The Legendary Grand Green Star

MattMVS7

Monty Mole
Banned User
In Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario collects yellow stars and then he collects the big yellow stars known as the Grand Stars. Later on in the game, Mario starts to collect green stars. But there is no Grand Green Star in that game. I think the makers of Super Mario Galaxy 2 made this intentional to imply that the Grand Green Star will be featured in a future Mario game. I think it would have to be the ultimate, special, secret, hidden, legendary star.

I would imagine it having a special appearance such as magical sparkles and energy all over it. I mean, the way I see it would be like this. There is just 3 green stars in Super Mario Galaxy. But the green stars were proven to be very significant as there were many of them in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Therefore, it would follow that there would be a future Mario game proving the green stars to be even more significant as they feature the Legendary Grand Green Star.

Or it doesn't exist.

No seriously why would every kind of Power Star have a Grand Star variant?

Lucario said:
Or it doesn't exist.

No seriously why would every kind of Power Star have a Grand Star variant?

I could ask why the yellow stars have a Grand Star variant. It's because the yellow stars are significant. Now, the green stars were just as numerous as the yellow stars in Super Mario Galaxy 2. This makes them just as significant as the yellow stars. So, I imagine there being a Grand Green Star. There was the red star in Super Mario Galaxy. But that star was insignificant since it was just one star. So, I would imagine there being no Grand Red Star.

Yellow Stars have a Grand Star variant because they're the exception.

Silver Stars don't have a Grand Star variant either, yet they're collectibles too. What exactly would constitute the other colored stars as "minor" anyway? And what about Shine Sprites? Would those have Grand Shine Sprite variants too?

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Yellow Stars have a Grand Star variant because they're the exception.

Silver Stars don't have a Grand Star variant either, yet they're collectibles too. What exactly would constitute the other colored stars as "minor" anyway? And what about Shine Sprites? Would those have Grand Shine Sprite variants too?

The silver stars are less significant compared to the green and yellow stars which is why there is no Grand Silver Star. For example, when you collect the green and yellow stars, you hear a theme play and you don't hear a theme like that when you collect the silver stars. That must mean the green and yellow stars are more significant than the silver ones.

But, even though the red star had a theme play when you collected it, the red star is less significant than the yellow and green ones since there was just one of them in Super Mario Galaxy. As for there being a Grand Shine Sprite, I think the green stars are more significant than the Shine Sprites because these are like the legendary stars. When you hear Rosalina's story about them, you would know that the green stars are idolized.

I mean, the way I see it would be like this. There is just one green star in Super Mario Galaxy. But the green stars were proven to be very significant as there were many of them in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Therefore, it would follow that there would be a future Mario game proving the green stars to be even more significant as they feature the Legendary Grand Green Star.

There is no Grand Green Star because the Green Star does not need to increase its significance level through aspiration to more voluminous forms. That is the way of the Yellow Star. The Yellow Star has a relatively constant level of significance. However, sometimes a threat arises that requires a higher significance level to deal with. That is when the Yellow Star must achieve forms of greater volume to access new levels of significance. That is why the Yellow Star has multiple forms that vary in size.

The Green Star on the other hand is different. It is legendary. The Green Star has a significance level that rises continuously, until it is maximum. You could say that its significance is rising, overflowing. The Green Star does not have greater forms of itself because the base form of Green Star is already powerful enough.

MattMVS7 said:
There is just one green star in Super Mario Galaxy.
Actually, there's three (Green Star).

Grand Stars are for when you beat a boss or beat a significant area. Green Stars are exclusively for unlocking the Trial Galaxies in SMG1 and are an extra 120 stars that you find in the open in SMG2, eventually unlocking the Perfect Run. Green Stars are always extra stars that you don't need to beat the game and are primarily for postgame content. Meanwhile, Grand Stars are for major checkpoints in your adventure before beating the game. It wouldn't make sense to have a Grand Green Star because it would have to be both a significant checkpoint in the adventure and an extra optional star at the same time, which doesn't make sense. You've gotta think of them in terms of gameplay purpose rather than whatever arbitrary lore they made up for them.

Czario said:
MattMVS7 said:
There is just one green star in Super Mario Galaxy.
Actually, there's three (Green Star).

Grand Stars are for when you beat a boss or beat a significant area. Green Stars are exclusively for unlocking the Trial Galaxies in SMG1 and are an extra 120 stars that you find in the open in SMG2, eventually unlocking the Perfect Run. Green Stars are always extra stars that you don't need to beat the game and are primarily for postgame content. Meanwhile, Grand Stars are for major checkpoints in your adventure before beating the game. It wouldn't make sense to have a Grand Green Star because it would have to be both a significant checkpoint in the adventure and an extra optional star at the same time, which doesn't make sense. You've gotta think of them in terms of gameplay purpose rather than whatever arbitrary lore they made up for them.

Well, all I know is that the words "grand" and "green" sound good together because they have similar letters (which I've bolded). Therefore, there must be a Grand Green Star in a future Mario game. If I were to give this new Super Mario game a title, it would be "Super Mario Palace."

