What Mario Crossovers would you like to see?

Jourdon

Goomba
People like crossovers right? Some are awesome and some are just weird. A topic of a Mario crossing over with another series would be a good topic. If there was any series you would see crossing over with Mario what would you top crossovers be and why?

Since I've been playing some Final Fantasy lately I'd be ok with some more Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest crossovers.

Doesn't even need to be a board game or sports game.

I'm not sure how it would work mechanically, but the worlds of Mario and Kirby would probably cross over best

Mario and Ark Survival Evolved.

All as excuse for Mario to ride this

latest

Mario + Puyo Puyo!

Personally, even if it's a standard Mario and Puyo Puyo game with the Puyo Puyo playstyle, that's good enough for me. Basically it needs to have the Mario cast along with Puyo Puyo cast popping those Puyos.

If we go one step further, it could have a crossover gameplay style with Dr. Mario, which would likely happen if it were to go this route.

Thank you for reading.

Mario + Left 4 Dead 2, please.

Maybe Mario + GTA too.

BLOF, you managed to pick the two of the most unlikely to happen crossovers out of all possible Mario crossovers.

Well done.

By being the most unlikely to happen, they get to be the most interesting.

Luigi 64DD said:
BLOF, you managed to pick the two of the most unlikely to happen crossovers out of all possible Mario crossovers.

Well done.

Why not? They already made it happen for themselves.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Mario and Ark Survival Evolved.

All as excuse for Mario to ride this

latest

I thought you'd be mroe about hunting yoshis.

The Mario crossover of my dreams already happened.

And actively avoided almost everything I loved about the source material. So pretty much, do it again but don't play it mind-numbingly safe.

As for non-Mario franchises crossing over, I'd love SpongeBob but that's like, one of the most stereotypical fanfiction concepts ever and it won't happen so I won't dwell on it :P

Theatrhythm: Mario Edition

As the name suggests, this is a music game. If you don't know what Theatrhythm games are, basically you create a team of Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest characters (depending on game) and then tap or slide into the notes.

So, we take the Theatrhythm gameplay and put it into the Mario games, since the Mario series has a very rich selection of soundtracks to choose from.

Technically this is a collaboration between Square Enix and Nintendo, since the gameplay is developed by them, but due to indieszero being the developer, it's not an unrealistic situation since that developer mainly develops for Nintendo.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
Theatrhythm: Mario Edition

As the name suggests, this is a music game. If you don't know what Theatrhythm games are, basically you create a team of Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest characters (depending on game) and then tap or slide into the notes.

So, we take the Theatrhythm gameplay and put it into the Mario games, since the Mario series has a very rich selection of soundtracks to choose from.

Technically this is a collaboration between Square Enix and Nintendo, since the gameplay is developed by them, but due to indieszero being the developer, it's not an unrealistic situation since that developer mainly develops for Nintendo.

Thank you for reading.

not a bad idea. I catch myself still playing theatrhythm final fantasy curtain call on 3ds every now and then.

Glowsquid said:
I thought you'd be mroe about hunting yoshis.
I like the mental image of Mario on top of a terror bird, the terror bird chasing down Yoshi, and the terror bird swinging her head like an axe at it, and Yoshi explodes and transforms into meat as how the prey in Breath of the Wild poof into meat.

Mario x Mega Man

He challenged Pac-Man in a racing event.
He challenged Sonic in an Olympic event.

He should challenge Mega Man in a futuristic sport! Cyber Tennis!

Mario x Titanfall.

It's Mario Kart and Mario Mechs from Mario Party 5 going completely out of hand and is part of a really messed up aspect of The Frontier.

Back