Top Ten Super Mario Odyssey Music - Countdowns discussion thread

What would you most like to see me write? (See current thread update for details)

• More Countdowns

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • A section analyzing music from various Nintendo games (sort of like Mario's Boombox but with officia

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • A game review section (possibly Marioverse Reviews but I might want to be open to non-Mario games)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello, people. I'm back with one more Countdown before retiring for now. I'm probably going to return to the Shroom some time in the not-so-far future, but I'm done for now. Thanks to everyone who read and commented on my section. It really was a lot of fun and I hope I can do this sort of thing again soon.

This month's section is the Top 10 Super Mario Odyssey Music. BTW it does have some spoilers, so tread carefully. I actually do have some bonus content for this month, which is the rankings of a few of the songs that didn't make the top 10:

15/16. Honeylune Ridge Caves (Moon Kingdom) - I couldn't decide whether this or Tostarena Ruins was better, so they're tied.
15/16. Tostarena Ruins (Sand Kingdom)
14. Steam Gardens (Wooded Kingdom) - I know that everyone loves this song, but I didn't like it quite as much as everyone else. Still a good song though.
13. Bowser's Castle 2 (Bowser's Kingdom) - A pretty good song, but not as good as Bowser Castle 1 in my opinion.
12. Bubblaine (Seaside Kingdom) - I had a lot of trouble deciding whether this, New Donk City, or the current number ten spot would be at number ten. Obviously, the one that's at number ten won out (I won't say it here in case you're reading this first).
11. New Donk City Daytime (Metro Kingdom)

So, what are your favorite Super Mario Odyssey songs? Please share your thoughts and once again, thanks to all for reading and commenting on my sections!

I don't even like Break Free, Lead the Way that much. Maybe at first, it sounds cool, but after repeated listenings, I really feel like the song could use a lot more energy, because compared to songs I'm used to (say, in the Persona games or Initial D), the singer sounds a bit lifeless.

Jump Up Superstar is pretty cool though.

Metro Kingdom is still my favorite piece in the game.

Why wasn’t Steam Gardens on the list? *captures Luigi 64DD and jumps off a cliff*

And Fossil Falls is absent from the list too? It was better than Jump Up, Super Star will ever be!

And where is Honeylune Ridge?

At least Bowser Battle 2 was on the list.

And I don’t much care for Pauline’s songs (or love songs in general, really).

Eh, I'd rather take jazzy vocal song thing over "Good Egg Galaxy orchestra music #72389743298729"

I’ll have to say, a lot of my favorite songs from the game imo were not on this list, but who am I to blame you, Jump up Super Star blew us all away when we heard it in the trailer.

Not saying I particularly like the song that much, I do think it’s kinda overrated, as I prefer Bowser's Castle 2, Tostarena Ruins, Fossil Falls and Steam Gardens, but opinions opinions it is.

IDK, Fossil Falls just never quite struck me enough for me to like it that much. And of course, I knew not putting Steam Gardens on there would be unpopular. :lol:

I will say I felt a liiiitle unsure about whether to put the lyrical songs at the top, but that's what I ended up doing, so yeah.

Back