Is Birdo a bird or a dinosaur?

Birdo is a pterodactyloid.

I think I saw somewhere on the wiki that she is a dinosaur that "resembles a bird".

She doesn't really look like one, but maybe there are some traits she shares with birds, like the fact that she "lays eggs", but that's something every bird/reptile/insect would do.

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
Can't it be both?
It is technically impossible to be be a bird but not a dinosaur, but birdo is descendant from a flyer taller than humans, and is therefore a pterodactyloid

https://www.quora.com/Are-birds-dinosaurs-Is-this-idea-credible-accepted-in-the-scientific-community

Perhaps so since birds came from dinosaurs.
Looking at the start of this thread, last time someone said that, it ended up with a small creationist vs. evolutionist debate.
But yes, she could be both.

Mister Apple said:
Looking at the start of this thread, last time someone said that, it ended up with a small creationist vs. evolutionist debate.
But yes, she could be both.
Birdo is probably the character surrounded by the most controversy of the Mario franchise.

Actually, birds are currently considered dinosaurs, with the "former" dinosaurs now known as non-avian dinosaurs.
No need for a debate over evolution, we are talking about present-day dinosaurs!

No need for a debate over evolution, we are talking about present-day dinosaurs!
I agree with you that there is no need for a debate (and also that your facts are right), but it still happened, check the start of the thread.

Back