Describe how your dream reveal trailer would go

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
So, in Smash 4, every new character(And Sonic and the DLC veterans) had a fancy trailer, what would you have a trailer for your dream character be?

Wario is on his Wariobike with a giant bag of money, speeding really fast to escape a silhouetted foe, the foe catches up with him and slashes his tires with an axe, he crashes into the ground and the figure appears out of the shadow: "Time to collect the fare!"
ANNA IS SUMMONED

Re: Describe how your dream reveal trailer

regular tennis match

ball is suddenly hit at full force

hITS SOMEONE IN THE HEAD

CAMERA PAN

WALUIGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

5983a51e2f93f.jpg

I'll let the picture speak for itself.

lucina/robin was my dream trailer

shiiiiiiiiing fwooooooooooosh

Meta Knight and Link are in the middle of a fight. Meta gains the upper hand and defeats Link.

"Come back when you can put up a fight." Meta begins to walk away when it's revealed there's an armor-clad figure standing in front of him. The figure brandishes his weapon and it's.... a shovel?

SHOVEL KNIGHT DIGS IN
*strike the earth starts playing*

The 2 knights battle each other and it's interspersed with gameplay footage of his various abilities.

Sonic has found himself in trouble, tag-teamed by 2 or more Nintendo characters

Sonic says "I could really use some help out here..."

As a hurt Sonic looks toward his foes, the distant sounds of an incoming plane could be heard. Sonic looks up toward where the sound is coming from and smirks knowing who exactly it is.

A figure jumps down from the plane and lands next to Sonic, and an instrumental of Believe in Myself plays. Tails Spins Into Action!

Sonic remarks a snarky "What took ya so long, buddy?". Tails rolls his eyes but smiles and replies "We can talk about that later, let's just beat these guys!". Sonic complies with a "Alright Tails, show them who's the real star fox around here!"

Followed by the usual showing of the newcomer's skills

Bonus points if the characters teaming up against Sonic are Mario, Luigi, and/or Fox.

Cutscene of Samus is in the middle of a battle against several opponents. The battle takes its toll on Samus, progressing longer than she expected. As she dodges an attack, someone hits her hard from behind. She's flung across the stage (or off the stage maybe).

"...mus... spond..." Samus hears half-consciously. Samus's vision is blurred as she looks up at a figure. "Fine, I'll step in." Camera pans to in front of Samus and a boot comes down. Zooming in to just a mouth, the figure's head turns toward Samus and says "Any objections, lady?" Camera zooms out showing Adam Malkovich cocking his gun. Adam Drops In!

Trailer then proceeds to show his abilities as usual, with Samus joining in as well.

Bonus points if Samus's armor shatters, showing a new mechanic of some kind. Just one of a few trailers I have in mind. I know not everyone likes Adam given the Other M cred, but personally, this would be cool to see.

The trailer starts off with Link as he makes his way through a dungeon. As he progresses new enemies start to appear, ones that Link has never seen before. He eventually finds a chest. He opens it found out whats inside, and pulls out a Slingshot?

From the side a YoYo hits Link, knocking him over. Then a hand reaches down to grab the Slingshot. The camera pans up revealing Mike from Startropics as a new playable character.

Normal gameplay footage showing Mike’s skills is then shown.

Posted this in a GameFAQs thread. It's completely unrealistic, especially since it's a double reveal trailer, but here goes.

The scene opens on a heated brawl between a team of Mario and Luigi, and Bowser. Depending on when this hits, it would be confirmation of Luigi and Bowser as playable, even if that's obvious. Anyway, Mario is about to deliver the finishing blow to Bowser, but something hits him from offscreen, stunning him. Bowser laughs (with his normal Kenny James voice, not his feral Smash one) and easily KO's Mario. Luigi immediately runs at Bowser from behind, only to be swiped aside as the Koopa King turns around. Bowser begins charging up fire breath at Luigi, but is hit by another blast from offscreen. Luigi looks to the source of the blast and sees a cloaked figure. The figure lets out a high-pitched laugh and throws off his cloak.

Fawful has fury!

Fawful proceeds to showcase a moveset that heavily uses his Headgear and ray gun. Luigi leaps into action, grabbing a Bob-omb and hurling it towards Fawful, who retaliates by inhaling the Bob-omb with his headgear and firing it back at Luigi, stunning him, then quickly fires another blast. Luigi, unable to move out of the way in time, calls out for Mario instead. Bracing for the worst, he is saved by a hammer knocking the blast back towards Fawful. Looking to the side, Luigi says... "M-Mario?"

The figure next to him simply nods and steps into the light, hammer in hand, followed by several others including a Koopa Troopa, Bob-Omb and Shadow Siren.

Paper Mario takes the stage!

Paper Mario's moveset is then showcased, including partners that appear for some moves, such as Koops for a ranged shell attack, Vivian for evasion, and Bobbery for explosive blasts. Followed by a showcase of custom moves that can swap them out for Paper Mario 64 partners or in some cases, Super Paper Mario Pixls, for variations of the abilities. Fawful also has custom moves shown, including different versions of his headgear that can prioritize power at the cost of speed, or vice versa. Smash Bros. logo is shown.

