Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really like this and i'm glad there's finally variety with the mario characters. they should keep doing this

More games in general should let us play dress up with our favorite Mario characters. :>

Hell, I like hideous outfits too. Bring on the poor fashion sense.

Option 2. New outfits are welcome all the time, but losing the classic outfits? Not a fan of that. Have all outfits as variants for characters in later games.

New poll!

What is your opinion on Paper Mario: The Origami King's new ring-based battle system?
  • I enjoy this new battle system, both against normal enemies and bosses, and I hope that it is still present in future Paper Mario games.
  • Overall, this ring-based system is fine, but improvements on it should be made.
  • While I like this ring-based battle system against bosses, I feel that battles against regular enemies should change.
  • Combat against regular enemies is fun, but combat against bosses is not.
  • I enjoy the new battle system but I do not think it should return in future Paper Mario games.
  • I dislike this new ring-based battle system, and I hope that future Paper Mario games adopt a different formula.
  • I have not played Paper Mario: The Origami King, and thus, have no opinion.

Personally? I adored ToK's boss battles. They were a highlight of the game, and quite the fun experiences. The regular battles, though? The ring gimmick became repetitive quickly, and felt like more work than the battles were worth.

Haven't played Origami King so derp.

I haven't played the game yet, so this is an outside-viewer's perspective.

I think the ring battle is an interesting mechanic and a neat idea to shake things up. I like when people meet old concepts with new ideas. The rings look like they work perfectly with the bosses, turning a battle mechanic into something of a puzzle game, which changes depending on what boss you are facing.

The regular battles, however, seem like a waste of time. While the first couple of battles with any new enemy might be interesting, I can see the battles becoming very repetitive very quickly. I suppose that's a common element in RPGs, but there's usually some sort of reward for beating up the bad guys. Here, you just get the same thing you would pretty much anywhere, which is the same problem I had with Sticker Star.

Maybe if the regular battles offered different puzzles based on the enemy you face, and gave out better rewards that make the battle worth your time, I wouldn't feel like they are completely unnecessary.

Haven't played Origami King yet but the new battle system looks really fun! Don't mind the "no exp" thing either--I quite enjoyed Sticker Star's battles so I don't see this being any different.

It's not so much the "no exp" point, it's the "no anything special" point. The battles themselves are interesting, but if there's nothing you get from them that is any different from what you get by traveling the field, then what's the point of the battles? In Sticker Star, the battles themselves are great, but you waste stickers by battling when you would need them for bosses, and your strength or skills don't really improve any from the regular battles.

I mentioned this to Pitohui the other day in Roserade's Discord: There's an item in Origami King called a MAX UP Heart. They increase Mario's HP by 5, 10, or 20, and also increase the amount of damage Mario can do. Imagine if this was tied into the battle system, with the number of battles you complete equaling what HP Heart you can collect. You can choose to get low boosts quickly or large boosts slowly. The main problem I mean is the battles lack any sort of incentive for battling rather than just "Hey, look at this neat thing!"

The ring based battle system can get boring on both Boss and Normal Battles, so I'm not really a big fan, but I still enjoy it at times.

It's not so much the "no exp" point, it's the "no anything special" point. The battles themselves are interesting, but if there's nothing you get from them that is any different from what you get by traveling the field, then what's the point of the battles? In Sticker Star, the battles themselves are great, but you waste stickers by battling when you would need them for bosses, and your strength or skills don't really improve any from the regular battles.

I mentioned this to Pitohui the other day in Roserade's Discord: There's an item in Origami King called a MAX UP Heart. They increase Mario's HP by 5, 10, or 20, and also increase the amount of damage Mario can do. Imagine if this was tied into the battle system, with the number of battles you complete equaling what HP Heart you can collect. You can choose to get low boosts quickly or large boosts slowly. The main problem I mean is the battles lack any sort of incentive for battling rather than just "Hey, look at this neat thing!"
I mean personally I just don't question the point of battles and I just do them anyway, since...otherwise you're kinda not really playing the game, y'know? I understand that battle incentive is important, but the lack of it really doesn't affect my personal experience a whole lot.

If the battles weren't fun that'd be another story, but Sticker Star's battles were fun enough to keep me going, and I'd probably feel the same way about Origami King.

Not played Origami King, and I don't intend to, but from what I seen from various gameplay videos, the battle system really seems boring and too slow for my taste (both enemies and bosses), and you win nothing from wasting your time fighting regular enemies, which makes things even worse.

Reactions: JC.
Nope.
As someone who can't deal with sliding-type puzzles like Rubik's cubes etc. I just found them tedious. Doesn't help that battles are pointless again anyway, so I just avoid them altogether.

It was fine for what it was, but i hated the time limit and would prefer the classic RPG battle system from PM and TTYD to come back and evolve from there instead of yet another "INNOVATIVE NEW SYSTEM"

They're timed???
yup, but imo it doesn't seem that lenient (think it's like a minute, and you can pay coins to extend it.) idk i've never played the game myself, but having watched her streams i wouldn't say it's strict but she seems to be struggling with it a little

A tad late, but, please, have a new poll for your perusal!

What is your opinion on LEGO Super Mario?
  1. I like the sets, and I hope that LEGO and Nintendo will release more sets in the future.
  2. I like the sets, but I think that LEGO shouldn't release any more sets after this wave.
  3. I would have enjoyed the sets, but they are too expensive.
  4. I would have enjoyed the sets if they had been released alongside traditional minifigure-scale sets.
  5. I think that the sets should have been replaced with traditional sets.
  6. I preferred the sets released by K'NEX when they had the license.
  7. I think that Mario shouldn't have any LEGO or K'NEX sets released.
  8. I don't have an opinion.

Personally? I don't have any strong feelings about this one, but I suppose it's cool to see them branching out.

If they were instead made more like Bionicles, then yeah!

Option 3. I like the sets a lot, but they might be too expensive for some to afford. Especially since the sets don't include paper instructions and requires an app to work.

I would have enjoyed the sets if they had been released alongside traditional minifigure-scale sets.

This one. I was pretty disappointed their first crossover product was gimmicky nonsense than the traditional minifigure-scale sets, what most people were expecting for an official crossover. Like, I would have preferred something like this instead.

1fdb8654373559.59591c781b292.jpeg

or

images

This one. I was pretty disappointed their first crossover product was gimmicky nonsense than the traditional minifigure-scale sets, what most people were expecting for an official crossover. Like, I would have preferred something like this instead.

1fdb8654373559.59591c781b292.jpeg

or

images
That first one just looks wrong, I know other minifigures have those proportions but it doesn't work for Mario. The second one actually looks really cool though.

Anyway I voted Option 1, I don't have the set but it looks really cool and I'd love to see more Lego Nintendo sets (cough cough Kirby)

I don't have the set (I'm not paying upwards of $300 for a whole collection, plus app downloads) and I don't think I ever will. So, either O3 or the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back