E3 2017 general topic

What I hope to see from the big N this year:

~More info on Super Mario Odyssey :mario:
~A core 2D Mario title that isn't NSMB
~Mario and Luigi Switch
~Luigi's Mansion 3
~WarioWare Switch
~New core Metroid titles (Still have high hopes for a potential Metroid Dread, but I'll honestly take anything that I can get at this point)
~New F-Zero
~Pokemon Ranger 4 (Preferably on 3DS)
~3D Kirby?
~Sm4sh port? (or alternatively 5mash works too.)
~Activity Log and Internet Browser announcement for the Switch (Maybe a Miiverse-esque community.)

Glowsquid said:
Where did you get that idea from? The game was #1 in the US for its month of launch and is the best-selling game of the year so far for the UK. If anything, Ghost Recon Wildlands is a great example of how out-of-touch your average message board poster is.

I do agree with the sentiment that what gets moron on message boards all hot and bothered doesn't necessarily translate to mainstream success, and that E3 is no longer the be–all and end–all in a time where companies have more effective ways to market directly to hardcore fans. Various major publishers pulling out of it and E3 opening its doors to the public in 2017 are admissions of that.

Alright fair nuff, bad info on my part for wildlands.

Still the rest of my point still stands and it's good to see I'm not the only one who sees E3 is becoming more and more irrelevant as time goes on.

I expect Gamecube Virtual Console and I'm hoping they're smart enough to realize that they are fully capable of doing Wii Virtual Console. I think it would be smart of them to make Super Mario Sunshine HD because many people seem to want it and they could easily outsource it to a remake company like they did with Wind Waker HD.

How would they do wii virtual console they don't have the sensor bar or backwards controller capabilities?

I'm not saying the Switch has the necessary technology to support it or if it's the best route for a big company like Nintendo, but you can easily emulate motion controls with buttons, as how the Dolphin Emulator did for Wii games.

Well, to me it's not Virtual Console unless it uses the controllers of the system that has the Virtual Console titles, e.g. NES, SNES, N64, GBA, and DS games on Wii U use the Wii U Gamepad while Wii games, which are referred to as "Wii Digital Download"s rather than Virtual Console, use Wii Remotes. Therefore, you'd have to be able to use Joy-cons as controllers for it to count as Virtual Console in my mind. So then it comes down to whether or not the Joy-cons can simulate the control methods of Wiimotes which, judging by World of Goo, they can. Now there could be some unforeseen problems with doing it, so I suppose it was a little overconfident of me to say that they are fully capable of doing it. But I still think they most likely can do it.

Luigi 64DD said:
Well, to me it's not Virtual Console unless it uses the controllers of the system that has the Virtual Console titles, e.g. NES, SNES, N64, GBA, and DS games on Wii U use the Wii U Gamepad while Wii games, which are referred to as "Wii Digital Download"s rather than Virtual Console, use Wii Remotes. Therefore, you'd have to be able to use Joy-cons as controllers for it to count as Virtual Console in my mind. So then it comes down to whether or not the Joy-cons can simulate the control methods of Wiimotes which, judging by World of Goo, they can. Now there could be some unforeseen problems with doing it, so I suppose it was a little overconfident of me to say that they are fully capable of doing it. But I still think they most likely can do it.

I'd say, just remaster some Wii games. They will work fine.

But isn't it better to have many emulated Wii games rather than a handful of remastered Wii games, assuming I'm right about them being able to simulate Wiimote control with the Joy-cons?

I'm pretty sure that Joy-Cons can everything that a Wii remote can, aside from the nunchuck which could just be replicated with two joy-cons.

Idk emulating Wii games seems kinda pointless since everyone who owns a switch probably owns a Wii (everyone has a Wii) so it wouldn't be a big selling point and unlike the Wii U it doesn't have the native hardware to play it easily.

Remastering them would sell better but would really only be a quick way to make money, there's not much point considering the demand of something like GameCube games.

Dark Meta Knight said:
I'm pretty sure that Joy-Cons can everything that a Wii remote can, aside from the nunchuck which could just be replicated with two joy-cons.

Idk emulating Wii games seems kinda pointless since everyone who owns a switch probably owns a Wii (everyone has a Wii) so it wouldn't be a big selling point and unlike the Wii U it doesn't have the native hardware to play it easily.

Remastering them would sell better but would really only be a quick way to make money, there's not much point considering the demand of something like GameCube games.
Some games like SMG1 and SMG2 could benefit from an HD remaster along with Skyward Sword.

So, the thing has started already and EA fumbled the ball ... yes, it's sports, endless sports, sports that are downgraded for the Switch for no good reason.

Next up is Mircosoft with the C3Scorpio, Devoler Digital with ... I don't know really but don't show up for Besthda or you'll make Todd cry.

Microsoft was pretty decent this year, highlight was Super Lucky's Tale, and overall, it's one of their better conferences despite being eh on the One X.

Scorpio is now called Xbox One X. It's a bummer I guess. The final name could've been more interesting like Xbox Scorpio or something. Xbox One X was leaked to be the final name of Scorpio.

Oh god, and we all thought the Wii U was a *bleep*ty name.

At least it's not a new console like the Wii U was, though. Thank heavens for that.

I'm hoping Nintendo will wow us in an innovative way to disappoint fans.

Back