Mario Kart Tour

I'm extremely disappointed that FLUDD does not show up in any of Mario's trick animations.

I know, they hid a scarf in Tanooki Mario in Mario Kart 8 just for statue transformation, they can tuck a tiny FLUDD inside.

The scarf itself is really tiny and rigged under a bone "mantle".

75PovKv.png

You have to embiggen the image to really see it but in the top right section showing the wireframe, you can see a mesh (looks like a glob of white). In the bottom left, it's a side view of the mesh.

and when you scale this mantle_2 bone....
tXyPZ2t.png

The scarf itself is really tiny and rigged under a bone "mantle".

75PovKv.png

You have to embiggen the image to really see it but in the top right section showing the wireframe, you can see a mesh (looks like a glob of white). In the bottom left, it's a side view of the mesh.

and when you scale this mantle_2 bone....
tXyPZ2t.png
ok

Besides the obvious return of LM King Boo and Witch Rosalina, I am once again guessing E. Gadd and Gooigi, maybe Mario's zombie or skeleton costumes from SMO
Would love Vampire or Zombie Wario or Ashley, but once again, no Wario characters in Mario spinoffs for some reason
Also, Poulterpup would be a hilarious possible additon
tumblr_lnoi17G1qX1qjj2ado1_1280.png

Besides the obvious return of LM King Boo and Witch Rosalina, I am once again guessing E. Gadd and Gooigi, maybe Mario's zombie or skeleton costumes from SMO
Would love Vampire or Zombie Wario or Ashley, but once again, no Wario characters in Mario spinoffs for some reason
Also, Poulterpup would be a hilarious possible additon
tumblr_lnoi17G1qX1qjj2ado1_1280.png
ok mec

EivTAzsWkAA0fTu

Next tour is the anniversary tour, in a cool world, they would give us free summons every day of it like Dragalia is giving free ten fold for a whole month , but DeNa is nothing like Cygames unfortunately
I am going to take a guess and it brings back all the Tour exclusive characters and the new real world tracks, also, another Mario

The artwork is based on Super Mario Kart

SMK_Mario_Flag_Artwork.png

I noticed that there are a few past spotlight drivers and city tracks in the background, maybe those can be expected, also lol at Egypt being mostly cut out of this picture...

Little aside: DeNA aren't the main developers and as such their involvement is not as substantial (mainly infrastructural, such as how the FAQs, support and feedback utilities are organized), otherwise they would have appeared in the splash screen like in Pokémon Masters. It's mainly developed by Nintendo, with the usual help of Bandai Namco. After all, the producer and the three main directors are all from Nintendo.

The artwork is based on Super Mario Kart

SMK_Mario_Flag_Artwork.png
I found out too, when I noticed that similarity of the pose. Holding the flag with his right hand and all.

Little aside: DeNA aren't the main developers and as such their involvement is not as substantial (mainly infrastructural, such as how the FAQs, support and feedback utilities are organized), otherwise they would have appeared in the splash screen like in Pokémon Masters. It's mainly developed by Nintendo, with the usual help of Bandai Namco. After all, the producer and the three main directors are all from Nintendo.
I think of it the same way with Fire Emblem Heroes (mainly Nintendo and Intelligent Systems) and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (mainly Nintendo and NDcube). I think they do the service infrastructure.

The meme has been broken

EE16432A-DCA1-47A5-A7CE-5597E6B6BCC5.png

Diddy Kong is now available for free in the event shop, whose currency can't be bought with real money.

if you have a shelter, go there, the sky is going to fall on us. And if you don't, to balance things out you'll end up with two forced years of Nintendo Switch Online featuring Donkey Kong Country 2 so you'll end up spending $40 for Diddy Kong anyway.

Reactions: zel
Yeah, but Coins can be bought with Rubies so they still have a monetary value, unlike Event Coins that are completely free.

Last edited:
Basically, most tour-related aspects been improved:
* daily login bonuses last for 14 days and give Normal, Super and High-End level-boost tickets
* the event shop sells those as well, along with High-End points-cap tickets and the High-End driver, kart and glider you mentioned (along with the usual Supers)
* there is one more free pipe pull per weekly pipe
* the pipes themselves have double the amount of High-End items (12 instead of 6)
* there are those Anniversary Challenges that give Rubies (and plenty of Coins)
* the old five city tracks all returned, and New York Minute 3 was added (easily my favorite of the New York Minutes)

But the highlights for me were the buffs to Egg Hunt Yoshi and, even more importantly, this guy receiving a buff on a country whose flag matches his color pattern!
76912470-8D58-493F-9456-DED71854B1AC.png

"Leaked"... I mean, they uploaded the sound track from Mario Kart Wii, an educated guess is that they'll just reuse the original sound track because that's what they've done so far.

I'm wondering if they'll reuse the Mario Kart 7 layout without any change or if they'll readd the half pipes whose support was added in Mario Kart Tour a few months ago.

"Leaked"... I mean, they uploaded the sound track from Mario Kart Wii, an educated guess is that they'll just reuse the original sound track because that's what they've done so far.

I'm wondering if they'll reuse the Mario Kart 7 layout without any change or if they'll readd the half pipes whose support was added in Mario Kart Tour a few months ago.
Im just Interested in the Trick variation and Reverse Variation of the Track, if it even has one that is. (mabye Sherbet Land for a Christmas tour?)

Back