"Leaks" and other dumb junk

Hold your horses. You don't even know who this character is, haven't even seen gameplay, much less a screenshot or even mere description of its moveset. How can you form such a long-winded rant on so little information?

On the bright side, Joker is going to come with a fantastic Persona soundtrack. Even if you don't care for him, you'll get to play on his stage and the sweet fusion jazz the game offers, if not, music from previous installments of the series.

Last Surprise better have lyrics in Smash Ultimate.

Hope we get the original soundtrack, Sakurai has room to screw up there.

Now of course, we need to remember that "Brave" is just a codename and could be any number of things. Yes, a lot of signs and other insiders are pointing to Erdrick from Dragon Quest but it's not set in stone. We could very well get a Bravely Default character or something completely different.

I think it's Erdrick for a number of reasons.
1. Verge mentioned a Square Enix character would be coming.
2. The leaked parameters and frame data are fitting of an average sized, slightly heavier character (a swordsman in heavy armor)
3. Dragon Quest is massive in Japan and DQIII (Erdrick's game) is still held in very high regard over there. To be frank, DQ basically created JRPGs as we know them. Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Bravely Default, and Mario RPG all owe a lot to this series. Plus DQ has a very long and rich history with Nintendo. It's a pretty important 3rd party IP for Nintendo, much like how Castlevania and Mega Man were, if not more so.

it cant be a Bravely Default character because nintendo isnt cool enough to add one

King Dedede said:
I, for one, am disappointed.

First Joker, whom I didn't care for nor recognize at all, and now this. I don't mean to make people who are happy about his inclusion change their opinions, but this is one of the most disappointing Smash reveals ever imo. This guy, who isn't made by Nintendo, who has no personality whatsoever, and who doesn't even have a localized name, is getting into Smash. This may be an unpopular opinion of sorts, but I want Nintendo characters in Smash. Not these third-party characters who have no business in a game that's supposed to be all about Nintendo, and especially those who lack any sense of personality. And on top of that, this guy is revealed directly after Joker, another third-party character whom I have virtually zero interest in. If this trend continues, and it likely will, there will be no Nintendo characters in the Fighters Pass. I was already losing hope with Joker and the announcement that DLC would be "unexpected", but now my hopes for literally any character I remotely wanted in Smash are 100% dead. Just get the DLC over with and start work on the next Smash.

With Joker, I could at least be happy for the fans. But with this guy? There are literally no fans to be happy for! That just multiplies my disappointment by ten.

(end rant)
This post can be summed up as:

"It's not my most wanted so I don't like it."

Which is the sort of shit I expect from Smashboards.

Putt-Putt said:
King Dedede said:
I, for one, am disappointed.

First Joker, whom I didn't care for nor recognize at all, and now this. I don't mean to make people who are happy about his inclusion change their opinions, but this is one of the most disappointing Smash reveals ever imo. This guy, who isn't made by Nintendo, who has no personality whatsoever, and who doesn't even have a localized name, is getting into Smash. This may be an unpopular opinion of sorts, but I want Nintendo characters in Smash. Not these third-party characters who have no business in a game that's supposed to be all about Nintendo, and especially those who lack any sense of personality. And on top of that, this guy is revealed directly after Joker, another third-party character whom I have virtually zero interest in. If this trend continues, and it likely will, there will be no Nintendo characters in the Fighters Pass. I was already losing hope with Joker and the announcement that DLC would be "unexpected", but now my hopes for literally any character I remotely wanted in Smash are 100% dead. Just get the DLC over with and start work on the next Smash.

With Joker, I could at least be happy for the fans. But with this guy? There are literally no fans to be happy for! That just multiplies my disappointment by ten.

(end rant)
This post can be summed up as:

"It's not my most wanted so I don't like it."

Which is the sort of *bleep* I expect from Smashboards.
Nah, I already knew Bandana Waddle Dee wasn't getting in, but I was hoping it would at least be a first-party Nintendo character I would actually recognize. I don't like third party characters I know essentially nothing about, especially when said character supposedly doesn't have a personality. Like I said, I would be happy for the fans, but there are no fans of the character to be happy for. Only Dragon Quest fans who are happy with any kind of representation for the series, and while I'm happy for them, I'm sure they could have gotten better. Like maybe Slime, aka the icon of Dragon Quest.

There's still room for characters, it's not over. Don't make quick assumptions.

Also getting unexpected characters from third-party series (or possible even obscure first-party ones) is a good step in introducing more people to the game and even make you want to play other games.

How do you think I got all my Fire Emblem knowledge?

meh I don't think any of my most-wanted have a remote chance anymore. They're all either spirits/assist trophies/stage elements what have you. I'm happy they are represented and I want to still count spirit characters in the running, but it's heavily implied everything going forward will be big mainstream 3rd party franchises to play to the masses, none of my most-wanteds fit that so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Even the third parties I want probably won't get in either, so resounding meh. But I wouldn't type up a rant about it ...

it's a datamine that literally says "brave" and nothing more

nothing is confirmed until we see an announcement

all leaks are fake

my point is, don't be 100% dead sure it's DQ, especially since Square basically gave jack shit for cloud

At this point I don't care. Joker got revealed, not what I wanted, it had its fans, so I can't complain. All the characters that got in during the game were hits for me, so I think I'm not gonna like any of the DLC. I'm happy for the DragonQuest fans, but I don't really give a shit.

I'm gonna purchase the DLC, no matter what's on it. Cause I wanna have 100% on this game some day, AKA all the characters, music tracks, stages, etc.

I mean yeah, wouldn't be Everyone Is Here otherwise.

Back