Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

There is a reason why non video game characters don't get in beyond not fitting the theme.
Licensing, basically why you won't see any non OG Super Robot Wars games and why Tatsunko vs. Capcom barley made it to the west, while third party deals can be a pain in the butt, the company who made that games owns the rights, not so much with other stuff, let's say Nintendo wanted to put Goku in the game somehow, who do they go to? Toei, who makes the anime? Shouen Jump, who makes the manga? Namco, who makes the games? Funimation, who does the dub, or Fox who has the right to the movies who just got bought out by Disney, it's a mess.
I would be fine with Mii Fighters getting costumes based on non game stuff but otherwise, I don't see it happening.

Mewta said:
There is a reason why non video game characters don't get in beyond not fitting the theme.
Licensing, basically why you won't see any non OG Super Robot Wars games and why Tatsunko vs. Capcom barley made it to the west, while third party deals can be a pain in the butt, the company who made that games owns the rights, not so much with other stuff, let's say Nintendo wanted to put Goku in the game somehow, who do they go to? Toei, who makes the anime? Shouen Jump, who makes the manga? Namco, who makes the games? Funimation, who does the dub, or Fox who has the right to the movies who just got bought out by Disney, it's a mess.
I would be fine with Mii Fighters getting costumes based on non game stuff but otherwise, I don't see it happening.
I’m just making a Shrek joke. Because the memes will never be ogre.

The more explosions the Bay-ter.

I'll just mention there's a spoiler likely for the next direct out there, a slip-up on someones part gives away a character that's probably going to be revealed.

So stay away from stuff until then if that's your thing.

Yep, my friend mentioned there's a leak floating out there in the wild. Going on internet blackout until the Direct. See you guys then!

wWPSEyg.png

I'm so happy for his fans. Both Ridley and K. Rool are in now, not a thing I'd expect to happen in the same game but niiice!

i can't believe luigi is fucking dead

there's belmonts and some echoes and chrom has been chromfirmed

gonna pour one out for zero and shovel knight, they were my other 2 most wanted characters and i was kinda bummed about that

but then the screen started to shake and it showed a villains montage

then it cut to dk and diddy and i just knew

and he was there. and that remix is god-tier.

Weasel said:
With the the graphical overhaul that the Melee stages are getting, I need Brinstar Depths. Poor Kraid hasn't been seen since Zero Mission.

WE GOT 'EM

So glad Chrom and Dark Samus are in, they're the two characters I was expecting/hoping to appear as Echo Fighters!

I'm fine, really. I just sorta expected it, ya know?

In other news, that blurred out dark green button was the same color as the Smash Run select button...

The King has returned.

While I am indeed pleased by Rool's entry, what fans have been concerned is his absence in the two DKC Return games so far. If Nintendo recognize his status as a big boss, hope that he can return in the next DKC title or maybe a new entry to Mario Kart 9 as well.

Oh I do feel abit sad it's not Dixie, anyway.

Dorayaki said:
While I am indeed pleased by Rool's entry, what fans have been concerned is his absence in the two DKC Return games so far. If Nintendo recognize his status as a big boss, hope that he can return in the next DKC title or maybe a new entry to Mario Kart 9 as well.

Oh I do feel abit sad it's not Dixie, anyway.

I was silently hoping that it was both, and that DK and Diddy would look and see Dixie beckoning them to help her fight K. Rool.

Interesting bit of triva: Castlevania is the first third party franchise to have more than one character and the first franchise since Melee with Fire Emblem to have more than one character from the series debut in the same game as the series itself.

Back