The official E3 2018 topic

Haven't been paying attention but I'm glad the better version of Vesperia is finally coming to not-360 so I can play it.

Another recap:
Andrew W.K played "Get Ready To Die" after Walmart leaked Rage 2
New DOOM! It's called DOOM Eternal
Wolfenstien 2 is still coming to Switch, all versions getting DLC that focuses on a pair of twins
Elder Scrolls Legends is coming to consoles, including Switch
Prey gets some DLC
Fallout Shelter coming to Switch and PS4 tonight, still free.
Fallout 76 is an online game that focuses on West Virginia myths
Elder Scroll Blades, a mobile game
New single player franchise: Starfied
Elder Scrolls 6 is coming, nothing but a teaser right now
Todd is aware about all the jokes about him

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

So I was watching the Tonys and missed the conferences tonight. But still....

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

HELL ON EARTH

I went to the home page on YouTube, and I saw a video of E3 2013's Nintendo Direct. Here was 2013's list. 1:1 replica of what's in the description. I am posting since most people don't remember and it does have something in common that is in bold. Besides it being 45 minutes (2013's was exactly 41 minutes and 18 seconds).

• Pokémon X and Y
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Wii Party U
  • 2013 3rd Party Releases
  • 2013 Wii U Nintendo eShop Releases
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Monolith Soft
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • Nintendo E3 Booth Tour

DevolverDigital had a brief little thing and this was one game they mentioned thats for the switch.

Mewta said:
Another recap:
Andrew W.K played "Get Ready To Die" after Walmart leaked Rage 2
New DOOM! It's called DOOM Eternal
Wolfenstien 2 is still coming to Switch, all versions getting DLC that focuses on a pair of twins
Elder Scrolls Legends is coming to consoles, including Switch
Prey gets some DLC
Fallout Shelter coming to Switch and PS4 tonight, still free.
Fallout 76 is an online game that focuses on West Virginia myths
Elder Scroll Blades, a mobile game
New single player franchise: Starfied
Elder Scrolls 6 is coming, nothing but a teaser right now
Todd is aware about all the jokes about him
You forgetting something...

I can't wait to play Skyrim on a pager.

Mcmadness said:
DevolverDigital had a brief little thing and this was one game they mentioned thats for the switch.
"we wanted to make a deadpool game but couldn't get the license"

That looks like a lot of fun, though. Will most likely pick it up.

The Splatoon World Championships 2018 is partially over, and the finalists are from Europe and Japan, after an intense round from all the other parties. The stages are announced prior to the event, but only the Opening and Semi-Finals. Notably, the Finals doesn't have announced stages, and since it will be after the Direct, expect to see a new Ranked mode and/or map after being detailed in the Direct. There are two possibilities on what this new Ranked mode is, but I think I will leave the surprise out.

Thank you for reading.

Sony show had a lot of filler, but it had some good stuff
.Death Stranding has gameplay but it still doesn't make sense
.Spider-Man has at least 6 classic foes
.Pirates World in KH3
.Kingdom Hearts all in one bundle for E3
. Resident Evil 2 remake
.Nioh 2
.The Last Of Us 2 still has Ellie gay
.Samurai game from Sucker Punch
. Some game about a phsyic?
. No Square Avengers at all

I would also want a Super Mario 3D World port for the Switch announced in the Direct.

It's interesting how Kingdom Hearts 3's new worlds are shown in both Microsoft and Sony's conferences, which is a sign that Kingdom Hearts is a big game by Square-Enix that they are widening the reach as much as they can.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
I would also want a Super Mario 3D World port for the Switch announced in the Direct.

I would rather Nintendo announce completely new games rather than ports, mainly because new games are what get people excited for the possibilities, rather than ports (especially Wii U ones, given that that's what a lot of people wanted). There were ports announced in Directs, but those are outside E3. Even Pokken DX was announced outside E3, even though it was shown in E3 2017 (I think). Even putting Wii and earlier games could be bigger since they are usually given room to have exciting improvements, like maybe a Super Mario Galaxy HD remake.

If 3D World were to be shown, it would be better as a sequel instead, with new levels and more characters.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
I would rather Nintendo announce completely new games rather than ports, mainly because new games are what get people excited for the possibilities, rather than ports (especially Wii U ones, given that that's what a lot of people wanted). There were ports announced in Directs, but those are outside E3. Even Pokken DX was announced outside E3, even though it was shown in E3 2017 (I think). Even putting Wii and earlier games could be bigger since they are usually given room to have exciting improvements, like maybe a Super Mario Galaxy HD remake.

If 3D World were to be shown, it would be better as a sequel instead, with new levels and more characters.

Thank you for reading.
But it wouldn't be fair with Captain Toad Treasure Tracker as that game was the prequel to 3D World and 3D World was the sequel to Treasure Tracker despite 3D World being released before Treasure Tracker. I mean people missed out on 3D World and 3D World sold poorly because the Wii U was a flop. 3D World would be preserved on the Switch and would do better on the Switch because the Switch is a more successful system. I mean, it could co-exist alongside Super Mario Odyssey and represent the casual 3D Mario. Plus, I think 3D World would work better as a multiplayer game on the go.

winstein said:

Thank you for reading.
But it wouldn't be fair with Captain Toad Treasure Tracker as that game was the prequel to 3D World and 3D World was the sequel to Treasure Tracker despite 3D World being released before Treasure Tracker. I mean people missed out on 3D World and 3D World sold poorly because the Wii U was a flop. 3D World would be preserved on the Switch and would do better on the Switch because the Switch is a more successful system. I mean, it could co-exist alongside Super Mario Odyssey and represent the casual 3D Mario. Plus, I think 3D World would work better as a multiplayer game on the go.
I won't say that 3D World is a flop, since it sold at more than 5 million, which is pretty good and not what qualifies as a failure in sales. Maybe in contrast to the potential sales it could have been better, but because it's not an online title it is probably deemed successful enough to be where it is. In regards to Captain Toad getting a port, they were able to justify the port by adding new levels based on Super Mario Odyssey. Based on what you said, I suppose you wanted the same game but on a different system, which wouldn't make sense.

