Kirby Discussion Thread

Nintendo can't let go of the 3DS can they

Even Kirby Air Ride for 3DS would've gotten me more excited, but oh well, maybe my friend can enjoy this game, since he's a Kirby fan and he criminally missed out on this one.

I mean hey, there was a lot of Wii U ports on the Switch! Now it's a Wii port on the 3DS.

Don't tell me Dedede dpesn't give you the same reaction. At least they got Meta Knight's shape right!

Re: Kirby Discussion Thready

I just realized that Elline never laid eyes on either Dedede or Meta Knight (they were colorless statues throughout Rainbow Curse, according to Play Nintendo), so when she was drawing them she had Kirby describe to her what they looked like. Kirby probably just said "he wears a mask" for Meta Knight and "he's fat" for Dedede. That explains why her drawings of Dedede and Meta Knight are so bad.

latest

I must say, her drawings of Kirby and Bandana Dee are much better (probably because she was actually with them).

I know no *bleep* about Kirby besides Adventure and that cartoon, but I'm starting to like it more. Tell me what to play, Kirby fans.

Play Amazing Mirror and Planet Robobot.

if you played and liked Smash Run, Kirby City Trial + two other modes is a good bet.

Saltman said:
I know no *bleep* about Kirby besides Adventure and that cartoon, but I'm starting to like it more. Tell me what to play, Kirby fans.
Well, to begin, which Nintendo consoles do you own? I can recommend games better if I know what games you're able to play.

Saltman said:

Play Return to DreamLand.

Play any game in the series but be sure to play this one in particular.

I mean it

King Dedede said:
Saltman said:
Well, to begin, which Nintendo consoles do you own? I can recommend games better if I know what games you're able to play.

Wii, GBA, and 3DS sir.

Well you got a Wii

Go pick up Return to DreamLand, thank me later

In that case, get Kirby’s Dream Collection on Wii for sure. If you can find it for under $50, it gets the highest recommendation. You get six classic Kirby games (two of which are not available on your current systems otherwise), as well as three anime episodes and some other extras, like some ability challenge stages and an interactive Kirby history. I don't think I even need to say that this is the perfect entry point to the series. However, as this is a collector's edition, you might have difficulty finding it at $50 or less, so in that case, you're better off getting the games by other means. The games included are Kirby 1, Kirby 2, Kirby 3, Kirby 64, Kirby’s Adventure, and Kirby Super Star.

Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe, and Planet Robobot are all solid entries in the series. I would play them in order of release, but you can really play them in any order. I would also recommend Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad to play sometime as well.

In the case that you're unable to get the Dream Collection, whether it's too expensive or you live in Europe/Australia, there are other ways to get the games included. Since Wii VC is shutting down you can't get games through that, but 3DS VC allows you to get Kirby 1 and 2 on there. Also, Adventure and Super Star are widely considered some of the best of the series, and as such they both have enhanced remakes. Adventure was remade for GBA as Nightmare in Dream Land, and later ported to 3DS under the 3D Classics label. I'd recommend the GBA remake, but the 3DS port certainly has a good price point going for it, do just take whichever version you want. Super Star is available on the 3DS VC for a cheap price, but I would recommend the DS remake, Super Star Ultra, over it. It's more expensive, but balances that price out with significantly more content.

In terms of spin-offs, get Tilt n' Tumble, Air Ride, Canvas Curse, Epic Yarn, and Mass Attack. While I'd definitely play some of the mainline games first, all five of these are unique, special, and unlike any other game in the series (well, Canvas Curse got a Wii U sequel, but that's another story). Air Ride you'll need a GCN controller and memory card for, but you should be able to get the others no problem. Epic Yarn is also getting an enhanced 3DS port soon, so I'd wait for that. And if you ever find yourself short on cash, Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is available as a free download for 3DS and it's actually pretty great!

TL;DR version:

Absolute must-play
Kirby's Dream Collection (Wii)

High recommendation
Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)
Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS)
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (GBA)
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (3DS)
Kirby Air Ride (GCN)

Moderate recommendation
Kirby: Squeak Squad (DS)
Kirby Tilt n' Tumble (GBC)
Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS)
Kirby: Mass Attack (DS)
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe (3DS)

Maybe consider
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA)
Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS)

Bump up the last two to "high recommendation" if you can't get Dream Collection for any reason.

After defeating Void Soul earlier, one thing has been on my mind. Which Soul boss do you find to be the easiest or hardest to defeat?

Me, I find Magolor Soul to be among the easiest Soul bosses to defeat, and part of that reason is due to the fact that he's the Extra mode's final boss; you get to face him before taking on The True Arena.

Never faced Void's yet, so idk, will do when I actually have the patience to replay the game.

TG though, he's pretty much 100% the whole thing. Go ask him the same question

MnSG said:
After defeating Void Soul earlier, one thing has been on my mind. Which Soul boss do you find to be the easiest or hardest to defeat?

easiest: marx soul

hardest: void (the true true arena in ksa)

Gamefreak75 said:
easiest: marx soul

hardest: void (the true true arena in ksa)

You are referring to Astral Birth Void, right? I don't think that counts as a Soul boss, but it is stronger than Void Soul. At least Soul Melter EX is optional.

Yaaaay.

Actually I don't have the online and I don't think I will XD

Back