Birdo
Bowser Jr.
Diddy Kong
Boo
Shy Guy
Metal Mario
Petey Piranha
King Bob-Omb

A few unorthodox picks at the end there, but I'm satisfied.

memoryman3 said:
Oh yeah, what's with the fascination of leaving Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in but leaving out the baby princesses? Isn't that a little sexist? Mario Sports Superstars was guilty of this...and the inclusion of Metal Mario didn't help. Is it because they are more "canon"?

You bring up sexism on matters concerning about the Mario franchise baby characters.

Laughing my fucking ass off.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Rosalina
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Shadow Mario
Bowser Jr
Shadow Mario
Bowser Jr
Shadow Mario
Bowser Jr
Shadow Mario
Bowser Jr
Shadow Mario
Bowser Jr
Shadow Mario
Bowser Jr
Shadow Mario

Baby Luigi said:
memoryman3 said:
Oh yeah, what's with the fascination of leaving Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in but leaving out the baby princesses? Isn't that a little sexist? Mario Sports Superstars was guilty of this...and the inclusion of Metal Mario didn't help. Is it because they are more "canon"?

You bring up sexism on matters concerning about the Mario franchise baby characters.

Laughing my fucking ass off.

I just think the baby princesses have a good reason to exist. They are much cuter than the baby bros IMO (especially Baby Daisy) and they appeal to little girls who want to play them. I see how Baby Luigi appeals to you because you're a female.

The fuck has her being a female have to do with it.

Also Baby Daisy is rubbish. Just a re-skinned Baby Peach.

memoryman3 said:
I just think the baby princesses have a good reason to exist. They are much cuter than the baby bros IMO (especially Baby Daisy) and they appeal to little girls who want to play them.

I don't really think they have that good a reason to exist, it's the same reason for the existence of Pink Gold Peach, and I don't see what good acceptable reason that is. Baby Peach is an exception to that, as she did appear in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (But I'm not sure what her role was, I've never played it) and Yoshi's Island DS, which I think was probably her most significant appearance, as she was one of the two babies playable from the start and provides Yoshi with a unique power. And as for their popularity, I really don't see that reasoning, you're the first person I've ever come across who likes the female babies, let alone finds them cute in any way, shape or form. And I know when I was little I hated them with a vengeance, and they still make up my three least favourite Mario characters. I think the real reason they probably get left out most of the time is due to the fact they weren't really invented for a particularly main game.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Pauline
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Birdo
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi
Toad
Toadette
Geno
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Dry Bowser

This is my dream roster. It'd be cool to see Geno and Pauline playable, even if I never played Super Mario RPG yet. And is it okay if I make another roster as well? (A joke roster featuring characters like Pink Gold Peach, Honey Queen, and other canon characters to ridiculous to be playable)

1. Mario (Powerups like fire and metal as costumes. This also applies to Luigi and Peach)
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Daisy
5. Yoshi (Different colors as costumes)
6. Rosalina
7. Toad
8. Toadette
9. Baby Mario
10. Baby Luigi
11. :dk2:
12. :wario:
13. :waluigi:
14. Shy Guy (Different colors and Spear Guy as a costume)
15. Birdo (Different colors as a costume)
16. Koopa Troopa (Dry Bones as a costume)
17. Goomba
18. Boo (King Boo as a costume)
19. Bowser (Dry Bowser as a costume)
20. Bowser Jr. (Maybe Shadow Mario as a costume?)

Mcmadness said:
The fuck has her being a female have to do with it.

Also Baby Daisy is rubbish. Just a re-skinned Baby Peach.

Females in media are often compared/ accused as similar to each other too much, even if two females have differing traits. This is common not just in Mario games (with Peach and Daisy) but in comic fandoms and such. It's not helped by the fact that they often get lesser roles and respect than the male characters. Baby Mario and Luigi being favoured over here is a key example of this. The babies exist to show us, "what if the Mario characters were just toddlers?" and they share many of the common traits of their adult counterparts. Baby Peach is a bit of a spoilsport. Baby Daisy is loud and brash, and likes adventure. Baby Rosalina is quiet and more elegant. Also, the babies aren't meant to appeal to forum-goers. They are meant to appeal to younger players.

If you are only going to have two babies, then Baby Mario and Baby Peach make more sense than Baby Mario + Luigi.

memoryman3 said:
I'll give you this. As obnoxious as I find Baby Daisy to be, I'd take the baby princesses over the metal characters any day.

