Monopoly Gamer: Mario Kart Edition

You remember that "hit" Monopoly Gamer board game? Well, now it's on wheels!
https://nintendoeverything.com/monopoly-gamer-mario-kart-edition-revealed-out-today/

You may recall that, last year, Hasbro came out with Monopoly Gamer Edition featuring Super Mario. The company has now revealed Monopoly Gamer: Mario Kart Edition, and it’s out today.

In Monopoly Gamer: Mario Kart Edition, a race starts when players pass “Go”. Here players compete for a Grand Prix card. Monopoly Gamer: Mario Kart Edition also features properties from the karting franchise such as Rainbow Road and Bowser’s Castle. Mario Kart items like shells and banana peels can also be used.

Monopoly Gamer: Mario Kart Edition will offer Mario, Princess Peach, Luigi, and Toad as playable characters at launch. A “Power Pack”, slated for this fall, will include Bowser, Rosalina, Shy Guy, Metal Mario, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi as playable characters.

You can purchase Monopoly Gamer: Mario Kart Edition at GameStop starting today for $29.99 (available here, Figure Packs are also here). It’ll also be sold at other retailers this summer.

Dude, this would just be the original monopoly but with Mario characters like they are in Mario Kart. Although, I saw in a magazine that there's a Mario themed monopoly. (Not Mario Kart). And it changes many stuff from the original game.

Bandanna Waddle Dee said:
Dude, this would just be the original monopoly but with Mario characters like they are in Mario Kart. Although, I saw in a magazine that there's a Mario themed monopoly. (Not Mario Kart). And it changes many stuff from the original game.
No, it’s Monopoly GAMER with Mario Kart. Monopoly Gamer is an entirely separate game from Monopoly.

well at least they're being honest here

the other monopoly was called "monopoly: gamer edition", as if the only video games that exist are mario ones

I don't want that.

I want Super Mario "real" Monopoly (we already got [NES] Super Mario Bros. Monopoly), not some Monopoly Gamer bs.
or next version of Nintendo Monopoly.

nah, it's simply garbage.

The cover of the box is trash and so is the quality of the tokens.

awful.

I am amused that Metal Mario is in the cards as an extra character token. I know it's easy to make due to Mario being already there, but I am hoping that there's something else in addition to this.

Thank you for reading.

That box art... why did they put artwork from four different games on there, when from what I can tell the game is mostly Mario Kart 8 themed? You've got Peach from Mario Kart DS, Toad and the Bananas from half of Baby Peach's artwork from Mario Kart Wii, Mario from Mario Kart 7 and Luigi from Mario Kart 8. It's not even like all of those karts appeared in the same game at some point! Also top marks for using a picture of Grumble Volcano for Bone Dry Dunes (Yes, it's even labelled as Bone-Dry Dunes) and the N64 Rainbow Road instead of the Mario Kart 8 one in the Special Cup. Good job, whoever designed the board!

ThatGuy62 said:
Monopoly Gamer: Mario Kart Edition will offer Mario, Princess Peach, Luigi, and Toad as playable characters at launch.
So, will this mean Toad also stole Daisy's spot now?

Meanwhile those who thought that Metal Mario replaced Funky Kong...

were right.

RIP Koopa Troopa and Wario. Someone will see that you are not here. Someday.

replace has become such a stupid word in this context.

it has been used so much to say some bullshhh.

It was exactly a joke at that concept, since Mario Kart games aren't really deliberately designed to have an OP character that everyone should choose. And quite honestly, Funky Kong has been only in one Mario Kart game, even though it's the best selling home console Mario Kart so far.

Winged Yoshi said:
I don't want that.

I want Super Mario "real" Monopoly (we already got [NES] Super Mario Bros. Monopoly), not some Monopoly Gamer bs.
I'm kinda surprised "normal" Super Mario Monopoly doesn't exist.
It's not even that high of a bar.

LeftyGreenMario said:
ThatGuy62 said:
Monopoly Gamer: Mario Kart Edition will offer Mario, Princess Peach, Luigi, and Toad as playable characters at launch.
So, will this mean Toad also stole Daisy's spot now?

no, it's clearly misogyny

at least the Gamer one had some cards that included cool art?

idk why Hasbro is doing these thematic monopoly games anymore.

Easter Yoshi said:
ThatGuy62 said:
Winged Yoshi said:
I don't want that.

I'm kinda surprised "normal" Super Mario Monopoly doesn't exist.
It's not even that high of a bar.
Super Mario Bros. Monopoly
Well that's a thing. I already pointed that out.

I meant the "whole" Super Mario franchise-themed Monopoly.

BBQ Turtle said:
That box art... why did they put artwork from four different games on there, when from what I can tell the game is mostly Mario Kart 8 themed? You've got Peach from Mario Kart DS, Toad and the Bananas from half of Baby Peach's artwork from Mario Kart Wii, Mario from Mario Kart 7 and Luigi from Mario Kart 8. It's not even like all of those karts appeared in the same game at some point! Also top marks for using a picture of Grumble Volcano for Bone Dry Dunes (Yes, it's even labelled as Bone-Dry Dunes) and the N64 Rainbow Road instead of the Mario Kart 8 one in the Special Cup. Good job, whoever designed the board!
That reminds me, the original Monopoly Gamer used a picture of the interior of Peach’s Castle for the Bowser’s Castle space.

Easter Yoshi said:
That reminds me, the original Monopoly Gamer used a picture of the interior of Peach’s Castle for the Bowser’s Castle space.
Seriously? Wow, somebody, give these board designers a raise!

How inconsiderate of them to spoil New Super Mario Bros. U.

Back