Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am mostly neutral to the remake, having experienced the original already. Therefore, the most obvious pick for me has to be the addition of Bowser's Minions.

Thank you for reading.

i voted for its updated soundtrack because i want to hear the sweet final boss theme remix and also more good vgm to add to my collection

New poll!

In what direction would you like to see the Mario series continue?
*More core games with less focus on spin-offs.
*More spin-offs with fewer core games.
*Having more crossovers with other franchises.
*Introducing new series of games with new ideas.
*Other.
*I don't have a preference.

Also, I'd like to take a moment to share with you our Awards Analysis (The 'Shroom:Issue 126/Awards Analysis) project in The 'Shroom, where we discussed the Mario and Fail Awards results from this year. Please check it out and leave any comments or feedback here! Thank you!

IDK about this poll. I have reservations.

Spinoffs and crossovers heavily overlap and more crossovers generally mean a new series of games with new ideas.

There are multiple choices here that I won't say I have no preference, but if I can choose multiple, I would choose more spinoffs, crossvers and new series. Basically all three except for more core Mario games. The reason for this is my interest in more series spanning from the Mario series, which I feel is the best way to go as the core series is already titles with long lifespans, so there's no need for more core games. Super Mario Odyssey and perhaps a new take in 2D Mario is great enough to last a while.

Ultimately, I chose "Introducing new series of games with new ideas" because this seems like the best compromise for what I would prefer.

Thank you for reading.

Admittedly, I'm kind of happy with how everything is, and I couldn't see that option, so I picked Other.

What good is it if they focus on spin-offs/core series titles more than the other if they're simply not fun? I don't have a preference; I just want them to be good, fun games.

I want less main series crap and more spin-off bullcrap.

I have no particular preference, as long as there is a healthy mix of both I'm happy. :mario: :luigi:

I like the sound of new series with new ideas. It would be nice if existing series were livened up like Odyssey is doing, though.

new poll! sorry for being a bit late :P

What is your opinion on crossover characters joining Mario games, such as the Inklings from Splatoon appearing in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?
  • Crossover characters are great! I enjoy seeing characters from other series interacting with Mario characters.
  • I'm fine with having crossover characters, as long as they're not used too often and don't replace our main Mario characters.
  • Including crossover characters is a terrible idea, and Mario games should stick to only including Mario characters.
  • I have no opinion.

i like crossovers and i wanna see more of them as long as they arent unholy like the rabbids

...or like sonic x hooters according to 2257

I think they're fine in games that are meant to be crossovers, like Smash Bros. But in the Mario games, especially the ones that were originally meant to be a sizable playable roster of Mario characters, I think they have quite a ways to go before the Marioverse has been exhausted to the point of moving to other franchises.

tbh I find the poll options to be really derpy.

Like, this phrase from the second option "don't replace our main Mario characters." it sounds off

The last option sounds really extreme regarding how it's a "terrible idea". A little bit too extreme for my tastes.

I'd I'm between option one and two, as I think they're great, but I don't want them to replace the main characters. Even if it's Link or Isabelle we're talking about.

I picked 'I'm fine', because it would be just slightly strange if the entire roster was replaced with non-Mario characters.

i don't mind having characters from other series as long as they don't go overboard with it. so i guess im closest to option 2
like for mario kart i wouldn't add any more non-mario characters to it than there are now unless you got rid of some of the ones you already have. it's a nice novelty to have guest characters but for any established mario subseries the focus should still be majorly on the mario characters and universe
of course if its a game where the crossover was intended from the begining and built around that concept (like mario x rabbids) that's a completely different story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back