I hope Peach and Daisy will be playable in more Mario platformers.

Now that Daisy has made it into the all star cast of Smash Bros, cementing her status as a main Mario character, I think this will happen. Nowadays when Peach is playable, Daisy is usually playable with her.

memoryman3 said:
cementing her status as a main Mario character
I say give a few games or so before you come to that conclusion. Not gonna say you're wrong or whatever but I'm not convinced by the evidence, being only Super Mario Run and this one. If she's playable like in Super Mario 3D Terraqueous Macrocosm Switch, then, fair.

Daisy needs to have a playable role or at least major supporting role in a modern Mario platformer or RPG game before I would consider that.
I don't really count Super Mario Run because it's not on a Nintendo game system.

J & Siph said:
Daisy needs to have a playable role or at least major supporting role in a modern Mario platformer or RPG game before I would consider that.
I don't really count Super Mario Run because it's not on a Nintendo game system.
Well, Super Mario Bros. Special for the NEC PC-8801 and Sharp X1 machines isn't on a Nintendo console. It's on two popular Japanese home computers. They're still considered main series Mario platformers even though they're not mainline and not on a Nintendo platform. They may be old but they're still Super Mario platformers.

memoryman3 said:
Now that Daisy has made it into the all star cast of Smash Bros, cementing her status as a main Mario character, I think this will happen. Nowadays when Peach is playable, Daisy is usually playable with her.
Ah yes, the main Mario characters, like Dr. Mario.

Deku said:
memoryman3 said:
Ah yes, the main Mario characters, like Dr. Mario.

fufufu

you just had to mention that. MM3 trashes so much on Dr. Mario because even him, as another Mario, is more unique than Daisy will ever be.

Honestly his contradictions are hilarious.

Hey Wario, what it's like being in the main Mario games?

What's that? You haven't been in one in almost 20 years?

Funny that.

Mcmadness said:
Hey Wario, what it's like being in the main Mario games?

What's that? You haven't been in one in almost 20 years?

Funny that.
I've been in Yoshi's Island DS precisely one time.

It's pretty obvious he's in there as a WarioWare rep, not a Mario one. Hence his outfit and all his stages and music coming from those games.

Swiftie_Luma said:
J & Siph said:
SM64DS says hello :wario:

uhhh that game is from 2004 , and im pretty sure Mc did reference that... 2018 .... 2004 ..... 14 years .... almost 20 years.
2004? Really? Yikes. I feel old now. :dry:

Reminder: the timespan between Super Mario 64 and its remake is shorter than Super Mario Galaxy to today.

memoryman3 said:
I hate to mention but that's how 3D World killed fans' mood. Fortunately Super Mario Run at least give some light to Daisy so hope that she will redeem in the next Super Mario multiplayer title for Switch.

J & Siph said:
SM64DS says hello :wario:
As long as Wario is featured in Warioware games, I wouldn't care too much about Wario being in more platforers or not (both SMB titles or any news for Wario Land).

Princess Mario said:
Reminder: the timespan between Super Mario 64 and its remake is shorter than Super Mario Galaxy to today.
Which makes the lack of a Sunshine remake even more ridiculous.

If there's one game that needs a remake (and an excuse for Wario to be playable again because successor to Super Mario 64 DS and all), that's Super Mario Sunshine. But who knows, maybe they'll pull a Mario & Luigi and give us a totally necessary remake of Super Mario Galaxy instead.

Maybe both Galaxy games, 64, Sunshine, and 3D Land can be remastered. On top of that a Peach mode can be added to a remaster of 3D Land as post-game content. I loved how Super Mario Run had Peach playable after being rescued. That was awesome. Nintendo needs to do that more often. Peach is awesome when she is playable in the platformers. That's the reason why she is good. She's not completely useless all the time. Her floating ability can come in handy sometimes and can be useful to correct mistakes. A lot of Peach haters seem to overlook that.Sure Peach may be a little slow, but she's not too painfully slow when compared to Wario in SM64DS or Bowser in Super Paper Mario (who are way too damn slow which I cannot stand). Sometimes that slowness can be a key in certain levels such as the Ice levels in Super Mario Bros. 2 (World 4). Peach needs to be respected even though she may be kidnapped a lot frequently. In fact, her damsel in distress role has a purpose for most games and she serves that purpose most times.

Back