2016 in review.

Stargazing said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
IDK it varies within 4 hours.
i thought in america it was 3 and in canada it's 4.5 (because one of the provinces decided to add half an hour to their time)

On the continental US there's 4 time zones, Pacific, Mountain, Central, and Eastern.

Right now in Seattle (PDT) it's 3:10pm, and as you move eastward each time zone it goes up one hour (Mountain is 4:10, Central is 6:10, Eastern is 7:10).

Of course pretty sure Alaska (UTC-9) and Hawaii (UTC-10) have their own time zones as well so really the US has 6 time zones.

Counting all US Territory, there's Samoa Time, Hawaii-Aleutian Time, Alaska Time, Pacific Time, Mountain Time, Central Time, Eastern Time, Atlantic Standard Time, and Chamorro Time.

Stargazing said:
i wasn't expecting there to be about 10 us timezones, thank you though!
Well that's counting every piece of US Territory (even then, I left out two unofficial US time zones). If we're just counting states, there's only six (Hawaii-Aleutian, Alaska, Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern). The others cover Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, and other assorted islands and atolls in the Pacific Ocean.

I hope we have a great year and not a terrible one.

6 hours left.

I think 2017 is going to be a long year smh.

2 hours left for me in Canada.

Now it is 2017, yeah. So looong 2016.

Maria Renard said:
I hope we have a great year and not a terrible one.

Well, 2017 is the year of release of the switch so I guess the year can't be bad.

2016 was actually pretty great for me. I was much happier, stress-free and more relaxed than I have been the past 12 years of my life, and I felt significantly more productive than I ever have been before. Not like bad things didn't happen, but the same can be said for every year.

We'll see how 2017 goes.

:thumbup:

One thing I forgot about last year was that Mythbusters was cancelled :(

Also, yesterday marked a full year since David Bowie left us :'(

NintendoCapriSun's father passed away last year too.

Fun fact: last year gave us the record for both longest and shortest song to hit the hot 100

David Bowie's "Blackstar" is 9:57 long, while Piko-Taro's "PPAP" clocks in at 0:45.

honestly? despite certain things (read: All Of Politics), last year wasn't all that bad for me. Made some important turnarounds in my educational life, improved some of my personal life aspects, was able to have some really, really good writing material, and all in all, it just went pretty well. so i don't completely hate 2016

but i do agree it was pretty sucky in several respects

Magnolia Arch said:
honestly? despite certain things (read: All Of Politics), last year wasn't all that bad for me. Made some important turnarounds in my educational life, improved some of my personal life aspects, was able to have some really, really good writing material, and all in all, it just went pretty well. so i don't completely hate 2016

but i do agree it was pretty sucky in several respects

I agree, it had some good stuff, but it had a lot of bad moments as well.

2016 started off terrible for me but turned out pretty okay. Got a new computer, graphics card. Started playing games that weren't Dota. Started actually focusing on school.

2015 was generally a downward slide for me so this year was a lot better by comparison.

Personally, I saw myself grow as a person in 2016. I matured (at least, I pray I did), became a much larger part of my school, joined three different theatre groups, became an incredibly open person with practically no stage fright, connected with my sexuality... 2016 was an amazing year for me as a person.

Then everything else fucked it up.

Back