Julia-BM said:
And is it okay if I make another roster as well? (A joke roster featuring characters like Pink Gold Peach, Honey Queen, and other canon characters to ridiculous to be playable)
Sure, go ahead. I'll make another roster specific for Mario Kart.
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad
Yoshi
Wario
DK
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina
Daisy
Waluigi
Toadette
Koopa
Shy Guy
King Boo
Kamek
Metal Mario
Hammer Bro.
Dry Bones

Roster for Supra Mayro Krat 8 vs Capcom Ultra Edition & Knuckles featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
Mayro
Luig Hatin' Ahh(unlockable costume: Weegee)
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAluigi(unlockable costume: Robbie Rotten)
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArio
GRAND DAD
Donkey B****@$$
Link Pretty Ahh
The Homie Yosh
Princess Peach Bih Peach Bih Peach Bih Peach Bih
Dr. Mayro
Metal Mayro
Gold Mayro
Tanooki Mayro
Baby Mayro
Pink Gold Peach Bih Peach Bih
Cat Peach Bih Peach Bih
Baby Peach Bih Peach Bi Peach Bih
Baby Dr. Pink Gold Metal Tanooki Mayro
Baby Weegee
Honey Queen
Yeah, Ninty should go with that for the next Mario Kart.

BBQ Turtle said:
And I know when I was little I hated them with a vengeance, and they still make up my three least favourite Mario characters. I think the real reason they probably get left out most of the time is due to the fact they weren't really invented for a particularly main game.
I also hated them but Baby Peach and Baby Daisy's suffering and screaming made up for it. This can't be said for Peach. Daisy, less so, but it's still fun crapping on her.

memoryman3 said:
Females in media are often compared/ accused as similar to each other too much, even if two females have differing traits. This is common not just in Mario games (with Peach and Daisy) but in comic fandoms and such. It's not helped by the fact that they often get lesser roles and respect than the male characters. Baby Mario and Luigi being favoured over here is a key example of this. The babies exist to show us, "what if the Mario characters were just toddlers?" and they share many of the common traits of their adult counterparts. Baby Peach is a bit of a spoilsport. Baby Daisy is loud and brash, and likes adventure. Baby Rosalina is quiet and more elegant. Also, the babies aren't meant to appeal to forum-goers. They are meant to appeal to younger players.

If you are only going to have two babies, then Baby Mario and Baby Peach make more sense than Baby Mario + Luigi.

Baby Peach and Baby Daisy not getting as much roles as Baby Mario and Baby Luigi simply because of the type of fictional chromosomes they are assumed to have is a laughably idiotic reason to undertake. This has absolutely nothing to do with feminism at all, so don't bring it up and strawman it. Go back to the extreme nutcases of Tumblr and say that sexism plays a role in this, they'll love it there, but here, no, it won't fly far before it crashes and blows a gas station up.

The reason Baby Mario and Baby Luigi get more roles is simply because they appeared first, in a game considered a classic nonetheless, in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, first appeared in 1995, which is an older game than you; Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island still has a legacy to the overall Mario series and is still constantly referenced today. I think Baby Mario was added simply to remind the general public at the time that it's a Mario game, but not exactly, but Yoshi is the main star and he's a Mario character, while they thought up of Baby Luigi, who was Baby Mario's brother, as a subversion of the usual Peach because now the Mario Bros. are separated and they need to be reunited. Baby Mario got his first separate playable role from Yoshi in a game in 1999 game, Mario Golf, without Baby Luigi, who didn't appear as a playable character until 2003, Mario Kart: Double Dash to serve as Baby Mario's partner. That is when it became somewhat commonplace for those two to appear. And I THINK because of their popularity in Double Dash (otherwise, they would have been one-offs and easily ignored), it's why they got a starring role in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and hence, why they decided to throw in more babies to the plot like Baby Peach.

My point is, the reason Baby Mario and Baby Luigi is favored is because they're veterans, and they originated from a classic game and slowly got playable roles over time. And it should stay that way. I think it's even worse sexism if you include Baby Peach because "hurr durr she's a female" rather than roles and traits, which Baby Luigi does a far better job at in terms of relevance to the franchise; this tokenizes the idea of female characters and I consider it another form of objectification.

No, Baby Peach should NOT replace Baby Luigi and I *bleep*ing hate those games that do. Baby Mario + Baby Luigi make sense because they're close twin brothers, they interact with each other, and share more in common than Baby Mario + Baby Peach.

(I'm sorry about the long ass rant, but I'm passionate about both the baby characters and feminism so naturally I have to rant about it)

BBQ Turtle said:
And I know when I was little I hated them with a vengeance, and they still make up my three least favourite Mario characters. I think the real reason they probably get left out most of the time is due to the fact they weren't really invented for a particularly main game.
Well, Baby Peach was in Yoshi's Island DS and Partners in Time.