Borp said:
This thread is pretty stupid tbh.

Why do you think so? I think the idea of a different colored Grand Star is a good idea. Even one member before me applauded it. Now, even if my idea of a Grand Green Star was a dumb idea, I couldn't have known anyway. It sounded like a good idea at first glance. But I lack further insight to truly know if certain ideas are good or not.

All the insight I have is how to complete the Super Mario games because I've done so in the past many times. I would be able to tell someone how to get through a certain level or how to beat a certain boss. So, basically, I'm sharing my ideas which I think are good and won't receive ridicule. But they do receive harsh criticism.

I see you have ignored my assessment, even though it is in my head the correct one. The Green Star is most significant and does not need a greater version of itself. Green Star is the legendary form of Star, with maximum significance. When a Yellow Star is created, it comes to the world as a fat, useless star baby. That is why the Yellow Star must prove itself and inflate its own significance through taking larger forms. The Green Star on the other hand has been born with a significance level of 10,000 and its significance is continually rising. If your significance is rising on its own, you do not need a larger form to increase it artificially. The Green Star can easily compete in terms of significance with any form of Yellow Hair, I mean Star, no matter how large.

I do agree that in the future another green star will most likely appear. However, it will not be a Grand Green Star. It will instead be Green Star who is a girl.

Joseph Joestar said:
no, it belongs to the shine sprite

Shine Sprite is a terrible form for Star. It sacrifices sleekness and aerodynamics for greater mass and significance, and thus, while truly very significant, is completely useless because it can't do anything with it. That's why when Luigi fought against Bugaboom after training in Subcon with his future son, he chose not to use this form of Star. His son used it though, and he paid the price.

Kirby of the Stars said:
Prince Raid said:
Green Star is the legendary form of Star, with maximum significance.
Nope, that title should go to the Red Star (Red Power Star).

Red Star is special. Red Star only appears when six Yellow Stars come together and pray for divine significance. It is not the same as Green Star however. Green Star is legendary. Red Star is godly. They are different stars.

Borp said:
MattMVS7 said:
But I lack further insight to truly know if certain ideas are good or not.

My point exactly.

I think people just need to lower their standards in order to appreciate my ideas rather than criticizing them. For example, the standard of a normal gamer would render him/her thinking my ideas are great. But the standard of a Super Mario community who has much insight would deem my ideas as dumb or crap.

MattMVS7 said:
I think people just need to lower their standards in order to appreciate my ideas rather than criticizing them.

This is incredibly condescending, man. If anything, criticism helps your ideas grow. Saying we're wrong because we don't agree with your ideas is not how growth works.

Alex95 said:
MattMVS7 said:
I think people just need to lower their standards in order to appreciate my ideas rather than criticizing them.

This is incredibly condescending, man. If anything, criticism helps your ideas grow. Saying we're wrong because we don't agree with your ideas is not how growth works.

I don't need to meet this standard of growth in order for my ideas to be good. Like I said, people need to lower their standards and accept my ideas as good just the way they are. For example, according to my standard, I think the Super Mario theme song is really good. But some people out there think it's dull and not that great. This is due to their high standards preventing them from appreciating the greatness of the Super Mario theme.

The world doesn't revolve around you, and people are allowed to think whatever they want, including the opinion that your ideas aren't as good as you think they are.

thanks but high standards is a good thing as long as they are reasonable and not perfectionist, and people should generally strive for high standards.

otherwise there's no incentive to improve.

Meta Knight said:
The world doesn't revolve around you, and people are allowed to think whatever they want, including the opinion that your ideas aren't as good as you think they are.

Well then, that would be no different than saying the Super Mario theme song is bad or not that great when it really is great due to my lower musical standard. What I'm saying here is that people are free to criticize and ridicule my ideas all they want. But having high standards in life will prevent you from appreciating the beauty and greatness of anything whether it be ideas, songs, paintings, etc.

You say your ideas are good. But you are neither green, nor a star. Who are you to make decisions on such a level? Quite frankly, you lack the significance to make such calls. In fact, you shouldn't even be talking. Go and contemplate, and come back once your significance matches your actions.

MattMVS7 said:
Alex95 said:
MattMVS7 said:

I don't need to meet this standard of growth in order for my ideas to be good. Like I said, people need to lower their standards and accept my ideas as good just the way they are. For example, according to my standard, I think the Super Mario theme song is really good. But some people out there think it's dull and not that great. This is due to their high standards preventing them from appreciating the greatness of the Super Mario theme.

OR! Maybe people just have different tastes for music. You're not going to understand anyone and no one's going to understand you if you don't try some personal growth. Regarding the current topic, a Grand Green Star makes no sense in the Mario world, considering what the regular Green Stars are actually used for (which Luigi 64DD explained up above).

This isn't a matter of standards, this is a matter of gameplay mechanics. And you don't seem to be understanding either.

Back