Monopoly: Gamer Edition

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/28/15886008/monopoly-gamer-edition-super-mario-price-release-date

So Hasbro has created a new version of Monopoly based on the Mario franchise that has you collecting power-ups and defeating bosses. It releases this August, with the playable tokens being Mario, Yoshi, Princess Peach, and Donkey Kong. There will also be a separate pack of tokens including Luigi, Toad, Rosalina, Wario, Diddy Kong, Boo, Fire Mario, and Tanooki Mario.

Looks to be pretty fun. I'm definitely game to buy it and play it.

You have to buy separate tokens?

Man even board games have shitty DLC.

Looks to be a somewhat different version of Monopoly where the currency is also different, since coins make the game have a simpler currency style. Of course, there's also the item dice block.

Interesting that there are three variations of Mario, if including the current token and the two upcoming ones. I do hope that Waluigi or Daisy are added, because I feel that they are cool and harmless additions to the otherwise harmless board.

The quality of the figurines look somewhat off, especially Luigi's so I guess they are not going for utmost quality here, given that this is standard licensing stuff with a few elements that go beyond the original.

Thanks for reading.

I find some good stand-ins for this game via Choco Egg mini figurines and Super Mario Chess, but I find Super Mario Chess pieces a bit off. That being said, I don't think it's fair to fault tiny figures for not having exquisite accuracy.

Just use amiibo fellas. When I get the special ability lists, I'll post ability cards for all characters here.

memoryman3 said:
Just use amiibo fellas. When I get the special ability lists, I'll post ability cards for all characters here.
I think there's a difference in size between the two sets of figures, enough that the amiibos would look odd on the Monopoly board.

My little Baby Luigi Furuta figurine would make a great piece.

Time Turner said:
memoryman3 said:
I think there's a difference in size between the two sets of figures, enough that the amiibos would look odd on the Monopoly board.

I know that, but I personally prefer big, chunky, HQ pieces.

Luigi 64DD said:
They put Donkey Kong before Luigi? What is this madness?
It's an apology for the 50 different versions of Jungle Hijinxs and the lack of King K. Rool in the Nintendo All-Stars game.

So, three different versions of Mario, including Tanooki Mario as DLC, but no Bowser Jr.

Will this game receive a Deluxe edition?

Bowser Jr. is a boss card in the Collectirs Edition so that's probably why there isn't a playing piece of him.

Also that answers your other question, yes there's a "Collectors Edition" with Bowser, a different looking box/board and a Bowser Jr. boss card.

https://ebgames.com.au/loot-229571-Monopoly-Gamer-Collectors-Edition-Loot

It already does

Orange and red properties will be top tier.

Back