Partners in Time wasn't really a main game. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island has more connections to the main series than Yoshi's Island DS, which the Yoshi series was already established as its own set of platformers.

memoryman3 said:
It's not helped by the fact that they often get lesser roles and respect than the male characters. Baby Mario and Luigi being favoured over here is a key example of this.

They are not being favoured because they are male though- isn't that obvious? They are favoured because they have appeared in more games, have a reason for existence (Not "Who can we make up to fill a Mario Kart character slot?", but to shape the entire plot of the first Yoshi game and the majority of Partners in Time), and are generally more favoured in the way Mario and Luigi themselves are. It quite clearly has nothing to do with gender, else we'd have Baby Wario, Bowser, Donkey Kong and Yoshi instead, and the female babies wouldn't outnumber the male ones in Mario Kart 8.

memoryman3 said:
The babies exist to show us, "what if the Mario characters were just toddlers?" and they share many of the common traits of their adult counterparts. Baby Peach is a bit of a spoilsport. Baby Daisy is loud and brash, and likes adventure. Baby Rosalina is quiet and more elegant.

The babies exist to give the first Yoshi's Island plot, and then Partners in Time, not to show us what they are like as toddlers. And they barely have any personality. Also how is Baby Peach a spoilsport, how do we know if Baby Daisy likes adventure if she's never been on one (And no, kart racing and baseball don't count), and what is elegant about a Baby who drives karts shaped like bugs?

memoryman3 said:
Also, the babies aren't meant to appeal to forum-goers. They are meant to appeal to younger players.

Back when I was at my primary school, almost everyone loved the Mario games, and Mario Kart in particular, but everyone hated the female babies. How young are you thinking? That was when I was 8/9, and my brother was 4/5, and we still both hated them.

memoryman3 said:

No, it doesn't, not really. They only met by chance, but Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were born together, and raised together, and lived together, and still go on adventures together. So it doesn't really make much sense. We may as well whack Baby Donkey Kong and Baby Wario together instead, because that's on about the same level.

Sorry for the very long rant everyone, but picking on babies is mean. Here's a joke roster instead to get back on topic.
1. Pink Gold Peach
2. Metal Mario
3. Baby Peach
4. Baby Yoshi
5. Gold Mario
6. Baby Daisy
7. Baby Rosalina
8. MC Ballyhoo and Big Top
9. The weird Kangaroo from Yoshi's Island DS
10. Plessie
11. Green Sprixie Princess
12. Yellow Sprixie Princess
13. Orange Sprixie Princess
14. Red Sprixie Princess
15. Purple Sprixie Princess
16. Light Blue Sprixie Princess
17. Dark Blue Sprixie Princess
18. General Sprixie
19. Sonic the Hedgehog
20. An Animal Crossing Villager

If that was the roster for a game, I'd buy all the copies just to destroy them.

Here's my joke/crack roster, including characters that people hate playable or in general, and even ones that make no sense.
  • Metal Mario
  • Pink Gold Peach
  • Hammer Bro
  • Paratroopa
  • Kersti
  • Mini Mario
  • Mini DK (Pre-Tipping Stars Design)
  • Mini Toad (With his old 2008-2011 voice that sounded nothing like Toad)
  • Honey Queen in her real size, not shrunken down
  • Wiggler
  • Boom-Boom
  • Pom-Pom
  • Plessie
  • Baby Rosalina
  • Blimp Yoshi
  • Tower Power Pokey (Not shrunken down)
  • Big the Ca- wait he's not Nintendo
  • Ridley (In his regular size
  • The bubble giraffe elephant from Spongebob
  • That pink DK Jr. (From DK JR Math)

This took me over an hour to make.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Waluigi
Honey Queen
Baby Mario
Metal Mario
Gold Mario
Tanooki Mario
Baby Peach
Pink Gold Peach
Cat Peach
Random Human Character Who We've Never Seen Before That Doesn't Look Like a Mario Character
Random Human Character Who We've Never Seen Before That Doesn't Look Like a Mario Character
Julia-BM said:
Here's my joke/crack roster, including characters that people hate playable or in general, and even ones that make no sense.
  • Spike (AKA Fishy Boopkins)
Fishy needs more love

Swiftie_Luma said:
The roster that i want and that you deserve.

kmK859k.png

Rosalina
Baby Rosalina
Tanooki Rosalina
Cat Rosalina
Pink Gold Rosalina
Metal Rosalina
Cyan Sapphire Rosalina
Sporty Rosalina
Dry Rosalina
Rosalina Troopa
Wendy O. Rosalina
Gold Rosalina
Wasalina

Swiftie_Luma said:

Needs more Rosalina.

Swiftie_Luma said:

kmK859k.png
That's not 20 characters, though.

Back