we're getting.

But I'm more than happy playing Mario World and Mario 64 on my Wii U. Once I get a new GamePad battery and charger, that is.

Speaking of which, why didn't they just remake one of the classics, or even better, remake Mario All-Stars in HD?

YFJ said:
Pizza Time! said:
I felt that MK8 Deluxe is more "deluxe" than NSMBU Deluxe.

MK8 Deluxe has more additions than subtractions.
+DLC included in base game, and 200cc
+Real Battle Mode (Balloon, Coin, Shine)
+Boo and Feather
+Additional characters, karts
+200cc in Time Trials
+Labo support

-Miiverse stamps
-Race tracks in Battle Mode
-60 sec Highlight Reels to YouTube

Whereas NSMBU Deluxe has
+NSLU in base game
+Toadette and Super Crown
+Nabbit in main game

-Blue Toad
-Miiverse posts
-Boost Mode
-Boost Mode challenges
-Boost Rush
NSLU in base game doesn't count as an addition. Like I said, it was re-released on Wii U with NSLU added to the base game.

Miiverse posts have been dead since late 2017, so they shouldn't really count.

We don't yet know if Boost Rush is going away. Remember, it didn't require Boost Mode.

Boost Rush is in, along with Challenges and Coin Battle.
Three additional modes—Boost Rush, Challenges, and Coin Battle—mix up gameplay and add replayability, while also upping the difficulty for players who want to try something harder. Players can use their Mii characters in these modes!
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/new-super-mario-bros-u-deluxe-switch

LudwigVon said:
YFJ said:
Pizza Time! said:
I felt that MK8 Deluxe is more "deluxe" than NSMBU Deluxe.

MK8 Deluxe has more additions than subtractions.
+DLC included in base game, and 200cc
+Real Battle Mode (Balloon, Coin, Shine)
+Boo and Feather
+Additional characters, karts
+200cc in Time Trials
+Labo support

-Miiverse stamps
-Race tracks in Battle Mode
-60 sec Highlight Reels to YouTube

Whereas NSMBU Deluxe has
+NSLU in base game
+Toadette and Super Crown
+Nabbit in main game

-Blue Toad
-Miiverse posts
-Boost Mode
-Boost Mode challenges
-Boost Rush
NSLU in base game doesn't count as an addition. Like I said, it was re-released on Wii U with NSLU added to the base game.

Miiverse posts have been dead since late 2017, so they shouldn't really count.

We don't yet know if Boost Rush is going away. Remember, it didn't require Boost Mode.

Boost Rush is in, along with Challenges and Coin Battle.
Three additional modes—Boost Rush, Challenges, and Coin Battle—mix up gameplay and add replayability, while also upping the difficulty for players who want to try something harder. Players can use their Mii characters in these modes!
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/new-super-mario-bros-u-deluxe-switch
Yay! *fireworks* *confetti* *balloons*

I only have the NSMBU+NSLU disk.

I see only one way to make these "deluxe" things they've made with NSMBU, MK8, DKCTF, and Hyrule Warriors work:

If someone has the originals on their Nintendo account, and the new version equates to a <15 USD DLC (which is all of the above), offer a steep discount for online purchase of it.

MK8DX would hardly be worth getting even with that, since it just adds 7 more Pink Gold Peaches and a worthless-as-always-unlocks-nothing-not-even-a-menu-star battle mode, but the others, it could save.

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
MK8DX would hardly be worth getting even with that, since it just adds 7 more Pink Gold Peaches and a worthless-as-always-unlocks-nothing-not-even-a-menu-star battle mode, but the others, it could save.
Bowser Jr. was a perfectly worthwhile character that should have been in MK8 from the start. And if you don't like Battle Mode...why exactly did you buy MK8DX?

I didn't buy it. In fact, I boycotted it.

Let's see, it added:
Dry Bonehead
Some squid, distaff edition
Some squid, spear edition
King Boo, unscary edition
Spoiled brat sans paintbrush
Metal Mario, booger-colored edition
Link, hatless edition

If it added Petey Piranha, on the other hand, it'd be worth every penny.

Who cares about the characters?! Mario Kart in good graphics on the GO! Not only that, but the Battle Mode adds a brand new amazing mode, Cops N Robbers in MK. A new Mario Kart would've been better, yes. But it probably would've been like MK8DX with some boring gimmick.

On topic: I most likely won't buy this game, but I'll be eager to see if they add anything new.

