Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
you triple posted, and all three posts were terrible

2257 said:
And your point?
Plus, we're suppossed to talk about SMBDX, not games that are supposedly better (which btw is impossible for the GBC).

Let conversations naturally progress. Strictly railroading everyone isn't particularly fun.

SuperDoom said:
Yes, Baby Luigi. A character that couldn't really exist as Yoshi's Island (which by the way is okay) through Yoshi's New Island already happened.

I don't care, that's more I can ask for, is it not?

SuperDoom said:
2257 said:
And your point?
Plus, we're suppossed to talk about SMBDX, not games that are supposedly better (which btw is impossible for the GBC).

I love how you said "we're supposed to stay on topic" while simultaneously breaking consecutive posting rules.

SuperDoom said:
Jagi said:
SuperDoom said:
Salazzle said:
Jagi said:
Lol Super Mario Bros. isn't even that good of a game
now Super Mario Land there's a Mario game you could bring home to your mother.
I can't like this post enough.
Both of you, didn't you read the edit?
Also, Super Mario Land is monochrome, short, and lacking in extras.
Does Mario ride a submarine in SMB? Does he fight a gaggle of chickens while riding in the legendary sky vessel the sky pop?
Does Mario have color in SML? Does he breathe underwater while somehow being able to shoot fireballs at the same time and break the laws of physics?

Not one of these is something that is unique to SMBDX. Hell you could say the exact statements about the original SMB. Meanwhile, SML still has a lot more that SMBDX doesn't. Like how about exploding Koopas? How about an ancient Chinese temple? How about the things already mentioned like a submarine or a spaceship?

If you're going to argue that SMBDX is the best of the best in terms of Game Boy games, you're going to need better reasoning than that.

smbdx was just a port of smb, with like two new things added onto it
meanwhile sml was a brand new, original game, with locations, powerups, and enemies that were never before seen in a mario game by the players
which one do you think more people would like?

While we're at it lets point out the fact the SMBDX was released in 1999, 10 years later after Super Mario Land.

Lord Bowser said:
meanwhile sml was a brand new, original game, with locations, powerups, and enemies that were never before seen in a mario game by the players
Plus one of the best songs in the entire Mario franchise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkMZx8M8Bng

Lord Bowser said:
The ability to play your favorite console game wherever, whenever.
AKA the actually decently long one.
BACK TO THE ACTUAL TOPIC

Baby Luigi said:
SuperDoom said:
Yes, Baby Luigi. A character that couldn't really exist as Yoshi's Island (which by the way is okay) through Yoshi's New Island already happened.

I don't care, that's more I can ask for, is it not?
Yes. But you know I can hack it and put Baby Luigi in.

Meta Knight said:
SuperDoom said:
Jagi said:
SuperDoom said:
Salazzle said:
Jagi said:
Lol Super Mario Bros. isn't even that good of a game
now Super Mario Land there's a Mario game you could bring home to your mother.
I can't like this post enough.
Both of you, didn't you read the edit?
Also, Super Mario Land is monochrome, short, and lacking in extras.
Does Mario ride a submarine in SMB? Does he fight a gaggle of chickens while riding in the legendary sky vessel the sky pop?
Does Mario have color in SML? Does he breathe underwater while somehow being able to shoot fireballs at the same time and break the laws of physics?

Not one of these is something that is unique to SMBDX. Hell you could say the exact statements about the original SMB. Meanwhile, SML still has a lot more that SMBDX doesn't. Like how about exploding Koopas? How about an ancient Chinese temple? How about the things already mentioned like a submarine or a spaceship?

If you're going to argue that SMBDX is the best of the best in terms of Game Boy games, you're going to need better reasoning than that.
SMBDX is a remake OF SMB and Lost Levels, so of course those will be there.

#INeedToStopTriPosting

SuperDoom said:
Lord Bowser said:
BACK TO THE ACTUAL TOPIC
it may be your favorite console game but that does not at all mean it's everyone else's...
also dude just put all of your replies in one post

Lord Bowser said:
SuperDoom said:
Lord Bowser said:
BACK TO THE ACTUAL TOPIC
it may be your favorite console game but that does not at all mean it's everyone else's...
It's not. I was just saying, how else were you going to play a full NES game when going grocery shopping back then?
ROMhacking wasn't a thing and smartphones were camera phones with texting (I think). The closest you could get was probably Donkey Kong '94, and even then, you had BLACK and GREEN.

SuperDoom said:
Lord Bowser said:
SuperDoom said:
Lord Bowser said:
BACK TO THE ACTUAL TOPIC
It's not. I was just saying, how else were you going to play a full NES game when going grocery shopping back then?
ROMhacking wasn't a thing and smartphones were camera phones with texting (I think). The closest you could get was probably Donkey Kong '94, and even then, you had BLACK and GREEN.

you could just play a game boy game.

You know, that's why you have a game boy, to play a game boy game. Why do you have to play an NES game on it?

Meta Knight said:
you could just play a game boy game.

You know, that's why you have a game boy, to play a game boy game. Why do you have to play an NES game on it?
[quote author=Meta Knight]you could just keep the Switch on the dock.

You know, that's why you have a Switch dock, to play a Switch game on your TV. Why do you have to take it out?[/quote]
Answer: Because I can play awesome console games on a handheld.

1) the switch and the game boy are two COMPLETELY different things
2) the game boy has game boy games, the nes has nes games. there's no need to mix them just for the sake of having nes games being portable
3) dude omg chill with the multiposting

If you want replies, make good interesting content people will want to interract with.

Lord Bowser said:
1) the switch and the game boy are two COMPLETELY different things
2) the game boy has game boy games, the nes has nes games. there's no need to mix them just for the sake of having nes games being portable
1. Ahem, Super Game Boy.
2. The same could be said about VC.
3. Mods allow OP to do it.
Glowsquid said:
If you want replies, make good interesting content people will want to interract with.
SMBDX is good, interesting content people will want to interract with.
(Happoy now, Bowser and Luigi?

this conversation is just a waste of time at this point so i will leave you with this.

[quote author=rule 7]
No double posting within 3 days. If somebody hasn't posted after your post and you need to add something, simply edit your existing post. This only applies if it wasn't because of lag. Double-posting is, however, allowed when adding to project or news threads (but try to edit instead if possible).
[/quote]

i'm sure glowsquid up there could help you with the rules better.

SuperDoom said:
Lord Bowser said:
3. Mods allow OP to do it.

Rules said:
No double posting within 3 days. If somebody hasn't posted after your post and you need to add something, simply edit your existing post. This only applies if it wasn't because of lag. Double-posting is, however, allowed when adding to project or news threads (but try to edit instead if possible).

nick-young-confused-face.jpg

Lord Bowser said:
this conversation is just a waste of time at this point so i will leave you with this.

[quote author=rule 7]

i'm sure glowsquid up there could help you with the rules better.
[/quote]*gulp*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back