What sport has Mario not taken on?

Mcmadness said:
Well if you want to get technical there is a Mario themed Chess set you can buy.

per, i have that chess set and it's good.

I like to see hunting as a sport, if that's not mentioned already.

Of course, the quarry would be Koopas.

this thread already took the 3 from my work that I was going to suggest

Hurling - edit already suggested
I got nuthin

The Most Dangerous Game

I'm displeased by the lack of sumo wrestling.

C'mon, you mean you didn't think of Calvinball?

I suppose there's Squash, which is basically tennis but the "net" is the wall. In this case, I won't be surprised if this sport is an extension of the Mario Tennis game, given the similarities between them.

Another sport, if it could be called that, is footracing. The idea that Mario characters do racing on their foot is not fully realised, since the Super Mario platformers tend to be more of the cooperative side. The SMB Deluxe game does have the You vs. Boo games, but I am referring to actual racing around the course.

In terms of the extreme and/or chaotic version of the sports presented in Mario Strikers and the Camelot Mario games, I would like to see Rugby. It's true that Mario & Sonic 2016 has this sport, but I feel that this sport is ripe in a more cartoon-y version (for lack of a better word). The sport as presented in Mario & Sonic has its own twists, but more could be done to it. Such as turning the rugby ball into something more explosive, or perhaps giving the field some conveyor belts (in one of the courts).

Thank you for reading.

White water rafting. Come on, that's screaming out for Mario & co. to do it!

Skateboarding.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind seeing Mario's take on Tony Hawk Underground.

Edit: Oh whoops, MemoryMan already mentioned it.

I want to see Mario's take on the Maya Ball Game. Especially ending ceremonies.

@Cirdec there was definitely footracing on Mario and Sonic at the Olympics

Has jousting been mentioned?

Or gladiator sport?

Pink Cat said:
What has Mario not gone for yet? ... Beyblading? ... That counts I think
Mario hasn't, but Luigi and Bowser did in Dream Team.

This probably doesn't count as a sport but I imagine it would be structured like a sports spinoff. Let's get Mario characters fighting each other in giant mechs. I think there might have been Mario Party minigames like this but I mean a full game, with tons of different mechs to unlock and use, different abilities and fighting styles depending on which you choose.

I'd want to see handball!

Or American handball, which was a common schoolyard sport for me back in elementary school.

Back