• Toadette

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Luma

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Petey Piranha

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Metal Mario

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Pink Gold Peach (Pick this I dare you)

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Baby Peach

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Baby Daisy

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Nabbit

• Wiggler

• Mii

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
I'd say lame but I like Dry Bowser so I'm no position to deride it.

Also, there seems to be no Mario like or dream like locations...again. The Horse Racing has 12 courses with 4 areas. And Tennis has no special courts :(

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash signaled the end of the Wii U...this will signal the end of the 3DS :(

DejiHime said:
Also, there seems to be no Mario like or dream like locations...again. The Horse Racing has 12 courses with 4 areas. And Tennis has no special courts :(

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash signaled the end of the Wii U...this will signal the end of the 3DS :(

This game at least has an excuse for it.

DejiHime said:
Metal Mario....what a useless character. I hope the HD version give us more babies.

I know I'll regret 4chan memeing but.

>calls Metal Mario useless character
>Wants other useless characters.

Fresh Bowser said:
I really hope they don't go with Pink Gold Peach. Metal Mario at least makes sense as a Mario 64 callback. PGP is just lazy.
I don't know about lazy. Pink Gold Peach is at least unique in how utterly stupid and useless of a character she is. If they wanted to be lazy, they would have just given us another baby.

Still, I don't think Pink Gold Peach will be coming back for this game just because of Metal Mario. Yeah, most of the characters can be paired up, but Boo and Rosalina? And neither of them fit all that well with Metal Mario either. It could be anybody.

Baby Luigi said:
DejiHime said:
Metal Mario....what a useless character. I hope the HD version give us more babies.

I know I'll regret 4chan memeing but.

>calls Metal Mario useless character
>Wants other useless characters.

To me , this is a bigger issue when people throw PGP under the bus and still are ok with Metal Mario.

Either all are ok , or none of them are.

It's pretty hypocritical to pretend they are far from each other. Metallic versions of 2 characters and have different voices to match it.

Same fucking thing.

Besides, if Pink Gold Peach did come, wouldn't that throw type balancing totally off whack? Unless they made Pink Gold Peach a speed character or something instead of yet another power character.

Metal Mario can sorta fit with Rosalina because Rosalina's one of Metal Mario's permanent rivals in Mario Kart 7 along with Bowser.

Also, Metal Mario is heavy Mario. Rosalina is heavy Peach.

But I don't see partnering going anywhere because there is really no reason to assign "partners" to people. Mario Tennis Open didn't have any sort of assigned partners since they used a system where they used multiple partners (like pairing Mario with Luigi, Peach, or (sigh) Yoshi).

You don't dictate how I handle pairings.

Swiftie_Luma said:
To me , this is a bigger issue when people throw Daisy under the bus and still are ok with Rosalina.

Either all are ok , or none of them are.

It's pretty hypocritical to pretend they are far from each other. Counterparts to Princess Peach from another land who are often romantically paired with Luigi by fans.

Same fucking thing.
See what I did there?

Well , i think that's beyond obvious.

Anyway , Metal Mario is a non factor , even more now that pretty much the rest of the characters are totally fine.

Wonder who would be the last addition.

Still hopping for Toadette-

See what I did there?

Except Rosalina is not a counterpart to Peach?

Daisy has been LITERALLY described to be one , and acts like one as she is often noted for her so called contrast to her ''blond counterpart'' as described usually.

Daisy is not a clone , neither is Rosalina. Metal Mario is , and so is PGP.

It's clearly not the same case , stop pushing it.

Add Toadette and this game will have the best base roster (Toad is already technically playable). All other Mario spin-offs should follow this standard.

Metal Mario came first and has a niche in being that he's a petite heavyweight, and he's also been here since Smash Bros., being Mario's rival. While that "evil twin" trope has been done to death, and I'm fully aware of that, I still admit Metal Mario might not be the best choice for a diverse roster, but he's not completely pointless. Pink Gold Peach IS pretty pointless (no gameplay roles, no history of being a standalone character), and I find it annoying that Metal Mario's getting tied with her, like people are expecting her to tag along Metal Mario, rather than being a standalone. If Metal Mario needs a someone that makes sense (being a ripoff rival), just make it something like Shadow Mario or Gold Mario or Dark Bowser or even Dry Bowser or Shadow Queen Peach or whatever.

Why people are so attached to previous appearences is beyond me.

How does it matter if Metal Mario appeared before as a power up in another game pre-MK

Does it give you a free game????

Does he gets a stat boost for appearing in whatever game before?

