Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Option 2 for me.

I love Breath of the Wild so much that I wish there was more content to replay it again and again, but this game also has a greater impact than Odyssey, so it deserves to be the game of the year. I like Odyssey as well and I consider it better than other nominees.

There's no "I think both BotW and SMO are good games and I would have been happy for either of them to win" option.

Honestly it doesn't matter to me either way, I think they're both equally great games.

Yeah, I don't really care. Not like I really have room too care. I haven't played either game at all. I lack a Switch, and playing BotW via Wii U kinda feels inferior, because if I'm gonna get a Switch, I might as well get BotW from there.

The Poll Committee is doing something very special this time around; a community survey!

As stated in the introduction message, this is an opportunity for you to provide feedback on various aspects of the community. I'd like to personally thank 2257 and Turboo in helping set this up!

Please post all thoughts, comments, and criticisms regarding the survey here, and we will try our best to address them. I'd also like to reiterate welcoming Fun With Despair onto our team for the remainder of the 8th Poll Committee's term; congratulations!

Thank you for your participation in this new endeavor for us, and have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year! :bowser: :bowser: :bowser: :bowser: :bowser:

I don't know if it's because of an ad block/u block/ghostery extension but that Begin button the poll currently displays doesn't even work on my end.

I'm using Firefox. I temporarily disabled ad block and u block and it still doesn't work.

It does work on Google Chrome, so I'm guessing it's probably some extension I have installed (or not installed), but I feel like the buttons are a bit glitchy. The cursor turns into a text bar icon when hovering over the buttons and it doesn't give visual feedback when you click on them.

Lord Bowser said:
new poll!

Super Mario Odyssey was nominated for Game of the Year 2017 at the Game Awards, but lost to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Do you agree with this result?
  • I fully agree. Breath of the Wild and the other nominees were more deserving than Super Mario Odyssey was.
  • I think Breath of the Wild deserved it more than Super Mario Odyssey, but SMO was still better than the other nominees.
  • I feel that Super Mario Odyssey deserved it more than Breath of the Wild, but I don't mind the result.
  • I feel that a different nominee deserved it more than Breath of the Wild, but I don't mind the result.
  • I strongly disagree. Super Mario Odyssey was the best nominee and definitely should've won the award.
  • I disagree with the result, but I feel a different nominee entirely should've won the award.
  • I have no opinion on the matter.
I don't really pay attention to awards ceremonies (bar ours), so I don't really care.

i'm glad everyone is enjoying the ending. that's actually been on the awards polls for two years now, but for some reason it seems like nobody ever noticed until now. i guess people just prefer filling out the awards polls on the anniversary page, instead of the main page?

Baby Luigi said:
that Begin button the poll currently displays doesn't even work on my end.

i can't replicate this on firefox. does it still happen if you restart?

Baby Luigi said:
The cursor turns into a text bar icon when hovering over the buttons and it doesn't give visual feedback when you click on them.

this is actually just how polldaddy is but i can override it if its annoying you

Apparently not. I guess if I just really want to, I'd go on Chrome to take the poll. Does anyone else have issues?

And yes, please override the polldaddy thing. Would improve poll functionality.

well, i changed the buttons so that now they make the cursor into a hand and also visually depress when you click them

which i guess doesn't help that much if you cant actually bring the poll up. you're not on an old version of firefox, are you? i only tested it on 57.0.1. i could also go through all your extensions and see if i can replicate it by installing any of them, if you give me a list of the ones you have installed

the funny thing is, the poll button does actually work and it depresses.

it's just that it doesn't want to rotate to the next poll. despite the rotating functionality working perfectly initially.

i should be on the latest version of firefox, i always update it.

if you can't fix it, it's not a big deal. it might be just a problem from just my end or i have some extension blocking it or whatever.

these are my add-ons in case you are wondering

adblock plus
duckduckgo plus
forecast fox (fix version)
ghostery
show/hide passwords
ublock origin
video download helper
wot: web of trust

ok, after some testing i've determined that the extension "duckduckgo plus" is causing the problem. it blocks scripts from the domain s3.polldaddy.com from loading, because that domain is classified as "analytics". as far as i know, loading a script from this domain is unavoidable, since the polls are hosted through polldaddy. do you normally have to disable that extension to vote in polldaddy polls? (all the polls that appear on the main page from both the poll committee and the awards committee are served through polldaddy, if you didn't know). either way, i added an error message when the script fails to load, so hopefully it will not confuse future users

this actually is a big deal to me. sorry if that's weird or annoying, but since this script is serving the polls on the main page for a significant part of each year, i want it to provide the best possible user experience

2257 said:
ok, after some testing i've determined that the extension "duckduckgo plus" is causing the problem. it blocks scripts from the domain s3.polldaddy.com from loading, because that domain is classified as "analytics". as far as i know, loading a script from this domain is unavoidable, since the polls are hosted through polldaddy. do you normally have to disable that extension to vote in polldaddy polls? (all the polls that appear on the main page from both the poll committee and the awards committee are served through polldaddy, if you didn't know). either way, i added an error message when the script fails to load, so hopefully it will not confuse future users

this actually is a big deal to me. sorry if that's weird or annoying, but since this script is serving the polls on the main page for a significant part of each year, i want it to provide the best possible user experience

all right, thanks a lot for inspecting the problem. i think it also disables other polls from loading but i assumed it was with an updated adblock or ublock so i didn't bother turning that off until recently when i wanted to answer the poll again.

and now we go back to normal. thanks for everyone's participation in our survey! :bowser:

new poll!

How do you feel about Nintendo's new Super Mario Cereal?
*It's great! I really like both the cereal and the amiibo function.
*I only like the cereal and don't care about the amiibo function.
*I only like the amiibo function and don't care about the cereal.
*I don't really like the idea at all.
*I have no opinion.

i wanna try the cereal but i havent been able to get my hands on it yet rip
i dont really care about the amiibo much

I wish I could get these cereals, but the Super Mario Cereal is not coming to Canada. Too bad. So, I don't have an opinion on this. But, the amiibo function on a cereal box seems interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back