What is the craziest mario theory you have every heard?

Toads are genderless robots!!!

Another crazy theory I heard once: Bowser is dead, and he's a ghost.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Toads are genderless robots!!!

Well, mushrooms and fungi are genderless, right?

The Great Ape War, but then again I don't know the details of that one to the extent that some other people here do.

I Got No iPhone said:
Luigi and Daisy are together

What's so crazy about this one?

SiFi said:
The Great Ape War, but then again I don't know the details of that one to the extent that some other people here do.

Ah yes, this is one theory that mystifies me the most, because I have no idea what the basis of this theory is or why one would come up with it. The only reason I can think of is how controversial the Donkey Kong family tree is, such as whether the modern Donkey Kong is the current DK Jr. or DK the 3rd.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
I Got No iPhone said:
Luigi and Daisy are together

What's so crazy about this one?
It's taken as undisputed official fact despite being mostly fanon. In my opinion it's a very uninspired pairing. Even Mario and Peach haven't been confirmed as "together" despite there being something between them. But Luigi and Daisy, well the only thing they have is the SMB movie. Which got all sorts of stuff wrong. Appearing together in a statue is just a mirror of Mario and Peach, because they're the secondary male and female character respectively (making the ship all the more uninspired). Now that Rosalina's boomed in popularity, Daisy's lost that second female character role anyway. And in her debut, Luigi was nowhere to be found and Mario saved her. She has more evidence of being with Mario than Luigi for that reason alone.

I guess it's not "crazy" if I find it uninspired though lol. But it's definitely a common fanon that I don't support.

What are the connections?

I mean they both seemingly can time travel. But is there anything else Imm not aware of?

I remembered one time where it was stated that because Mario is able to use Cappy to "possess" objects, people started the theory that Mario is not a human, but some sort of metaphysical being that inhabited a human that looks like the Mario we see. I used the word "possess" loosely because that was what people called the action until Nintendo had to clarify that the term is "capture" (which made sense to me for not only the action, but for being punny too).

Here's an example: https://twitter.com/CarlMuckenhoupt/status/875078127579389952?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamesradar.com%2Fcan-mario-possess-a-man-and-compel-him-to-die-people-try-to-get-to-grips-with-marios-new-ability-to-capture-everything%2F&tfw_creator=gamesradar&tfw_site=gamesradar

Magikrazy said:
guys what if rosalina is actually link from zelda who got a sex change and went back in time

This sounds like a pretty implausible theory that if you told me that you came up with it on the spot, I would believe you.

Thank you for reading.

1) Any of the "Mario is just dreaming stuff due to the weird mushrooms he eats and all that happens in the games is just a dream"
2) I remember hearing one about Luigi being dead in Luigi's Mansion because he hanged himself in fear of the ghosts in the attic of the mansion and he entered a sort of limbo-state where he has to save Mario from the ghosts to have a second chace at life or he'll be damned to live in the limbo-mansion forever (with the Game Over screen with the sad Luigi simbolyzing that real-world Luigi is dead after he hanged himself and that "spirit-Luigi" is now roaming the halls of the mansion forever)
3) Peach lets herself be kidnapped beacuse she enjoys it due to a weird mental disorder (which is false as she does try to escape in Super Mario 3D Land, meaning that she doesn't like staying captive)
4) Peach lets herself be kidnapped so that Mario can grab coins from his journey and bring them to her, making her much richer while Mario simply gets a cake

I'd say that the first and second ones and the wackiest ones, but the other two aren't that much better...

The second one comes from the infamous glitch that lead people to speculate though. I mean Nintendo pretty much confirmed it was a lighting glitch, so that cancels the whole theory.

Iron Man said:
The second one comes from the infamous glitch that lead people to speculate though. I mean Nintendo pretty much confirmed it was a lighting glitch, so that cancels the whole theory.
I am aware of that, the lighting castse shadows from the camera' perspective so when it moves closer to Luigi during a dialogue with E. Gadd the shadow is casted upwards, making it look like Luigi hanged himself (further emphasized by the weird "stiff" pose he makes when the lightng glitch happens).
I just wanted to point out that some people believed that thsi was a hint that Luigi actually hanges himself in the mansion, couple that with the creepy looking Game Over and you have people saying "the mansion is Luigi's purgatory, Lugi is dead because he hanged himself".

Jumping Spider said:
2) I remember hearing one about Luigi being dead in Luigi's Mansion because he hanged himself in fear of the ghosts in the attic of the mansion and he entered a sort of limbo-state where he has to save Mario from the ghosts to have a second chace at life or he'll be damned to live in the limbo-mansion forever (with the Game Over screen with the sad Luigi simbolyzing that real-world Luigi is dead after he hanged himself and that "spirit-Luigi" is now roaming the halls of the mansion forever)
https://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_rumors_and_urban_legends_about_Mario#Luigi.27s_hanging_shadow

I think this all arose from whacked Chinese whispers.

Back