Mario Kart Tour

FTG would be livid.

reminder that another halloween will pass by and nintendo spared us and just gave us shitty mario and peach alts (tbf mario's pumpkin head costume existed a long time before this game) instead of punishing us with rare-end e gadd

Last edited:
Well there's Dr. Mario and his 8 bit form. That's, what, one alt? Of Dr. Mario.

and there's Fire Mario.

Strangely, Mario's missing from Dr. Mario World.

in all seriousness the only reason i'd like the mario alts is that there are assets made and the models can be extracted. otherwise if nintendo is trying to endear to me, it's not working. i hope i speak for the mario fans.

It's simply not worth playing on Sunset Wilds with shitty Mario Kart Tour controls. It simply isn't worth it. I love Sunset Wilds but I really want to play it on an actual Mario Kart title.

We're getting another freaking Peach alt for Sunset Tour, right?
Peach (Explorer)?

Hope Nabbit will return in the next tour's special pipe (and maybe alongside King Bob-omb).

I hope your shoe's delicious because in order to maintain the live service for Mario Kart Tour, they're going to be pumping out more alts and they'll definitely get Peach along the way.

Mario still has more alts though, at 15 alts (including the retro Mario, Ice Mario, Gold Mario, Baby Mario, and Metal Mario). Peach has 9, (including Baby Peach, Cupid Baby Peach, Pink Gold Peach). It's surprising that Baby Mario doesn't even have any alts.

In terms of costumes, Luigi's criminally neglected. Wario has two actual costumes, Luigi has just Penguin Luigi. Daisy and Rosalina, who have 3, have more than Luigi. Yoshi has the benefit of recolors, but in terms of costumes, he's also stuck at 2. Bowser has exactly zero unless you count Dry Bowser. Bowser and his distended jaw probably pissed off someone at the promotional department, huh.

540px-MKT_Bowser_artwork.png

Donkey Kong doesn't even have alts unless you think Funky Kong or Donkey Kong Jr. counts or something.

Koopa has a decent alt. It got a backward hat I guess! But wouldn't it be nice if it got some alts from some Mario Party games?

DFS-MP7-KungFuKoopa.png

This one can be used for Chinese New Year or something.

And why not Koopa in feminine attire?
DFS-MP7-KoopaShepherdess.png

There's also Holly Koopa, but she looks like just a Red Koopa with a sunhat.

Koopa has a decent alt. It got a backward hat I guess! But wouldn't it be nice if it got some alts from some Mario Party games?

DFS-MP7-KungFuKoopa.png

This one can be used for Chinese New Year or something.

And why not Koopa in feminine attire?
DFS-MP7-KoopaShepherdess.png

There's also Holly Koopa, but she looks like just a Red Koopa with a sunhat.
I wouldnt be suprised if the first one you mentioned got in for a Chinese New Year tour.

Honestly, I'd be surprised as with any specific content from Mario Party 7 getting into a game these days.

Brighton and Twila would be my picks. I'd be ecstatic if they returned, even as a 16x16 pixel cameo. MC Ballyhoo's not a bad choice either. Just imagine him going "HAR HAR HAR" and "HELLO!" and "SEE YA!" every time he does a stunt.

Brighton and Twila would be my picks. I'd be ecstatic if they returned, even as a 16x16 pixel cameo. MC Ballyhoo's not a bad choice either. Just imagine him going "HAR HAR HAR" and "HELLO!" and "SEE YA!" every time he does a stunt.
I'm shocked that Brighton and Twila don't have a spirit in Smash.

neither of the baby bros have alts and it deeply hurts

My gosh, they remastered the theme with trumpets, kept the sun setting at the beginning of the final lap and made the last part of the track non-flat. An inbetween with Mario Kart 8's efforts that more affected the track layout but sometimes removed a few key parts (looking at you, Mousers and Moon-like setting of Cheese Land), but at least the people missing Mario Kart: Super Circuit will get a glimpse of how amazing was Sunset Wilds.
Not exactly the original experience but we didn't get that either, with the Native American Shy Guys being censored in the West already back then.

That's really good. The idea that the track's day progresses after each lap progresses is a neat touch also used in Lakeside Park (though on the second lap not on the third final lap), which is one of the reasons I wanted Sunset Wilds back. I just like the theme of the track, too. It's unfortunate regarding the Shy Guys and it's the right call to turn them to more generic miners (though turning them to cowboys probably would've been preferable as there's a more immediate wild west imagery, but prospectors are a wild west component, yeah; horses would've been perfect). Still, the original one's probably superior because those dash panels are just so fun and make it more difficult to avoid those tents.

Back