What if the game gets brand new DLC someday? Maybe Rosalina would be playable?

YFJ said:
Pizza Time! said:
Toadgamer said:
What if the game gets brand new DLC someday? Maybe Rosalina would be playable?
Rosalina should be playable in Super Mario Run first.
What if Nintendo is working on a secret anniversary update that adds Rosalina as a playable character?
I remember pwwnd sent a petition to add Rosalina as a playable character in Mario Run, plus new mode and more power-ups.

Moldomré said:
Pizza Time! said:
I remember pwwnd sent a petition to add Rosalina as a playable character in Mario Run, plus new mode and more power-ups.

I just hope they know that petitions never work.
I acknowledge that. I really think it is simple to add Galaxy Tour and the Fire and Ice Powerups as well by adding auto fire.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
Moldomré said:
Pizza Time! said:

I acknowledge that. I really think it is simple to add Galaxy Tour and the Fire and Ice Powerups as well by adding auto fire.

Nah, Nintendo's not adding more content to a two year old game.

If NSBUDX gets more content, either base or DLC, I'd rather have more levels than more characters.

Moldomré said:
Roll and Maria Renard said:
Moldomré said:
Pizza Time! said:

Nah, Nintendo's not adding more content to a two year old game.

If NSBUDX gets more content, either base or DLC, I'd rather have more levels than more characters.
Nintendo can certainly add more content. People have been requesting that. People want Rosalina as well as the traditional powerups that it is lacking. Nintendo still actively supports Super Mario Run and it is popular.

I would want Nintendo to make a New Super Mario Bros. Switch in return after this port. People want new games as well too.

If SMR is so popular, than why the heck is it 3 out of 5 stars on Android?! They still "support" it through random events that get you things you already have.

Moldomré said:
If SMR is so popular, than why the heck is it 3 out of 5 stars on Android?! They still "support" it through random events that get you things you already have.
Never trust user reviews. It's earned 200 million downloads, even though only 2 million copies have been sold. But the demo is very popular. Not to mention that it has a Metacritic score of 76.

Never trust user reviews. Metacritic has much more accurate scores, as it combines the scores of several critic reviews. And critics always have more reliable scores than the user average.

I trust user reviews more than Metacritic when it comes to reviews for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Kirby Air Ride but yeah.

Princess Mario said:
I trust user reviews more than Metacritic when it comes to reviews for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Kirby Air Ride but yeah.
Yeah, there are incredibly underrated games like that. But typically, critics are more reliable. They've played more games and know how to use the entire scale. And there are too many users who say "it's a 10 or it's a 0".

fantanoice said:
Female playable characters (Peach, Rosalina, Toadette, etc) would be very welcome because two Toads is bloody ridiculous.
I guess I got what I asked for XD

Tbh user reviews are always 10/10 or 0/10. Not that journalistic sites are much better.

fantanoice said:
fantanoice said:
Female playable characters (Peach, Rosalina, Toadette, etc) would be very welcome because two Toads is bloody ridiculous.
I guess I got what I asked for XD

Tbh user reviews are always 10/10 or 0/10. Not that journalistic sites are much better.
I would say that IGN and Destructoid have pretty reliable scores.

YFJ said:
Yeah, there are incredibly underrated games like that. But typically, critics are more reliable. They've played more games and know how to use the entire scale. And there are too many users who say "it's a 10 or it's a 0".

I'm pretty sure how to take a review score into consideration is more than just "trust the more experienced guys than random anons", because even the professional reviews, when it comes down to the basic fundamentals, are also stating their subjective opinion of a game and may have a different playing experience than a person who has played less video games than them. I mean, I wouldn't call myself a properly curated person when it comes to my video game library, but what I have played and experienced would definitely affect my views on another game and I may enjoy a game more than another reviewer because the game contains stuff I have been looking for in it that suits me and I had avoided cliches from other games so I enjoy the experience much more in spite of that.

Basically, the purpose of the review is simply for the reviewer to state their opinion on the game, what to expect when you're going to play it, and offer one informed perspective towards other people. You get the best results when you have opinions from multiple people, even including how some anons may think of the game even if their wording is not properly curated, and Metacritic scores would give you a general idea of a consensus from a more controlled sample size.

But ultimately in the end, this is your experience with the game. It doesn't matter if you play 10 or 10,000 games. Your opinion on NSMBU isn't any less valid than mine and that's the beauty of subjectivity.

Back