MarioWiki
Ray Trace
I'll let you decide whether it's real or fake

J8FcfxY.jpg

6XGpdKZ.jpg

39kZjpY.png

imzC7vQ.png

Baby Luigi said:

This image confuses me the most. If it's a supposed port of the 3DS/Wii U version, Target Smash wouldn't be there. On the other hand, if this is to be a complete overhaul, why reuse the area from Melee?

Also, these images make it look more like an enhanced 3DS port than an enhanced Wii U one, as the only stages shown here are from the 3DS.

Princess Zelda said:
Where did you find these?

CamTro posted it on Discord, so I'd thought I share here.

Alex95 said:
*img*

This image confuses me the most. If it's a supposed port of the 3DS/Wii U version, Target Smash wouldn't be there. On the other hand, if this is to be a complete overhaul, why reuse the area from Melee?

Just like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Smash for Switch might re-add features that were missing from the version, and possibly has "retro" Target Smash stages too.

I'm thinking it's fake. The time fonts would probably be the same as in Smash U, a lot of these models look ripped right from Smash 3DS and other games, Yoshi doesn't have a shadow in the Target Test stage (you could say that thing on the bridge is it, but Smash doesn't have dynamic lighting nor do the other screenshots), and I don't think they'd reuse the Target stages from Melee due to moveset changes with the 64/Melee cast and characters from Brawl/Smash 4.

Color me surprised if they're real though.

Considering that I have worked with Smash for Wii U models, I do have to agree that models in these screenshots don't really look like them. Especially with Bowser Jr. I think the environment design looks really good for a fake though, especially the Paper Mario one.

Baby Luigi said:
I'll let you decide whether it's real or fake

6XGpdKZ.jpg

This image bugs me the most because of the 2, 3 and 4 are slanted but 1 isn't.

These screenshots are very nice and hopeful but I have doubts on them being real.

Major props to making these fake screenshots if they are fake though, holy that person put in a lot of work.

As far as I'm concerned, you can't see other players in Smash Tour, so the 2nd players screen is impossible.

I'm leaning towards fake.

Tiff said:
As far as I'm concerned, you can't see other players in Smash Tour, so the 2nd players screen is impossible.
Unless it was added for Smash Switch.

I highly doubt that a Nintendo Switch port would use the 3DS models over the Wii U models. Fake, unless E3 can prove otherwise.

He's also not in line with the pipe, which is meant to be a course obstacle.

Alex95 said:
Bowser Jr. doesn't look like he has enough room to perform a dash attack where he is.

Eh, I think he does. You don't need to dash far to perform it.

It's fake, there isn't anything new here. It's either stuff we've seen before (Paper Mario stage, Break the Targets) or stuff that the majority of the community wants to see (split-screen Smash Run).

The top picture is telling me it's fake because the stat pictures are completely reused from SSB4.

A detail I noticed is that, in the Smash Run screenshots, Toon Link doesn't have a little black item strip in the corner.

I think they're fake.

I wanna throw my piece in and say that the images are likely fake due to the inconsistent fonts and models between images rather than the possibility of the modes showcased not existing in the other Smash for games, but hell if I know

Regardless of their legitimacy I think we'll be getting a Smash announcement at E3 anyway so these images dont really add or subtract from that hype for me

Magikrazy said:
Fake fake fake fake fake fake fake, fake fake fake fake fake fake.

Fake fake, fake fake fake?

Fake fake. It was so obvious from the outset. Even Yoshi's Egg didn't have a rainbow trail.

Back