Mario Party the Top 100 for 3DS

the only good thing about that minigame is that , somehow , they decided to reference Luigi's Mansion.

I like the setting and how the positions for enemies change, and it also takes place in a first-person perspective.

Got this game at midnight. So far my first impressions are generally positive. It warms my heart to see so many minigames of the past remade.

Heck, the game even makes some cool improvements to old games. Examples: Shell Shocked now has a strafe, and Dizzy Dancing does not end with whoever gets the music note in the center (It's changed to the music note respawns and you have to get the most before time runs out)

Perhaps the most nostalgic thing however besides the minigames themselves is the music. At least on the one mode I played (Minigame Island). If you beat a MP2 game you got a remix of the Minigame win from that game, same for all the others. It's a very nice touch I have to say. And of course you have the return of many loved minigame music.

I'll probably give larger thoughts once I've gotten all the minigames and played them all. But so far I think I can say if you're hugely nostalgic for many of the old Mario Parties I can lean towards recommending it even though it doesn't have the board gameplay of old. Though feel free to wait for a discount if you're still iffy about the $40 price tag.

Boy oh boy if you ever wanted definitive proof at how dead the koopa kids are, the final battle mini game from MP4 is in this and they were replaced with Bowser jr.

Good to know they are death.

Also, Rosalina still sounds horrible in this game as well, but since that can be changed now , its never gonna be a complain anymore.

Also they modified her 2nd place pose, i dont know if they did it with other characters as well , but they did with Rosalina.

PelPQjp.png

NxB78cP.png

OH NOOOOO THEY FUCKING DIDNT!

They REPLACED Dodging Danger (Skate song from MP1) with a Mario Party 3 music!!!!!!!

UGHREAKFKAMCLMACKLMAKL!!!! This is really upsetting, now the minigame doesnt have the same feeling anymore.

They also replaced the Pirahna Plant with Petey Pirahna.

I legitimately didn't know this game came out.

Mcmadness said:
Boy oh boy if you ever wanted definitive proof at how dead the koopa kids are, the final battle mini game from MP4 is in this and they were replaced with Bowser jr.
On one hand, that's pretty sad, but on another I didn't expect Koopa Kid or Junior in this game so seeing him is a nice surprise (and they chose the best final boss minigame. Still doesn't make up for no Dungeon Duos). Is Diddy even in this game?

Swiftie_Luma said:
Good to know they are death.
That's metal.

But I'm sad that they're gone.

Swiftie_Luma said:
OH NOOOOO THEY *bleep*ING DIDNT!
Rosalina's voice, eh?

Swiftie_Luma said:
They REPLACED Dodging Danger (Skate song from MP1) with a Mario Party 3 music!!!!!!!
Oh.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Unacceptable.

Swiftie_Luma said:
They also replaced the Pirahna Plant with Petey Pirahna.

Acceptable.

Interesting note on the minigames per entry distribution: It turns out the 10 minigames per game was presumptive and is not the case.

MP1: 5
MP2: 13
MP3: 12
MP4: 14
MP5: 17
MP6: 9
MP7: 12
MP8: 3
MP9: 10
MP10: 4

For some reason they gave Mario Party 5 the most minigames (Not that I mind personally, being that's one of my favorite Mario Parties. As unpopular that seems to be) while MP1, MP10 and especially MP8 got the shaft. The rest have is at least close, just at, or above 10.

MP1 is really concerning on this.

It's also bullshit they brough back Tug o War when they only have 5 of them.

This is a clear sign these are not the ''Top 100'' Best minigames.

Mp8 has terrible minigames out of all the console MP games , as it forces motion controls and they are forgettable.

And 10 goes on the same boat , but once again they bring back stuff like Soar to Score but not others that are waaaay better.

this game is just questionable altogether.

In fairness to what MP1 got, MP2's list includes minigames that were ported over from MP1
But yeah, I knew these weren't the best of the best when I saw And The Beat Goes On, yet no Dungeon Duos.

Mcmadness said:

Didn't I tell you that Bowser Jr. will probably replace them earlier in this thread.

Pretty sure I agreed with that too.

Nooo no Mario Mechs. :(

That game should be a Top 100 for anyone and if you disagree, you're a heathen.

The amount of Mario Party 5 games had me exited.

But then I realised I'd just be better off buying Mario Party 5 itself for pretty much the same price.

You could probably get it somewhere for cheaper.

Ninelevendo said:
The amount of Mario Party 5 games had me exited.

But then I realised I'd just be better off buying Mario Party 5 itself for pretty much the same price.

See, that's what I mean. There's no new characters I can play as in Mario Party 5 aside from Rosalina, so what's the point of getting this game when most of the playable characters are already playable in all of those installments save for just a select few?

Donkey Kong can't even make up for the lost times. :dk2:

As much as I like Rosalina, I really feel like Donkey Kong should have been prioritized over her.

Swiftie and the quest for better voices, part 4.

Baby Luigi said:
As much as I like Rosalina, I really feel like Donkey Kong should have been prioritized over her.

They brought back his dedicated mini games for this so he's used for that instead.

Found all the Rosalina voices.

they literally ripped everything from SR.

it's disgusting because there's tons of duplicates , exactly like in Star Rush. Annoying to replace the same sounds.

The last 3 Mario parties have given absolutely zero context for why anything is happening.

I don't care all that much about story for Mario but I at least appreciate a reason for why shit is happening.

Back