*smash logo*

A lone figure stealthily sneaks around a corridor. The hallway is dark, red lights and alarms are going off. The figure looks around. Camera pans up to his face.

SOLID SNAKE SNEAKS INTO BATTLE

Snake enters through a doorway. More lights and alarms. There are several containment tanks (think Bacta tanks from Star Wars). The tank on the far right of the room has been shattered. Bits of broken glass and a strange green liquid cove the floor. Snake looks around confused when a massive blast of dark purple energy slams him through the wall back into the hallway. A mysterious figure appears in the hole, staring down at Snake.

MEWTWO STRIKES BACK

The two battle it out down the hallway, leading to a big open room. Mewtwo charges up a Shadow Ball but Snake dodges it. The two stare each other down, when they hear a haunting screech. They two stop their battle and look upwards. A massive shadow looms above and then swoops down between them.

RIDLEY IS PRIMED FOR BATTLE

Ridley roars and gameplay begins.

Bowser gameplay with sakurai talking over it.

Oh wait that actually happened last time.

T-posed models of Shrek and Goku on a black background collide with each other, resulting in a nuclear explosion. Sakurai then announces the game is cancelled.

FUCK IT, I MADE UP MY MIND.

Everyone is fighting on Final Destination. Wario rides his moterbike across the stage, and hits something. It goes dark. There's spotlights. A familiar tune plays.

Everyone is knocked off-stage through dance moves.

Jimmy T. joins the Cat-Tastrophy!

Regular game footage shows.

One of the characters picks up an Assist Trophy, and out comes Waluigi. Waluigi then does his thing and beats everyone up with the tennis racket.

He then turns and attacks the character who summoned him. Titlecard flashes up "You bet your ass Waluigi's playable in this game" (or something to that effect, I'm easy). Then the general gameplay shots and all that jazz.

We see that rocky battlefield we saw in the Smash 4 reveal trailers. Everyone is fighting. Suddenly, a giant green laser blast hits one of the fighters. Everyone stands still as they look over to see a figure standing far away. We quickly zoom in to see that it is Bren Mcguire!

Bren Mcguire
Rolls into action!

"The Final Fight" from Turrican 2 starts playing as Bren activates his Gyrosphere mode and ROLLS through the crowd! He jumps back out and we see a slow-mo shot of him pulling a lever on his weapon to switch it to "Multiple Shot". He starts firing at the fighters attacking him. He enters Gyrosphere mode again as soon as he hits the ground. Sonic runs aside him and attempts to knock him over before getting blown up by a mine. Mega Man uses his Cut power to throw a projectile at Bren. Bren ducks and responds with a couple laser blasts. Cue in-game footage interspersed with more CGI footage.

So I got a few here...

Kirby, Mario, and Link are fighting Marx Soul (or whatever boss could appear in the game). Marx manages to KO Mario and Link, and just as he is about to send Kirby flying, a warp star blocks the attack rapidly.

Kirby stares at where it crashed, only for a spear to come speeding at him. Turns out it was spinning like a helicopter's rotor blade. The guy spinning it is unseen, until he plunges down, his spear pointing the ground, and the screen zooms in to detail the character.

Bandana Dee takes off!

Anyone come up with a better phrase?

Anyway, NEXT!

Red, the Pokemon Trainer, is seen walking, followed by his Charizard, Squirtle and Ivyzaur in spear pillar. Pikachu spots him from on top of a pillar and runs off to warn his friends. Red looks worried. Then, in front of him, Mewtwo lands, looking all threatening. He is then joined by Lucario and Greninja, who both strike an intimidating combat pose, accompanied by Pikachu.

Red almost loses hope, but his Charizard tears through the wild Pokemon. But he is knocked back by somehing else. Red quickly returns him to his Pokeball, and them, he sees who actually caused his Charizard to retreat...

Eevee gets'em all!

But unfortunately he's already been deconfirmed and appears as a Pokeball Pokemon. His Final Smash could've been randomized, seeing how he has multiple evolution possibilities.

But, I still have some, don't worry!

Link walks through the Lost Woods, as he tries to find his way. A shadow is seen on a tree, spying on him. Link eventually finds his way and arrives at Korok Forest from BotW. Just as he grabs the Master Sword, the shadow lands from up high behind him, as the camera zooms in on the character to reveal that it is...

Impa meets the eye!

Eye... because of the Sheikah symbol... I have officially run out of phrases... but I still have two last ones nonetheless.

Luigi and Toad are in a secret room of Peach's Castle. Luigi accidentally drops a book, a book that looks oh so mysterious, yet so attractive. They question wether to open or not, but the desire is so tempting Luigi doesn't resist and rapidly opens it, revealing our next character...

Paper Mario breaks the wall!

And finally, there's one last one which I had a hard time figuring out... and not, it's not Waluigi.

