Paper Mario series Discussion

everyones recommending it to me so im gonna recommend it as well

its definitely considered by people to be the best one out of the modern paper mario games

I do wonder what things inspired Paper Mario. I see a lot of Yoshi's Island references including Bumpties, Lantern Ghosts, Lava Piranha Plant, and the designs of the Boos and Goombas and Paratroopas (Paratroopas both had pretty elongated wings, just less exaggerated in Paper Mario). There was also a pre-release build of Nep-Enuts. I also wonder if Paper Mario's entire design is cribbed heavily from Small Mario. I don't think it's an accident that Small Mario in Super Mario World looks like Paper Mario.

SMW_Small_Mario_Sprite.png
PaperMario_Mario_Idle.png

Paper Mario even has the black hat brim that this small Mario has.
What are bumpties?

I second that query, what are Bumpies?
They are basically penguins, probably different from the penguins you see in the mainline games.

They are basically penguins, probably different from the penguins you see in the mainline games.

Thanks. I love The Shiver City Penguins of Paper Mario 64.

342EDA57-A772-482E-B13B-C2E7B7FB0AA3.jpeg

Such a chill town.

9E0B31A0-5830-4EFB-8CD9-8B45B98D6809.png

Mario the Murderer! :p

C170D97D-49D6-443C-8D9C-1038FD8C8E47.jpeg

Herringway is a fav of mine.

Doors are freaking great though, they get unaccredited love in the Mario series, just like ladders too.

It's a parody of the Paper Mario franchise direction, so yeah it's made-up.

this might be a parody but I like how they present this nonsense like it's a bad thing.

Doors are freaking great though, they get unaccredited love in the Mario series, just like ladders too.

How could you forget the best one, Road?

this might be a parody but I like how they present this nonsense like it's a bad thing.

I really need to play TTYD and TOK and see how they stack up to each other, then proceed to formulate the objective fact that TTYD is better :P

I'm joking there but I can so far say that TOK's soundtrack is superior to TTYD's.

Ah yes, Mario simply cannot win without the trusty support of his companion, Road.

Back