Should I get SMG1 after completing SMG2 100%?

Well, should I?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No way!

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

YoshiFlutterJump

Power Star
MarioWiki
YoshiFlutterJump
A while back I collected all 242 Power Stars on Super Mario Galaxy 2. I’m still collecting Luigi ghosts, but before long there’ll be nothing left to do on the game. So for quite some time I’ve been considering getting Super Mario Galaxy 1. On the one hand, I think Galaxy 1 would be a great game, possibly better than Galaxy 2; not to mention I’d FINALLY get Rosalina on Mario Kart Wii! On the other hand, maybe I should focus on completing newer games like Odyssey and Mario + Rabbids. So should I get SMG1, or have I gotten the whole package with SMG2?

Re: Should I get SMG1 after completing SMG2 100%

SMG1 is the better game anyways, so yes.

Re: Should I get SMG1 after completing SMG2 100%

Definitely yes.

Galaxy 1 and 2 are completely different games. Even though they use the same mechanics. As such, playing and beating and 100% one of them doesn't translate to the other. It is like comparing two different apples.

Galaxy feels way different than its successor.

You have wider hub-world to explore, the levels have more missions, and there are less galaxies so that makes them bigger than the ones in Galaxy 2 because you're gonna end up getting 120 power stars anyway, some of them even feel like playing an open world game (sort of?) and the final cutscene is gorgeous.

Get the game. It's for me the only one that competes, even slightly surpasses Odyssey for nostalgic reasons.

yeah, go for it

both games are some of the best mario has to offer, but whereas smg2 has the better level design of the two (and yoshi), smg1 has a better story (and a more interesting hubworld). id highly recommend playing both and seeing which one you like more

if you want to keep playing the same game, yes

Back