Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Option 3 - Sentries just send you back to the start of Limbo to try again

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • help i cant change question

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Alex95's Thread of Stuff (Power Master/The 'Shroom/YouTube)

Dude, that NIWA Spotlight section is great. It's a really good idea since a lot of the NIWA wikis are extremely incomplete and inferior to their Wikia counterparts.

Apparently you released your NIWA Spotlight section the same day I registered for Nintendo Wiki, lol.

I came to ask about your Power Master games. They sound cool, but I don’t think I can play them unless they’re released for iOS. Does there happen to be an iOS port of your games?

YFJ said:
Apparently you released your NIWA Spotlight section the same day I registered for Nintendo Wiki, lol.

I came to ask about your Power Master games. They sound cool, but I don’t think I can play them unless they’re released for iOS. Does there happen to be an iOS port of your games?

Hey, they need all the help they can get!

Unfortunately, not at the moment. RPG Maker MV does have a mobile compiler, but I can't get the game to work properly on smartphones. I'll ask around on their forums once it gets closer to the full game's release (kinda late for the demo now), but for now, mobile Power Master is going to have to wait. It is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, however.

Created a Discord server for my Power Master things, for those of you that like that stuff. I might even post in there every once in a while!

https://discord.gg/N4puS5m

EDIT: ALSO! This is what I've been doing with Power Master lately: creating characters that help with story or quest progression! https://twitter.com/PMAlexBodine/status/971435558307115009

mZ1oVn8.png

You guys must really like Mario Party :eek: Thanks! Be sure to read part two in this issue as well (The_'Shroom:Issue_132/Critic_Corner#Could_Have_Been)! Also, thanks for the support for NIWA Spotlight (The_'Shroom:Issue_132/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight)! I wasn't sure how well received that would be, but I'm glad to see people like it :D And this month's Upcoming Game (The_'Shroom:Issue_132/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game) is on Dragon Marked For Death, which I know absolutely nothing about, so I figured it'd make a good section for some reason :P

DY2MFR4VoAEKX3O.jpg:large

The small town of Tora, located just south of Fora. It may not look special at first, but it is home to the world's tallest tree, appropriately named Tora Tree. Creating the entire exterior of Tora Tree would've not only extended the map, but also would make it difficult for the player to see where they were going. Because of that, only the lower portion of Tora Tree was drawn.

Tora is also home to a sorceress that can help you locate quests and hidden Treasure Chambers. A new party member will also join in this town, but more on her later.

Alex95 said:
A new party member will also join in this town, but more on her later.

Introducing Madilynn, who joins your team in the town of Tora! Originally first appearing as a character in my old Power Master 1R Story, Madilynn makes her true debut in Power Master: A Strange Journey MV! She is a young and headstrong character who is currently searching for her brothers, who went missing some time ago.

DZfw8H9VwAAXFfe.jpg

So, because this is my personal thread, I can say this here (right?). Had an awesome birthday so far! Relevant to this thread, I got a new Microphone that is meant to be used during streaming and recording and similar things, so maybe I can do more with YouTube soon! And I was promoted to sysop on the wiki! ;D ;D ;D I got the DLCs for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and an SD Card reader for my computer, so now I don't have to use my dad's computer :P Having an actual party on Saturday, so can't wait to see what that holds ;)

Replacing Dotwood, this new extraterrestrial elemental bird named Powerbird is the boss of Tora Tree in Power Master: A Strange Journey MV. Where it came from, no one knows, but it brought its minions to try and claim the Tora Gem as its own.

DbA45w4U0AABNwZ.png

Also recorded lines for a new video of mine (yep, there's a script!), now I just need to collect some footage and string it all together. So hopefully I don't procrastinate too long :P

This month's Upcoming Game (The 'Shroom:Issue 133/Pipe Plaza#Upcoming Game) is on Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch! Honestly can't say I'm excited for this one.

Mixing things up a bit in this month's Could Have Been (The 'Shroom:Issue 133/Critic Corner#Could Have Been) section! Along with covering two games at once (Super Mario Bros. 2 and Doki Doki Panic), there's also a new section where I go over the cut content and see how it would've impacted the game should they have been included.

And take some time to help out some other wikis by taking a look at the NIWA Spotlight (The 'Shroom:Issue 133/Pipe Plaza#NIWA Spotlight) and seeing what needs fixed!

The mountainous town of Uora, having been under attack by a group of large moles. A pair of siblings can be recruited here.

Db0-gOKU0AAWbsj.jpg

Going off of one of my earlier concepts, the Guardians will all have their own looks and personalities in Power Master: A Strange Journey MV. They still dress the same, but with different colors matching their Gems. Should make talking to the same character a bit more interesting this time around :P

From left to right, the ones currently made are Fora, Bora, Tora, and Uora.

