Bowser had a cape?

Would you like to see Bowser with a cape by the way?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
today I looked at a SMB3 artwork today, and I found something really weird:

Main_cast_scene_SMB3.jpg

It looks like Bowser has a cape. And even a strange eye necklace thing too! There's also the Black eyebrows but they're not as interesting.

Still, it makes him look more badass. Is there any other artwork with this Bowser design?

Also, do you guys like the cape or not?

I don't think capes mesh with Bowser all that well, especially with all of those spikes in the back that'll just poke holes through it.

I also think Bowser doesn't look that good in a cape. Capes usually convey grace through its flowing nature. Villains can wear capes to make them more mysterious or threatening, but those also generally give some grace too. Bowser doesn't need this, so I think a cape adds little to his design, but the cape doesn't even fit that well on him.

I feel like Bowser's shell more of less serves the purpose of an article of clothing or what have you that makes their back look more appealing.

speaking of bowser with capes

in the smb3 episode "never koop a koopa"

near the end bowser is wearing a red cape

it makes him look like king k rool

Sgt Nate V said:

King Koopa in those old shows is basically proto King K.Rool. Constantly changes aliases, emphasis on the letter K and all that junk.

Mcmadness said:
Sgt Nate V said:

King Koopa in those old shows is basically proto King K.Rool. Constantly changes aliases, emphasis on the letter K and all that junk.

He looks like K. Rool too. He has the Green skin and all... Maybe he's his father??

I'd say it's just a coincidence.

I heard there was a yellow colored plumber in an episode that looked like Wario too.

Also, do you guys like the eye necklace? I think it looks better than the cape itself.

I have no doubt it's a coincidence since King Koopa is lame and King K.Rool isn't.

Mcmadness said:
I have no doubt it's a coincidence since King Koopa is lame and King K.Rool isn't.

Well, King Koopa had far more dialogue and character development in his episodes than K. Rool ever had.

But K. Rool just looks cooler (and kremlings are a great counterpart to Kongs too!).

Yes, Bowser had a cape in artwork of SMB3, along with yellow hair and black eyebrows like in the original SMB, plus blue eyes:
CapeBowserSMB3.png

This of course was also seen in the Amada Anime Series, which was based on SMB3 (although they rather featured the modern red hair and eyebrows, seen in other artwork for SMB3):
Amadaseries.jpg

AnimeLuigiTwo.jpg

I would like to see Bowser going around with a cape, to be honest. It would make for pretty badass introductions, IMO.

I don't really think Bowser looks very good with a cape, it kind of hides his shell and he doesn't look right when you can't see it. I prefer his wedding outfit.

Swiftie_Luma said:
thats probably why it was ditched, because of his spiky shell.

You know, I don't think that's a big issue because in SMG he can actually retract his spikes.

I guess he can take the cape off when he starts attacking. Capes can be just for dialogue moments.

In other words, I don’t mind, but I don’t want them to redesign him to have a cape in every subsequent Mario game.

I think one thing that makes it unbelieveable is that Bowser never wore a cape in the games, and note that box art is excluded because well, it's not technically in the games. It looks better on King K. Rool, anyway.

Thank you for reading.

Back