Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

Envy said:
That Koopa sprite on the right isn't from Dream Team, only Paper Jam; because the latter's sprites are different to the former in terms of the angle you're viewing them at and Superstar Saga DX will be using the same viewing angles as the former not the latter, so the Koopa sprites will definitely be different. The closest thing we'll have to being the exact same sprite are Kylie Koopa's sprites from Dream Team since there are no standard Koopa overworld sprites in that game.
Oh for sure, that's true. Just wanted to point out that the Paper Jam Koopa and the Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions Koopa are different sprites. Thus the Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions Koopa sprite is new, made from the ground up.

Time Turner said:
You sure those aren't the same sprites and one of those sprites just happens to have been horribly compressed by YouTube?

Here is a more fair comparison with both subject to youtube compression. Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions re-did the Koopa sprite from the ground up. They didn't reuse the same sprite from Paper Jam.

u0qTof7.png

They had the time and resources to make a brand new Koopa sprite, so I just wanted to point out that for them to not give them flight suits had to be a deliberate decision opposed to resource/time management.

It was probably easier for them to make new overworld sprites instead of making new sprites for the battles in the minion quest mode or something. They would probably want normal ones for that mode anyway, so it just saves time.

I mean it's still not big a deal either way, sure it's annoying but what's done is what's done.

We're complaining about Koopa Suits now?

Yoshi the SSM said:
Either way, the amiibo is just for the Bowser's Minions part. That is, as far as I can tell. They only showed until Beanbean Castle Sewers that there was no amiibo. But, it is unlikely that amiibo will be in the main game due to it being present in Bowser's Minions part while in the second area.

Maybe there's some sort of amiibo building that you go to, integrated into the game world.

Toads not making exaggerated facial expressions any more is a bigger deal, because part of the humor comes from a lot of exaggeration.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
u0qTof7.png

They had the time and resources to make a brand new Koopa sprite, so I just wanted to point out that for them to not give them flight suits had to be a deliberate decision opposed to resource/time management.
I'm pretty sure *bleep*ing around with the sprite perspective doesn't take up as much resources.

Now I know what to furiously beg my parents for when Christmas rolls around.

http://marioandluigisuperstarsaga.nintendo.com/

The descriptions for Minion Quest seem to indicate Fawful's the primary antagonist in it, not Cackletta. But he's accompanying and assisting her most of the time in the game so I wonder what this is hinting at.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I'm pretty sure *bleep*ing around with the sprite perspective doesn't take up as much resources.

It's a bit more than a perspective change, you can't transform front view into front/top view by bleepadeblooping with the sprite. It needs to be remade from the ground up. Also some of the proportions and shading is a bit different, so it is a brand new sprite they made from the ground up.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:

The descriptions for Minion Quest seem to indicate Fawful's the primary antagonist in it, not Cackletta. But he's accompanying and assisting her most of the time in the game so I wonder what this is hinting at.

Hope the Japanese site opens soon so I can see amiibo support!

TheSuperStarSaga said:
It's a bit more than a perspective change, you can't transform front view into front/top view by bleepadeblooping with the sprite. It needs to be remade from the ground up. Also some of the proportions and shading is a bit different, so it is a brand new sprite they made from the ground up.
No you don't need to reinvent the wheel to introduce a little perspective change. You can edit a few pixels around to force a perspective change.

Proportions is different from foreshortening. Shading is different because of the light changes from perspective.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:

Honestly I'm slightly concerned with how this'll fit together with the main story and what that means for Fawful; I hope they don't make him too Bowser's Inside Story-like as much as I like him in both, for consistency's sake.

If I were a guessing man, I'd say that like the main plot itself, what you start off doing might not be exactly the same as what you are doing by the end of it.

Mcmadness said:
If I were a guessing man, I'd say that like the main plot itself, what you start off doing might not be exactly the same as what you are doing by the end of it.
I'm drawing a blank on what you're talking about.

The plot.

It's 14 years old. I really doubt there is anyone here who doesn't know what happens in superstar saga.

memoryman3 said:
Mcmadness said:
It's 14 years old. I really doubt there is anyone here who doesn't know what happens in superstar saga.

I don't
Bowser goes through a gender change. Not surprising because pretty much every Mario & Luigi game, Bowser goes through some sort of transformation.

I've never fully beaten the game but yea it's nothing insane or outstanding.

Peach's vocal cords get stolen by a green bean so Mario & Luigi have to go get it back.

It wasn't Peach. That game makes you think that. It was really Birdo.

And another story spoiler

Bowser, after becoming male again, wakes up only to find himself in his castle, which then explodes. The end.

I find that twist to be a terrible contrivance.

Mcmadness said:
Yeah sure let's just spoil any game older than 10 years old because I'm sure literally everybody in the entire world would have enough time and life to play all of them.

How about we do the same with every book or movie too. It totally doesn't matter.

Good thing I said HERE. A board full of Mario fans who know a ridiculous amount about this series.

In fact even not having played it I'm amazed anybody here doesn't know all the major parts of that game.

I have never played it, and I know exactly what happens.

Back