DcT7JrJVMAAjzQo.png

The art is looking pretty solid. What made you settle on the haircuts, though? Bora and Uora look boyband-y and seems out of place imo. You could give them receding hairlines but still have the asymmetric style which could play more to their character. Or have one with a full head of hair that the others are envious of. XD

A while back, I made up some concepts of what each individual Guardian would look like. I gave them each a character trait first, and then tried to build a look around that. Bora and Uora have close to the same trait, sleepy and lazy respectively, so they both have unkept hair and long beards, but they act differently. Tora was originally supposed to have a Pompadour hair-style, but I couldn't get the sprite of that to look right. Fora was just supposed to be "generic RPG old wizard".

There is a Guardian with a full head of hair, one with a ponytail, one with a top hat, one with no hair at all, and several others that I hope I'm able to get to look correctly once I get to them. The concepts of these characters you can find here.

...Each one having their own character trait is kind of like Snow White's seven dwarves, now that I think of it. Except that there are 26 of them :P

Finally figured out why there has been no games sound playing during recordings, so yay! Here's the test video I did because I'm happy! I have yet to actually test this with a microphone, which may actually end up possibly screwing something up ._. But for now, yay accomplishment! There's a point where I just stop and the video lags a bit, that was me fixing my FPS settings :P

Power Master has been hosted on the itch.io site for over two years now, so I thought I'd take a look at some other games hosted on the platform! Give it a look! And if you know of other games on itch.io you want to see me play, let me know in the comments and I may cover them in a future video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiuQzOboydM

Updated Alice's portrait. Head's mostly the same as before, but her clothes, earrings, eyes, and shading were all adjusted.

Ddwc67EU8AAxfJ8.png

I'm incredibly late on this :shifty:

This month's Upcoming Game (The 'Shroom:Issue 134/Pipe Plaza#Upcoming Game) is one last look at Mario Tennis Aces! Fun fact: I sent it in to The Pyro Guy, and the story was revealed the very next day. Had to revise the entire last paragraph.

To celebrate the release of new funkyfied Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on Nintendo Switch, Could Have Been (The 'Shroom:Issue 134/Critic Corner#Could Have Been) is on the original Donkey Kong Country. A "special" guest also shows up, for better or worse.

NIWA Spotlight (The 'Shroom:Issue 134/Pipe Plaza#NIWA Spotlight) had some trouble this month, hardly anything got done. If you have any of the games with the subjects listed, please help out! The others need it!

Also, changed poll for some reason.

https://twitter.com/PMAlexBodine/status/1004075154878525440

Having a lot of trouble with my recording device, so not sure when I'm going to be able to record console game footage again. Which sucks, because I was planning on Metroid Prime.

Computer games, maybe. Any suggestions? I'll see if I have it.

Working on implementing ledge jumping from every ledge I can make it work on. Sorry for poor quality gif, it was either that or a four second long video, which seemed pointless :P

Ledge_Jump.gif

Four-second long gif took way too long to make, and at this quality, too :mad:. Don't expect much more gifs unless it's something I can't show in a single image or is too short for a full video.

Happy :luigi: Month! This month's Upcoming Game (The_'Shroom:Issue_135/Pipe_Plaza#Upcoming_Game) and Could Have Been (The_'Shroom:Issue_135/Critic_Corner#Could_Have_Been) are both on Luigi's Mansion! Upcoming Game looks into the future with the new Luigi's Mansion port coming to Nintendo 3DS, and Could Have Been looks to the past at what went into designing the original game. Give them both a read!

The previous NIWA Spotlight didn't do so well, nothing really got done. I know we're here mainly for the Mario stuff, but it'd be neat if even one thing got done on this month's list (The_'Shroom:Issue_135/Pipe_Plaza#NIWA_Spotlight).

Oh, and here's a Power Master thing before I forget to post it here again :P

Blue_Room.PNG

I'm going to start making videos that go into more details on character development, story, trivia, etc. here soon. But before I get into that, for those of you that have played Power Master or want to know more, what questions do you have about Stephan's character?

Stephan_32.png

Regarding my gameplay YouTube channel... I've been busy working on life things (license, job, etc.), but I plan on actually playing a game some time soon.

The boss of Uora Underground, Burrow, gets an upgrade! Originally just a regular mole with drills, he is now quite large and covered with spikes!

Dht72lJV4AAxbHN.png:large

I suck at drawing fur, btw :/

Also, apologies for the inactivity regarding Power Master and YouTube stuffs ('Shroom's once a month, so eh). Working on real life stuff and getting things together. Decided to hold off on the Stephan video for now, mainly because I lack the material to actually make a good video on him. But I should be starting a new Let's Play soon. Going to be a computer game, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'll see what I got!

New month means new 'Shroom sections! To go along with my Mario Kart 64 tournament, Could Have Been is on Mario Kart 64! ...Obviously. Upcoming Game focuses on a fighting game called Fantasy Strike, and there's also a new NIWA Spotlight! Check 'em out!

Back