Kirby Discussion Thread

I don't like it when he does theories that ruin your favorite game series, though he does that a lot more than Channel Frederator(who hasn"t uploaded anything in a month or 2, and as of late last year, hasn't posted any 107 Facts on the main channel in a long time :mad:)

We really should stop complaining about him. Talking about him is something he wants. You know he's doing this to try to get people talking and therefore cultivate a bigger audience for his videos.

I like Kirby, as the games can be pretty satisfying to play. My favourite? I'm torn between Kirby Super Star and Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
winstein said:
I'm hoping for a sequel to one of the quirkier Kirby games, so maybe like a sequel to Dream Course or perhaps even better: Star Stacker.

Thank you for reading.
What we really need is an international release of Super Star Stacker. I'm currently trying to install region-free mods on my Wii so I can play that.
Priiloader?

Or is this the Wii U?

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:
Dream Stone Spirit said:
winstein said:
I'm hoping for a sequel to one of the quirkier Kirby games, so maybe like a sequel to Dream Course or perhaps even better: Star Stacker.

Thank you for reading.
What we really need is an international release of Super Star Stacker. I'm currently trying to install region-free mods on my Wii so I can play that.
Priiloader?

Or is this the Wii U?
Well, it was Menu Loader that I tried on Wii (haven't installed Priiloader yet), but...that didn't work out so well. But I could probably do a VC inject of some kind on Wii U so I can play it on that.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
Dream Stone Spirit said:
winstein said:

Thank you for reading.
Priiloader?

Or is this the Wii U?
Well, it was Menu Loader that I tried on Wii (haven't installed Priiloader yet), but...that didn't work out so well. But I could probably do a VC inject of some kind on Wii U so I can play it on that.
I've actually tried doing that myself. Though it was a GBA game, rather than an SNES one.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
Dream Stone Spirit said:
winstein said:

Thank you for reading.
Priiloader?

Or is this the Wii U?
I've actually tried doing that myself. Though it was a GBA game, rather than an SNES one.
I've actually done a DS VC inject before (though it was Bowser's Inside Story, which has various anti-piracy measures that prevent it from working on VC), and I've also done a few N64 and GCN VC injects before. But I have yet to do an SNES inject.

You know, Kirby's more recent games has a tendency to call back to previous entries, most notably Star Allies having all the Dream Friends. Even spin-off material has some form of reference, such as how Kirby Dream Course and Kirby Star Stacker were referenced in Planet Robobot. Even Kirby's Epic Yarn is referenced despite the fact that it shares little with Kirby's trademark abilities and how it was originally not a Kirby game. So here's something I wonder: has Kirby's Avalanche ever been referenced in future games?

I am inclined to think that it will never be referenced, which is saying a lot since every other Kirby game has some form of acknowledgement. Rainbow Curse I don't think was referenced yet but an interview mentioned this game, so I don't think it's off the cards. This would put Kirby's Avalanche in an awkward spot because it's not only the Kirby series that wouldn't acknowledge it, but also the Puyo Puyo series.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
You know, Kirby's more recent games has a tendency to call back to previous entries, most notably Star Allies having all the Dream Friends. Even spin-off material has some form of reference, such as how Kirby Dream Course and Kirby Star Stacker were referenced in Planet Robobot. Even Kirby's Epic Yarn is referenced despite the fact that it shares little with Kirby's trademark abilities and how it was originally not a Kirby game. So here's something I wonder: has Kirby's Avalanche ever been referenced in future games?

I am inclined to think that it will never be referenced, which is saying a lot since every other Kirby game has some form of acknowledgement. Rainbow Curse I don't think was referenced yet but an interview mentioned this game, so I don't think it's off the cards. This would put Kirby's Avalanche in an awkward spot because it's not only the Kirby series that wouldn't acknowledge it, but also the Puyo Puyo series.

Thank you for reading.
Man, Kirby's portrayal in that game was top-notch...they've got to bring that back.

Well, it's time to rank the Kirby games!

1. Kirby Air Ride
2. Kirby Battle Royale
3. Team Kirby Clash Deluxe
4. Kirby Triple Deluxe
5. Kirby Planet Robobot
6. Kirby Mass Attack
7. Kirby's Star Stacker
8. Kirby's Epic Yarn
9. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
10. Kirby Canvas Curse
11. Kirby's Dream Collection
12. Kirby Star Allies
13. Kirby Super Star Ultra
14. Kirby's Blowout Blast
15. Kirby's Return to Dreamland
16. Kirby Super Star
17. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
18. Kirby's Avalanche
19. Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
20. Kirby's Nightmare in Dream Land
21. Kirby's Dream Course
22. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
23. Kirby's Adventure
24. Kirby Squeak Squad
25. Kirby's Dream Land 3
26. Kirby's Dream Land 2
27. Kirby's Block Ball
28. Kirby Tilt N' Tumble
29. Kirby Fighters Deluxe
30. Kirby's Pinball Land
31. Kirby's Dream Land

To quote from my ask thread:

YoshiFlutterJump said:
1. Kirby Star Allies
2. Kirby: Planet Robobot
3. Kirby: Triple Deluxe
4. Kirby's Return to Dream Land
5. Kirby Super Star
6. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
7. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
8. Kirby: Squeak Squad
9. Kirby's Dream Land 3
10. Kirby's Adventure
11. Kirby's Dream Land 2
12. Kirby's Dream Land

This doesn't include spin-offs btw, and I don't have time to rank them right now, but imo, Rainbow Curse is the best spinoff and Block Ball is the worst.