Do you get some kind of prize for this?

Does it even make him any LESS Clone-ish than PGP?

Does anybody even cares about this when they boot the game and start playing even though none of this affects ANY ASPECT of the game???

Answer to all : Nope.

Same old dead horse argument into trying to excuse clones like Metal Mario and Dry Bowser.

Now that's kind sad.

Who knows, maybe Metal Mario, and perhaps Pink Gold Peach may get their own character type in this game instead of power, speed etc.

Previous appearances matter because they help establish a character and their roles. Metal Mario had a history behind him, starting as a powerup, but later appearing as a rival in Smash Bros. (twice) and then playable in Mario Golf and Dr. Mario 64. I don't think your opinion of Rosalina would be as high if she debuted in Mario Kart 8 and people would just call her another Peach clone with a different hairstyle. She may grow on to you, but that's what I think initial impressions are: negative. Pink Gold Peach had nothing going for her, so she appeared as if she was made up on the spot. Pink Gold Peach (while Metal Mario has some reasons to be here, not strong ones, but still reasons) has no reason to exist and is entirely dependent on Metal Mario's presence because she is nothing without him. Maybe Pink Gold Peach will get more of an identity in the future, but as it is, she's the quintessential filler character, along with Baby Rosalina.

i honestly dont care if Metal Mario is included.

I follow BLOF rule for this one and just DONT play as him

Simple as that.

However trying to crucify PGP because it just so happens her debut in MK8 is bullshit , and everybody knows it.

This is one of those moments in which people hate for the sake of jumping in the badnwagon , and i literally roll my eyes so hard i can see my insides.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I follow BLOF rule for this one and just DONT play as him

Simple as that.

Heeheeheehee, welcome to the school of not giving a fuck

If the Metal powerup returns in a future Mario game, and Peach is playable in it, Pink Gold Peach can work but I think that's very unlikely to happen.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Previous appearances matter because they help establish a character and their roles. Metal Mario had a history behind him, starting as a powerup, but later appearing as a rival in Smash Bros. (twice) and then playable in Mario Golf and Dr. Mario 64. I don't think your opinion of Rosalina would be as high if she debuted in Mario Kart 8 and people would just call her another Peach clone with a different hairstyle. She may grow on to you, but that's what I think initial impressions are: negative. Pink Gold Peach had nothing going for her, so she appeared as if she was made up on the spot. Pink Gold Peach (while Metal Mario has some reasons to be here, not strong ones, but still reasons) has no reason to exist and is entirely dependent on Metal Mario's presence because she is nothing without him. Maybe Pink Gold Peach will get more of an identity in the future, but as it is, she's the quintessential filler character, along with Baby Rosalina.

I get where you are coming from.

But you are making it sound like in the appearences Metal Mario has got , his role has been DRAMATICALLY expanded or even giving him some sort of identiy which is a huge lie.

His debut? Literally a power up , and literally a palette swap for Mario.

His first playable appearence? Literally a carbon copy of Mario , no uniqueness besides stats.

The only thing they have truly ever done to make Metal Mario feel more unique , besides the stat change is when they decided to filter his voice in MK7.

Wann know who also has this particular filter?

Exactly.

"Uniqueness" isn't really a huge thing in Mario games, especially compared to Super Smash Bros. where EVERY character is unique possibly except Pit and Dark Pit, when none of the characters in Mario Kart are truly unique in stats (where Metal Mario ironically is unique in Mario Kart 7 where he has a medium frame with heavy stats, a trait literally no one else shares). To say that being unique means that characters should have their own models is a contrived way to stretch to intentionally exclude Metal Mario. Finally, there is hardly anything that is "unique" in these Mario games as the vast majority of characters are based on an existing one.

He does have an identity, though, as given in the reasons he has his own wiki page (mainly official bios heavily implying it and also similar reasons we give Dry Bowser his own page when he started as a form of Bowser; this also includes bios). And they've done a few things to make Metal Mario slightly more of his own character, mainly by his voice effects. Particularly in Mario Kart 8, where he says "Mia mama" and "papa" which sound less like something Mario in mere metallic clothes would say and more like a rival of Mario would say.

Note that I've never brought up how "unique" Metal Mario is, but argued that he has somewhat of an identity while Pink Gold Peach has less of an identity and less of a reason to exist than him.

I don't think I've tried to implied that he got major role expansion, but just that he has some history with the Mario universe, which gives him a slight edge, not that much, but still an edge over Pink Gold Peach.

Back