Someplace is shown at nighttime. Since it's dark, you can't see what place this quite is. The camera suddenly shows the inside of a house, focusing mainly on the fireplace. It zooms out a little to reveal a table on which is seen a letter which the Smash emblem on it. Villager's hand holds it, and opens it again, as it is the same one that was sent to him in Smash 4, but notices it came with another invitation. He gasps, lets go of the letter, and goes to bed. From outside, a silhouette breaks in, having seen the whole thing, and slowly grabs the letter and runs away with it. Once the camera starts showing this character's house from the outside, with the window being the only source of light, we can see the silhouette of the same character celebrating. They then come out to reveal themselves, being...

Isabelle assists only herself!

Probably would be a reference to both the secretary thing and the fact that she was an assist trophy in Smash 4.

Well, that does it I guess, best ones I can think of.

Master of Dimensions said:
Posted this in a GameFAQs thread. It's completely unrealistic, especially since it's a double reveal trailer, but here goes.

The scene opens on a heated brawl between a team of Mario and Luigi, and Bowser. Depending on when this hits, it would be confirmation of Luigi and Bowser as playable, even if that's obvious. Anyway, Mario is about to deliver the finishing blow to Bowser, but something hits him from offscreen, stunning him. Bowser laughs (with his normal Kenny James voice, not his feral Smash one) and easily KO's Mario. Luigi immediately runs at Bowser from behind, only to be swiped aside as the Koopa King turns around. Bowser begins charging up fire breath at Luigi, but is hit by another blast from offscreen. Luigi looks to the source of the blast and sees a cloaked figure. The figure lets out a high-pitched laugh and throws off his cloak.

Fawful has fury!

Fawful proceeds to showcase a moveset that heavily uses his Headgear and ray gun. Luigi leaps into action, grabbing a Bob-omb and hurling it towards Fawful, who retaliates by inhaling the Bob-omb with his headgear and firing it back at Luigi, stunning him, then quickly fires another blast. Luigi, unable to move out of the way in time, calls out for Mario instead. Bracing for the worst, he is saved by a hammer knocking the blast back towards Fawful. Looking to the side, Luigi says... "M-Mario?"

The figure next to him simply nods and steps into the light, hammer in hand, followed by several others including a Koopa Troopa, Bob-Omb and Shadow Siren.

Paper Mario takes the stage!

Paper Mario's moveset is then showcased, including partners that appear for some moves, such as Koops for a ranged shell attack, Vivian for evasion, and Bobbery for explosive blasts. Followed by a showcase of custom moves that can swap them out for Paper Mario 64 partners or in some cases, Super Paper Mario Pixls, for variations of the abilities. Fawful also has custom moves shown, including different versions of his headgear that can prioritize power at the cost of speed, or vice versa. Smash Bros. logo is shown.

OH MY YES.

My own is simple though. Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Daisy (newly revealed) are fighting and losing against Bowser and the Koopalings. A giant mushroom lands on some of the Koopalings, and the door opens to the ship to unveil...

CAPTAIN TOAD COWERS IN THE CORNER!

Here are my dream trailers:

-Luigi, Meta Knight and Link are fighting in some Super Mario 3D World battlefield. Suddenly, the StarShroom crashes in front of them. Captain Toad comes out of it and his splashscreen appears. He then throws his backpack away and jumps (for the first time).

Captain Toad
Joins the Crew!

-Mario is challenging Luigi in a Mario Tennis match. Mario beats Luigi. Mario's next opponent turns out to be WAAAAAluigi! (splashscreen). Waluigi beats the *bleep* out of Mario by smashing him with a ball.

Waluigi
Smashes his way to the Fight!

-Marth and Kirby are fighting in the Dreamland stage, but during their fight, a spear lands in front of them. They look where the spear came from, and the guy who threw it is BANDANA DEE!!!!(splashscreen) He then defeats Marth and Kirby.

Bandana Dee
Pierces to Battle!

-Sonic is seen running in Green Hill Zone. Suddenly, Pacman shows up and makes him fall in a pit (not bottomless). Sonic is some sort of "Da heck, Man???" Another platform breaks and a random character comes flying. He then spindashes into Sonic and Pacman. It turned out to be TAAAAILS!!!(splashscreen).

Tails
Flies to The Fight!

-DK is hanging out with Diddy. During their walk, they see beaten up animals. Diddy gets scared. DK didn't really care. He just grabbed a banana and when he was about to bite it, a shadow runs into him and steals the banana. DK gets mad. He runs with rage, but the shadow threw the peel of the banana it stole. DK slipped and fell on Diddy. FUNKY KONG reveals himself. (splashscreen).

Funky Kong
Swings to Action!

Two characters are in the middle of a battle somewhere outside, then the fight stops as a text box appears that says “What a horrible night to have a curse.” It goes dark, creatures start approaching them, then they hear a whip crack, then the whip kills every creature in sight. Then approaching the two fighters out of the fog...

SIMON BELMONT WHIPS IN!!!

Back