The official E3 2018 topic

The best game announced so far is Super Mario Party, which is the game I am most looking forward to, more so than Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It appears to utilise a lot of characters so that alone makes it worth it, and when you throw in a good board system and a nice minigame package, it becomes a much anticipated Mario Party. Here's hoping they reveal other exciting features in the new Mario Party, like how are bad luck handled now that Bowser and Bowser Jr. are playable characters like the others. It's just a wish, but I hope some Mario Party original characters get to be revealed.

I can't fault Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for being a very huge package, and I am glad I held off getting any characters AND costumes in the Wii U version because of off-hand news on Smash's return. I know I will be getting it eventually because of the other great things about it, but Waluigi still being an Assist Trophy (and thus not having a presence in the battlefield) puts a damper on things.

Another thing revealed is that Splatoon 2 will have new weapons up until December, and while I am not sure what that entailed, they revealed two weapons alongside, one a Slosher and one a Splatling (which looks like a multi-ink pen), and perhaps a third alternative of certain weapons like Splatoon 1's Sheldon's Picks.

Thank you for reading.

So far, it looks like Nintendo didn't win E3 since Smash was almost the only big thing. My predictions ended up being wrong for the most part since the amount of games was on a much smaller scale than I expected. No Metroid, and where the heck is Yoshi? There might be some more announcements in the next few days, but don't expect much. It's a good thing Smash is as big as it is.

I don't particularly care about who "won" E3 as it's really just a corporate ass-licking contest on who can impress fellow shareholders. E3 isn't about the video gamers. That being said, Nintendo has focused only on Smash Switch for a good reason since it's probably the only Nintendo IP that generates this amount of hype, so they probably don't want other games be overshadowed. Unfortunately, if you're not really in to Super Smash Bros., it's a pretty underwhelming Nintendo E3,. I do love Smash Bros. though. I don't regret missing it and then not really reading much about it and being late to the party like always.

I wonder what kind of stuff is going to be revealed from Nintendo in the coming two days, because I get the impression that this is not all over. I am sure that Smash Ultimate will have another character being revealed.

I am going to guess that there will be some new Kingdoms for Super Mario Odyssey shown.

Thank you for reading.

Yoshi 2018 exists guys. It's still a thing, remember?

Man, now that I think of, it's been an entire YEAR since it was announced and still no title! This is Breath of the Wild all over again, except it's not as hyped.

Actually, I believe it's Yoshi's Woolly World all over again (though that did have a name). What is it with Yoshi games lately and having a huge gap between announcement and release?

There's not a Xenoblade 2 thread as far as I know but they showed some stuff about the challenge mode dlc and the rewards for it.

Specifically Shulk and Fiora as blades and being able to buy costumes with the currency from completing challenge mode. I haven't watched but apparently Shulk has visions like xc1 so that's interesting.

Available like tomorrow I think. I'm not sure if anything is coming for people without the dlc.

Princess Mario said:
I don't particularly care about who "won" E3 as it's really just a corporate ass-licking contest on who can impress fellow shareholders. E3 isn't about the video gamers.
If E3 isn't about the video gamers then how come gamers from all areas of gaming express their excitement for the show, how come the companies who do the conferences release trailers and try and get people excited for the games being shown (i.e. advertising). What your saying about e3 being there to impress corporate shareholders is also correct because it shows them what them what the companies plans are for the next year and therefore aiming the share price goes up in the hope that it would allow the company to do well but companies also are not gonna do well at e3 if you also don't advertise to the actual gamer. The reason why Xbox One did so badly in it's early years was purely down to the gamers not liking the e3 presentation in 2013 that focused on the console.

Simplly put I think e3 is for both the cooperate shareholders and the gamers themselves.

Nintendo finished their E3 stuff at 2:00 P. T./5:00 E. T., so this means that besides Smash, the Mario Tennis Aces was the only Mario game already known and Super Mario Party and Arcade Archives Donkey Kong are the only two new ones. However, there is a sale going of for both Switch and 3DS until the 21st to celebrate E3. But only for a digital download. Here's the site https://e3.nintendo.com/sale/

Edit: Also, there is a NintendoPower podcast that (probably only this) will recover E3 announcements and highlights with Reggie. https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1007337124310409217

NSY said:
If E3 isn't about the video gamers then how come gamers from all areas of gaming express their excitement for the show, how come the companies who do the conferences release trailers and try and get people excited for the games being shown (i.e. advertising). What your saying about e3 being there to impress corporate shareholders is also correct because it shows them what them what the companies plans are for the next year and therefore aiming the share price goes up in the hope that it would allow the company to do well but companies also are not gonna do well at e3 if you also don't advertise to the actual gamer. The reason why Xbox One did so badly in it's early years was purely down to the gamers not liking the e3 presentation in 2013 that focused on the console.

Simplly put I think e3 is for both the cooperate shareholders and the gamers themselves.
The stuff that impress the shareholders also happen to impress the gamers because they see gamers has walking wallets. Xbox One did get a backlash, but I'm also going to say they listened to their shareholders rather than their fans. EA is probably the most explicitly shareholder sucking, but it's not limited to EA and we've seen a lot of misleading and dishonest stuff they've done (for instance, a trailer has post-processing imposed voice-overs on the game when the final product has nothing). It has happened before.

Yoshi the SSM said:
Nintendo finished their E3 stuff at 2:00 P. T./5:00 E. T., so this means that besides Smash, the Mario Tennis Aces was the only Mario game already known and Super Mario Party and Arcade Archives Donkey Kong are the only two new ones. However, there is a sale going of for both Switch and 3DS until the 21st to celebrate E3. But only for a digital download. Here's the site https://e3.nintendo.com/sale/

Sadly none of the items on sale are intriguing even though they should be, since I got these games:
- Splatoon 2 (it's the reason I got a Switch)
- Mario + Rabbids (so I can't get a discount on the Donkey Kong stuff)
- Golf Story, though I got it at a smaller discount (20%)
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (it's the first eShop game I bought for Switch, but it wasn't discounted)

Games I don't have:
- Breath of the Wild is something I am going to wait for a Nintendo Selects version since it's a game that sold very well to get one down the line
- Uncertainty on whether I will like Pac-Man Championship Edition 2
- Fe looks exciting but I am going to wait for a deeper discount since it's not on my wishlist, given that I bought discounted games outside my wishlist only to have those games discounted further than when I bought them.
- Same goes with Blossom Tales except because it's also on Steam it's generally cheaper there
- Gorogoa is also on Steam which is also generally cheaper there

Thank you for reading.

Back