Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
My phone hasn't had enough storage to download a new game for months, so I've never played it. When I get my new phone, hopefully by the end of the month, I might look into it.

Which is your favorite Battle Mode in the Mario Kart series?
*Balloon Battle
*Shine Thief
*Bob-omb Blast
*Shine Runners
*Coin Runners
*Renegade Roundup

Definitely Balloon Battle, though of the pre-Mario Kart Wii kind. Battling for points is fun, but battling to the death is even more satisfying. ;D Runner-up is Bob-omb Blast.

Can't say I've played Bob-omb Blast or Renegade Roundup, but Mario Kart DS's Balloon Battle can't be beat.

*Shine Runners

When I started writing this, I thought Shine Runners wasn't on there, so I was going to vote Coin Runners. After making my vote, I noticed Shine Runners on the options, so I voted for that.

Classic Balloon Battle, as always.

The battle modes I've had the most fun with are MK64's Balloon Battle, MK:DD's Bob-omb Blast, and MK8D's Renegade Roundup, so I dunno which to vote for.

What item from the platforming Mario games would you like to see reused in future Mario Kart titles?
*Gold Flower, showering everyone with coins.
*Double Cherry, creating more Karts.
*Hammers, for throwing them at your foes.
*Super Bell, turning you into a cat.
*Rock Mushroom, crushing your enemies.
*Cloud Flower, so you can traverse over pits.
*I'd like a different item.

Of the ones given, I voted for Hammers. I imagine they'd be thrown in an arc and bounce along the ground for a bit before disappearing, causing whoever they hit to spin out.

I'd also like to see the Ice Flower. Less shots than the Fire Flower, but they will freeze anyone the Iceballs come into contact with for a short time.

The Cloud Flower is a really cool idea, but it'd be very awkward to try to implement it, so my vote goes to Hammer.

I think the Double Cherry would be interesting, so I voted for that.

I feel like Hammers would be a neat concept, it could work like a green shell that arks in the air. it'd be more of a skill shot but if you can be in 3rd place and hit 1st with it that'd be sweet

So a Hammer thrown forward would act like a more powerful forward banana that keeps moving once it lands? I'd be down, I enjoy banana-sniping people out of the air in glider sections lol

I honestly had the opposite dilemma. The Cloud Flower would be unique, but if you fell into a pit and then created a platform, you wouldn't be able to get out unless the platform had a ramp. The Hammer would be unique, but having it bounce around for a bit may cause too much of a disturbance. The Ice Flower would be unique, but could be overpowered. All of the items are cool ideas, but efficiently incorporating them into a Mario Kart game would be very difficult, sans maybe the Gold Flower.

The Cloud Flower would be unique, but if you fell into a pit and then created a platform, you wouldn't be able to get out unless the platform had a ramp.
i feel it would be more like upon use, it would automatically make clouds on potholes as you approach them, doing it up to three times. if you straight up drive off of the road it wouldnt do anything

The Hammer would be unique, but having it bounce around for a bit may cause too much of a disturbance.
i imagine it working similar to the fire flower, except only one projectile, does more damage, and lasts a bit longer

The Ice Flower would be unique, but could be overpowered.
make it one of those low-place items then, like the star and bulllet bill

Double cherry
just keep adding mario's to the field
like a shit ton of mario's

*Rock Mushroom, crushing your foes.

I think this item could work, the ball will roll around the track crushing your opponents. I don't see it being good if you were inside it outside of Battle Mode, so you would throw it, and watch it roll and crush your foes.

It was close between the Rock Mushroom and the Cloud Flower, but in the end I felt the Rock Mushroom sounds better.

Woo, double post!

Do you have the MarioWiki Main Page bookmarked?
*Yes, I have the MarioWiki Main Page bookmarked.
*No, but other facets of the wiki are set as my bookmarks (articles, the forum, etc.).
*No, I do not have the MarioWiki Main Page bookmarked.

Yes, I do. I visit this place often, so it'd be tedious to type the name into the search bar every time :P

It isn't bookmarked, but I visit it often enough that it instantly pops up when I open a new tab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back