I understand that the Switch is a suitable system for Super Mario 3D World's multiplayer, which is logically sound since it does have the necessary features, but certain functions are made to work with the Gamepad, such as the microphone and the touch screen.

Besides, as I said, E3 is best used for new game announcement, not ports. It's like announcing a port of Super Mario Galaxy (assuming there's a different system to port to) but because it was already announced in a previous E3 it would have been far less exciting because a good number of people has already gone through it. Which is what makes Super Mario Galaxy 2 a better announcement, and actually generated excitement back at E3 2009. Similarly, a 3D World 2 would generate far more excitement than just a mere port.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
winstein said:

Thank you for reading.
I won't say that 3D World is a flop, since it sold at more than 5 million, which is pretty good and not what qualifies as a failure in sales. Maybe in contrast to the potential sales it could have been better, but because it's not an online title it is probably deemed successful enough to be where it is. In regards to Captain Toad getting a port, they were able to justify the port by adding new levels based on Super Mario Odyssey. Based on what you said, I suppose you wanted the same game but on a different system, which wouldn't make sense.

I understand that the Switch is a suitable system for Super Mario 3D World's multiplayer, which is logically sound since it does have the necessary features, but certain functions are made to work with the Gamepad, such as the microphone and the touch screen.

Besides, as I said, E3 is best used for new game announcement, not ports. It's like announcing a port of Super Mario Galaxy (assuming there's a different system to port to) but because it was already announced in a previous E3 it would have been far less exciting because a good number of people has already gone through it. Which is what makes Super Mario Galaxy 2 a better announcement, and actually generated excitement back at E3 2009. Similarly, a 3D World 2 would generate far more excitement than just a mere port.

Thank you for reading.
3D World is not a flop by itself, but when taking sales into account and the relative flop of the Wii U it is a dissappointment. Even in terms of 3D Mario titles, it is a disappointment. It sold less than arguably that of Super Mario Sunshine which was for the longest time the worst selling 3D Mario title of all time until it was surpassed by 3D World.

They could add Super Mario Odyssey inspired stages like what Treasure Tracker has, but add Daisy as well. That would justify the port as well. Changes could be made to the game to take advantage of the Joy-Cons motion controls such as the Microphone parts can be redone so that they use just a shake of the Joy-Cons. The Touchscreen parts can remain intact but can have a JoyCon alternative method of pointing at it.

winstein said:
winstein said:

Thank you for reading.

Thank you for reading.
3D World is not a flop by itself, but when taking sales into account and the relative flop of the Wii U it is a dissappointment. Even in terms of 3D Mario titles, it is a disappointment. It sold less than arguably that of Super Mario Sunshine which was for the longest time the worst selling 3D Mario title of all time until it was surpassed by 3D World.

They could add Super Mario Odyssey inspired stages like what Treasure Tracker has, but add Daisy as well. That would justify the port as well. Changes could be made to the game to take advantage of the Joy-Cons motion controls such as the Microphone parts can be redone so that they use just a shake of the Joy-Cons. The Touchscreen parts can remain intact but can have a JoyCon alternative method of pointing at it.

To reiterate the argument I initially made (before it might potentially veer off the topic), I mentioned that E3 is more suitable for new games, and not ports. That means that I don't think a Super Mario 3D World port is a suitable announcement for an E3, where it would be better served for Super Mario 3D World 2. You can suggest as many ideas or ways you can improve on a port, but it's doesn't really matter if the game is still essentially the same, which wouldn't be as exciting and would be better when announced outside E3. As an example, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Captain Toad were announced to get ports, and the timing of their announcement is better because they were announced in Nintendo Directs outside E3.

Thank you for reading.

Other than Smash, I'm hoping for something else Mario-related that we don't already know about at Nintendo's presentation. I want to say a new Paper Mario but since that's probably more likely to be a disappointment, I'll refrain from hoping for it too hard. Maybe a Partners in Time remake on the Switch? Mario Kart 9? A Paper Mario remake (which would be far more likely to impress than a new game at this point)? I'm not expecting BIS DX since 3DS doesn't seem to be appearing at all, but that would be hype to see.

Re: The official E3 2018 topic

Fawful with a Monster in Peach's Castle said:
Other than Smash, I'm hoping for something else Mario-related that we don't already know about at Nintendo's presentation. I want to say a new Paper Mario but since that's probably more likely to be a disappointment, I'll refrain from hoping for it too hard. Maybe a Partners in Time remake on the Switch? Mario Kart 9? A Paper Mario remake (which would be far more likely to impress than a new game at this point)? I'm not expecting BIS DX since 3DS doesn't seem to be appearing at all, but that would be hype to see.
Your wish has been granted...kind of. We have Super Mario Party, which looks to be an amazing game (and no cars!), but that's it. No NSMB Switch or M&L6 or anything like that.

That looks cool. It appears Bowser's fully playable in it, though I have only watched the trailer once during the presentation. Right now I'm just bummed about the absolute disrespect towards Waluigi that I just witnessed :'(

Super Mario Party: I like how they're returning the Toad Scramble formula. It's what I really wanted out of the gameplay, because its formular is decent. The character roster though...pretty disappointing.

Smash Bros. Ultimate, yeah, of course, pretty much the best part of the direct. I don't think I can add anything new that anyone else haven't. I love all returning veterans. I love the returning stages. The newcomers were okay.

Back