Animals that are yet to be featured in Mario games?

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
The Mario games has taken inspiration from animals in various forms, whether it's an enemy (Koopa Troopa = tortoises, Monty Mole = moles), friendly (Dolphins = dolphins; Hoot = owl) or just a realistic animal (the dog in Super Mario Odyssey, pigeons). There are more animals that aren't already been made into Mario, and we figure out which other animals are yet to have the Mario treatment. This is inspired by Pokemon, where there are quite a few topics on which animals are yet to be featured in Mario.

Which animals, based on real life or mythical, would you like to see featured in the Mario games in some form?

I will start with the most obvious one: cats. The Mario games has never made a cat into an enemy or a friend, not counting the Cat suits from Super Mario 3D World. I think it's time to introduce cats in Mario games, and it could go either way. They could be enemies that can travel on thin walls that Mario cannot run over, or they could just be friendly similar to the Shiba Inu from Odyssey, where there are a bunch of them in one of the NPC's houses.

Thank you for reading.

We've seen a horse, both realistic (M&S) and cartoon-ish (Mario Sports Superstars).
Also:
Shark = Sushi
Moray Eel = Maw-Ray
Monkey = Ukiki
etc.

I want to see an eagle and a crocodile (appeared in the Donkey Kong series as Kremlimgs, yet to appear in a Mario game).

I'd want anything from the Phorusrhacidae family to be in a Mario game. One can make for a good mount for Mario. It can run fast and bash its head against Goombas as well as kick walls to break them open.

i'd like to see the blobfish

especially in its decompressed form.

Alex95 said:
Platypus?

EDIT: Well, I guess if you count Platypunk...?

In this case, the platypus is a Dragon Quest character since it's designed as an enemy from said series. I would say the platypus is still yet to be featured in a Mario game because there is yet to have a platypus enemy/character that can be reused at will, since Platypunk is only found in crossovers.

Speaking of Australian animals, I would like to see a few of their species in Mario games, such as the Tasmanian Devil, kiwi bird and even echidnas (Knuckles doesn't count due to being part of the Sonic series).

Thank you for reading.

Back