Why doesn't Bowser use his magic powers in battle?

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
Obviously I'm speaking of the powers he has, not about tools like wands or help from Kamek or anything like that.

First, SMB1 reveals that he can turn people into bricks. He always does this, but why doesn't he do it with Mario ever? It would finish him super easily.

Second, Mario Galaxy shows him being capable of doing some crazy *bleep*. Shooting lightning out of his hands, controlling gravity, teleportating, and firing meteors out of his mouth. But why is it that when you fight him he doesn't do any of this? He just uses the same old jumping and shell spinning and fire breath attacks most of the time.

He uses his physical attacks way more and I don't get it :bowser: . Using more of his magic would make battles against Mario easier for him.

Because it's a kids game and it's supposed to be easy.

I think it may be something personal with Mario. He wants to destroy his arch-nemesis a different way than everyone else. Or, just speculating here, he doesn't actually want to kill Mario.

There's that thing with the Super Mario Bros lore...

So it is stated in that manual that Toads were turned into bricks and piranha plants. As long as that lore stayed where it was, ok, but the thing is now every single youtubers who tries to bring evidence against Mario being a hero uses that thing and assumes that every single time Mario breaks a brick block he kills a Toad. It's just that assumption that it is canon in the entire series that make it SOOO annoying.

Also Bowser really isn't the guy who would use magic to get his way. It's more suited for villains that are pathetic (not that any villain who uses magic is bad) and too weak to deal much damage that resort to that.

So yeah I'm not a fan of wizard Bowser.

Everyone said:

So it is stated in that manual that Toads were turned into bricks and piranha plants. As long as that lore stayed where it was, ok, but the thing is now every single youtubers who tries to bring evidence against Mario being a hero uses that thing and assumes that every single time Mario breaks a brick block he kills a Toad.
My headcanon is that they were turned to STONE instead, like how Toad was in the SMBSS episode "Do you Princess Toadstool take this Koopa?". I remember one guy saying that they were instead turned into the individual bricks.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
I think it may be something personal with Mario. He wants to destroy his arch-nemesis a different way than everyone else. Or, just speculating here, he doesn't actually want to kill Mario.
Yeah, it could be that he feels that it'd be too easy to kill Mario with his magic powers, so he does it the old-fashioned way. His pride makes him want to give Mario a chance at winning, which would explain why he leaves the axe in SMB and later games. He thinks he can still beat Mario even if Mario has a chance of winning, but of course he's always wrong. So it's a combination of pride and dumbness because any reasonable person would've realized it's futile by now.

Everyone said:

So it is stated in that manual that Toads were turned into bricks and piranha plants. As long as that lore stayed where it was, ok, but the thing is now every single youtubers who tries to bring evidence against Mario being a hero uses that thing and assumes that every single time Mario breaks a brick block he kills a Toad. It's just that assumption that it is canon in the entire series that make it SOOO annoying.
They always ignore the part about power-ups: "If you come across mushrooms who have been turned into bricks or made invisible, they reward you by giving you a power boost." I know it's talking about ? Blocks, but if these Toads are rewarding you then obviously you weren't killing the Toads in Brick Blocks (plus power-ups do come from Brick Blocks sometimes though those don't break). My headcanon is that he's freeing them from the curse since it would make sense for the Toads to reward you for freeing them with a power-up.

If any video game villain used all their stated powers against the hero, things would have ended ages ago.

Czario said:
Sunshine Yoshi said:
Yeah, it could be that he feels that it'd be too easy to kill Mario with his magic powers, so he does it the old-fashioned way. His pride makes him want to give Mario a chance at winning, which would explain why he leaves the axe in SMB and later games. He thinks he can still beat Mario even if Mario has a chance of winning, but of course he's always wrong. So it's a combination of pride and dumbness because any reasonable person would've realized it's futile by now.

I think he doesn't want to kill Mario; all he wants is to defeat him and lock him in a cage (Like he did in Super Princess Peach) or something. But i'm still wondering why he leaves the axes and switches.

Back