Mario Kart Tour

The grind is optional if your only option is to beg your parents for money.

And at last we have a game that ties Mario Party Advance as the lowest Mario series metascore.
Well...it's up to 55 now. I guess Mario Party Advance will still be holding that title for a long while.

This game is worse than Mario Party Advance. Advance didn't charge you $20 bucks for Mario from Mario Kart for starters.

mario party advance has a good single player mode though. i liked the characters and dialogue in the game, and i think some of the scenarios are pretty enjoyable, such as helping cheep cheep coach with his cheeps and the badly rapping toadies.

Yes! I unlocked my favorite character!

Screenshot_20190930-213208_Mario Kart.jpg

Here are the characters that I have so far:

1. Toad
2. Bowser
3. Donkey Kong
4. Baby Daisy
5. Daisy
6. Koopa Troopa
7. Baby Peach

By the way I'm not spending any money to get more rubies, and I'm probably not going to buy the gold pass either.

So I took the plunge on Saturday and downloaded MKT. I already have Yoshi, Daisy, and Baby Daisy. I don't see any reason to continue.

Plus, I keep getting stupid mechanics messing me up. Literally bouncing off every wall (especially the stupid dinosaur's legs WHY IS THAT A THING NOW). And whenever I try to look back, I accidentally drift instead. Uuugggghghhhh

(especially the stupid dinosaur's legs WHY IS THAT A THING NOW).

That's from Double Dash mi bucko.

Anyways, I'm fine playing as Bowser. I don't mind that much, and the racing feels good (for a mobile game that I'm playing using a mouse).

It's far more fun than Mario Kart Tour if you have the experience of being in an arcade cabinet and having a lot of noise and nice rumbling feedback. Sure, it eats up your tickets/quarters since races are short and every race requires transactions, and the kart/item selection is determined by a roulette, but at least you can choose whomever you want, the tank mode (in Arcade GP DX) is fun and busted, steering/drifting isn't a pain in the ass, and most karts look really nice.

That's from Double Dash mi bucko.
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how bumping into the dino's legs cause me to bounce between them like a stuck pinball for ten years while all the CPUs pass me and I go from 1st to last in a matter of seconds because I can't escape hell.

It's not the stage hazard that's the problem, it's the controls and the poor translation from Double Dash to this format.

TBH And no joke, the only thing im sorta enjoying is playing in certain tracks and playing as Peachette because i kinda like her whackyness.

Other than that i'm on the edge to uninstall this mess.

If i cannot get enough rewards or benefits to unlock Rosalina , this will be the end and there would be 0 point for me to keep playing.

I won't bent over for Nintendo to screw me on this and take money, they released a flawed product so i hope there's a fix or otherwise i hope flops hard.

You and your time deserve better than this. You know you shouldn't be wasting precious time on a subpar mobile game when that time gaming should be invested in games that had effort, attention, and, most importantly, respect for their players.

By the way, for some rather obscure reason, in the update they actually added the online play button, with a message stating that the feature will be added in a future update.

The pay2winness of the Blue Falcon in MK8 is "finally" getting topped?

This game is making me hate Baby Mario. Whenever someone passes nee at the last second, IT'S ALWAYS HIM. Whenever a CPU breaks away with no hope of me ever catching up, IT'S ALWAYS HIM. Or Diddy Kong, but he's done that to me for a while. And both their special items are equally annoying. I already hated the Boomerang Flower in MK8. At least the Fire Flower got nerfed.

Also, the Turbo Blooper still sucks at drifting.

So I finally got around to playing this game. It controls smoothly and is a nice transition of Mario Kart to mobile; I feared it would be much worse. The favored-track mechanics could easily get out of hand once multiplayer becomes a thing, but it's not too bad in single player. The graphics are absolutely beautiful, as well. A bit disappointed by the lack of MK8 tracks, but hopefully they'll add them in the future.

However, I cannot excuse the payment model here. While the energy meter from Dr. Mario World is gone (good), the random character unlocks have returned (boo). There's now a shop that sells them, but the odds of them carrying your favorite character are pretty slim. But that's not even the worst of it. Rubies are overly expensive to buy (3 for $2?!), Mario costs a whopping $20 (I thought this was Mario Kart...), and Luigi is absent entirely despite being shown on the startup screen. And the Gold Pass is the worst it gets; for a monthly fee of $5, you get 200cc. A monthly fee...more expensive than Switch Online...for the highest difficulty level in the game. That's harsh, Nintendo.

Overall, I like the game, but its overly intrusive money-grabbing mechanics are completely out of hand. It controls quite nicely for a mobile Mario Kart, but the prices here are outrageously high and exists in territory Mario should never have entered. Spend at your own risk.

I caved in and started this playing a few days back... First impression was "Why are the controls so screwy oh god" but I think I'm getting used to them now (mainly with steering...)

I have no complaints about the whole gacha system but mainly because of my years of playing other such games (*cough* SIF and UtaPri *cough*), totally can understand everyone else's issues with it though. Also the Gold Pass is dumb.

My only real complaint is why is there a daily limit for how many times you can up the base points on characters/karts/gliders through racing, that's just low-key bogus to me.

This game is not generous enough on give multiple daily log-in bonuses, like what FE Heroes did.

In FE Heroes, you receive like 10-12 orbs in a week, plus more orbs from quest and tier rewards.

I will say I enjoyed this decently enough but also there's basically nothing to do anymore and I'm unsure of what content they'll actually add besides multiplayer which I won't play anyway. Challenges are alright but it's just grinding for a random chance to get the items you need for it. Getting better high scores is just grinding for multiple frenzies at opportune times to keep a combo going. You can buy stuff with coins but who cares really, all you get is stuff to help you get grand stars which are functionally useless once you've gotten the Black B Dasher from the trial gold pass because there's nothing beyond that. I'm sure there are some degenerates that care about the leaderboard so they can get a small amount of currency to pull a bunch of parts that are identical to other parts.

I feel like mobile games live and die on frequent content updates and a long-term end goal and this really has neither. So I think I was actually right when I joked that I'd be completely finished with this game before the gold pass trial period was over.

But all this is meaningless because they just need to add Gooigi and this will be the greatest game up there with the likes of Luigi's Mansion 3; the one with Gooigi in it.

edit: oh and as for the gacha part; i don't care about it. There was basically no true incentive to pull. Leaderboards aren't an incentive because only the tryhards care about them. I did a single tenfold and felt like I had everything I really needed, I bought characters from the shop with coins if I felt like I needed them. The gold pass is mediocre but you can get everything noteworthy before the trial period is over.

This image of Rainbow Road looks suspicious...

Attachments

• 73D2FD92-606E-4B5F-9CA6-B33244A80F3F.jpeg
    73D2FD92-606E-4B5F-9CA6-B33244A80F3F.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 255
After hours upon hours of earning Grand Stars and beating each of the 12 cups in the New York Tour...I finally got Yoshi. It feels great having him now and being able to put that behind me.

Oh, and I didn't get him randomly, I got him from that gift box directly after the Metal Mario Cup.

Back