Revenant Archagent said:
Well, it's time to rank the Kirby games!

1. Kirby Air Ride
2. Kirby Battle Royale
3. Team Kirby Clash Deluxe
4. Kirby Triple Deluxe
5. Kirby Planet Robobot
6. Kirby Mass Attack
7. Kirby's Star Stacker
8. Kirby's Epic Yarn
9. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
10. Kirby Canvas Curse
11. Kirby's Dream Collection
12. Kirby Star Allies
13. Kirby Super Star Ultra
14. Kirby's Blowout Blast
15. Kirby's Return to Dreamland
16. Kirby Super Star
17. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
18. Kirby's Avalanche
19. Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
20. Kirby's Nightmare in Dream Land
21. Kirby's Dream Course
22. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
23. Kirby's Adventure
24. Kirby Squeak Squad
25. Kirby's Dream Land 3
26. Kirby's Dream Land 2
27. Kirby's Block Ball
28. Kirby Tilt N' Tumble
29. Kirby Fighters Deluxe
30. Kirby's Pinball Land
31. Kirby's Dream Land
I get that this is opinions and stuff, but I feel that you put Battle Royale way too high and Tilt 'n' Tumble way too low. Also, since you're ranking remakes separately...why is Extra Epic Yarn that much lower than Epic Yarn?

I'm just not a fan of the smaller screen size and more cramped controls, I really think the Wii was the best system for KEY

You know, since I have the time now, might as well go ahead and rank the spin-offs:

1. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
2. Kirby: Canvas Curse
3. Kirby Air Ride
4. Kirby's Epic Yarn
5. Kirby: Mass Attack
6. Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble
7. Kirby: Battle Royale
8. Team Kirby Clash Deluxe
9. Kirby's Blowout Blast
10. Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe
11. Kirby Fighters Deluxe
12. Kirby's Dream Course
13. Kirby's Avalanche
14. Kirby's Star Stacker
15. Kirby Pinball Land
16. Kirby's Block Ball

I am going through Planet Robobot currently, but there is something that surprised me:

I was expecting Susie's allegiance to the villainous team to be made clear near the end, so to see that she admitted to her allegiance in World 3's boss is sort of a surprise to me. I was expecting it to be like how Marx was only revealed to be the villain only at the end. I wonder what sort of twists Robobot has because I heard that Robobot is known for its plot twists.

Speaking of Marx, because I skipped the intro (he is only present briefly in the intro) I assumed that he is a last-minute character that is only there to be a final boss, similar to how earlier Final Fantasy games usually introduced the Final Boss near the end.

Also, I am a bit disappointed that with the exception of Smash Bros (because no species is assigned this ability), not every ability is assigned a Robobot equivalent, so for example we don't get a Leaf Mode or Whip Mode. Mike Mode is a surprising addition and one I approve of since its original incarnation has limited attacks.

Thank you for reading.

YoshiFlutterJump said:
Revenant Archagent said:
KBB is epic, why is it so low?
It's literally just a Breakout clone and has very little to do with Kirby. It's an okay game, but an easy loser.
Looking at this now...I see I misunderstood KBB to mean Block Ball...now I see you probably meant Blowout Blast. Yeah, that's one of the ones I haven't played; it looks fun, but simplistic. Hard to rank a game when I've played very little like it, though.

Also, recently finished Rainbow Curse. An absolutely amazing game that I'd recommend to anyone. Rest in peace, Rainbow Curse, as that Elline spirit in Ultimate is probably one of the only references you're ever gonna get.

I posted this on the Discord, but I might as well post it here too.

For those of you who don't know, Kirby's Star Stacker, a Tetris-esque puzzle game for Game Boy, received a Japan-only enhanced remake for SNES in 1998 known as Kirby's Super Star Stacker, which added some fresh graphics and a Story Mode, among other things. It was originally slated for release outside Japan, but as it wasn't released until two years after the release of the N64, its fate saleswise was practically guaranteed to be even worse than that of Kirby's Dream Land 3, so they cancelled it. The game was released on Wii and Wii U Virtual Console as well, but only in Japan; to this day the game has never seen the light of day outside Japan.

But recently, after all this time, a few fans came together and decided to create an English translation patch for the game. It's still in beta phase, but for the most part it's finished; all translation work is done and they're just applying some final touch-ups. You can see more at this webpage, including a download link:

https://www.kirbyinformer.com/post/fan-translation-of-kirby-s-super-star-stacker-has-been-released

There's an awesome logo to go with it, too. You'd almost think it's official!

D8m6BaRUcAI_Lml.png

Back