Latest on Super Nintendo World

Does anybody have any updates on Super Nintendo World attractions that is being built at the Universal theme parks. I know construction is in full progress at Universal Japan and should definitely open on schedule which is before the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. Do any of you guys know some of the details of the Super Nintendo Worlds at Universal in Orlando and Hollywood such as when construction is going to start, what will be it's opening day, and where at the Universal parks where Super Nintendo World is going to be located at. I can't wait until it opens because that Mario Kart ride looks kick ass awesome along with some of other Mario themed attractions that is going to be there based on the concept art that I saw. I definitely plan on going to Universal Orlando to see Super Nintendo World.

I haven't heard anything recently, I've seen various bits of concept art, namely a few for the Mario Kart ride, some potential park layouts, a Donkey Kong area and the patent images for the Donkey Kong Minecart roller coaster (That looks awesome), and the video they released a while back but nothing else since. I heard a rumour that they'd closed down some of the attractions at one of the parks to start making way for Super Nintendo World, but nothing else since, sorry.

I'd like to see other Nintendo series like Zelda or Kirby. Right now, it only looks Mario"ish".

nintendo-theme-park-orlando-zelda-6.jpg

looks like besides mario, there will be dedicated areas for donkey kong and zelda, along with a kirby themed play area

Oh my, the Zelda and DK areas are going to be awesome as well, hope there will be a StarFox area too because that would be awesome too.

I'll be honest, when I saw at the trailer I thought all the time at @Wicked Clown-nak and his fear of NSMBification of the Mario franchise.

Here it's literally "you're in the Mario world but FOOLED YOU! It's not the one of Super Mario Odyssey, it's the one of NSMB!"

Well, at least Toadette and the Mario Kart segment give a small glimpse of hope... maybe

Looks more like the one from 3D land to me.

I'll be honest, when I saw at the trailer I thought all the time at @Wicked Clown-nak and his fear of NSMBification of the Mario franchise.

Here it's literally "you're in the Mario world but FOOLED YOU! It's not the one of Super Mario Odyssey, it's the one of NSMB!"

Well, at least Toadette and the Mario Kart segment give a small glimpse of hope... maybe
It does look better than game's design tho

Idc if its for kids TwT I'm going

Not the japan one obvious, but when it comes to US. (it will, right?)

Mister Wu said:
"you're in the Mario world but FOOLED YOU! It's not the one of Super Mario Odyssey, it's the one of NSMB!"
I don't see the problem with a RL theme park going with the traditionally most recognizable Mario world.

Looks more like the one from 3D land to me.
This is not a coincidence, as 3D Land in itself wanted to bring an experience similar to that of the 2D games, still the apparent lack of tanuki tails and Biddybuds seems to tell me it's not exactly 3D Land.

I don't see the problem with a RL theme park going with the traditionally most recognizable Mario world.
It's a joke, actually - we should rather say that the NSMB games look like that because they follow this style that has become the most recognizable style of the Mario universe. Also, the Mario Kart segment is not a coincidence either - in Italy for example last Easter and Christmas we had more Mario Kart themed toys than purely Mario toys.

*Bump*
Just thought it might be worth updating this thread, as quite a lot's going on with this at the moment (Plus last night I found some pictures that I hadn't seen of it before- they're almost two months old but I spotted a bunch of characters I hadn't spotted yet).

It looks like the area is almost finished now (talking about the Japan one), there's a lot of footage of most the characters and animatronics in motion, with various different effects to go with it (We've been able to get a look at the land at night with the various lighting effects and there's also little things like the Thwomp's dust clouds). The Yoshi's Adventure ride has also been seen in motion for testing. Another thing of note is all of the characters that have been included in the land- there's a lot of characters that you'd expect, like Yoshis, Goombas, Koopa Troopas, etc., but there are a couple of other ones that I think are a bit more unexpected- one of the new characters I spotted in that picture was Captain Toad (top right by the Yoshi ride), but there are some other more unusual picks, such as having both variants of Thwomp present. My favourite at the moment is probably the wobbly Goomba tower though. Those pictures I'm talking about are here:
You might also notice the jungle mural going off to the right hand side along the Mario Kart ride show building. Well, it looks like they are going ahead with the Donkey Kong expansion, as that mural resembles levels like Busted Bayou, and the construction going on in front of it apparently looks like roller coaster footings, which would be for the Mine Cart Madness ride. Hopefully that means they worked out the kinks with the ride system, it'd be really cool to see that in action, but there's no official word on it yet.
This one's got some stuff about the Donkey Kong expansion and a few other bits:
This is just about 20 minutes of the land in motion both during the day and at night, surprisingly interesting to watch despite the simplicity.

There's not much exciting stuff going on with the other versions of the land at the moment that I'm aware of. Construction is continuing in the Hollywood version, with most of the structural steel in place so the shape of the land is fairly well defined, but there's not much more to get from that than the shape of the main mountain and some pyramids. I think the walls are also starting to go up on the Mario Kart show building. And as for the other two, I don't think much has been said for Singapore other than "it's coming", and I think Orlando's version has been delayed along with the rest of Epic Universe. Still, it's exciting watching the progress on the Japanese one.

correct me if im wrong, but concerning things that are already finished, didnt a mario cafe open at universal japan, where the park is gonna be?

Hope they take their sweet time with construction, because even if the thing is finished, COVID means that no one can or should attend.

Still can't wait for this to pop up in Universal California though, that one I can actually visit it any time.

it can't just be japan, it'll probably be in other countries as well, it'll probably take....years, but the wait will probably be worth it

So, in case anyone hasn't noticed, a bit more stuff has recently been announced/revealed- mainly some looks inside Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge, but there's a couple of shots and videos of the land itself too. Here's a couple of videos and a Tweet I saw about it:
(It claims it has English subtitles but the translations seem a little clumsy.)

Someone posted footage of the Yoshi Ride in the Super Nintendo World, but it quickly got put to private. However, it was loaded in my browser just before that, so I'm able to capture the footage and reupload in my drive.

Back