Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

I don't think anyone should lay 100 bucks for any of this.

Sara Valestein said:
I don't think anyone should care what others do with their own money.
I normally don't care, but this is sleazy business practice. Buying things like this means that it's a green light and only feeds into the preorder bullcrap.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Sara Valestein said:
I normally don't care, but this is sleazy business practice. Buying things like this means that it's a green light and only feeds into the preorder bullcrap.
Luigi 64DD said:
It comes with a bunch of extra stuff.

Lee Chaolan said:
Sara Valestein said:
I mean if someone used their money to buy a gun...
that alone means nothing, the purpose is the concern. It's barely applicable to this, the purpose for buying a collector's edition of a game is to get the extra items that comes with it, any sane person that doesn't want that stuff will just buy the game stand-alone. Nobody is buying a collector's edition for a rabbid figurine to bash someone over the head with it.

Okay, maybe a little context, but I treat promotional "collector's editions" by Ubisoft with a lot of caution, even a scam, because Ubisoft isn't above creating "special" editions or extravagant pre-order bonuses to make their games seem bigger than they really are. It's the same beef I have with preorder culture, which Ubisoft vastly indulges in (they have preorder bonuses in this game), but the preorder craze is even worse than collector's editions so not a perfect comparison.

I wouldn't normally have such a huge problem with some bonuses, but after looking at the big picture of Ubisoft, I can't help wrinkling my nose in disgust.

Even that guy has you pegged.

Yup, this is Grant Kirkhope alright.

I'm looking forward to hearing his rendition of Peach's Castle as heard in the reveal footage.

The game only supports Mario, Luigi, Yoshi and Peach amiibo....

...not even Bowser or Donkey Kong. At least Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga is doing something right.

Gee, I wonder why. Could it possibly be that they're the game's playable characters?

keIVk0x.png

Baby Luigi said:
Gee, I wonder why. Could it possibly be that they're the game's playable characters?

keIVk0x.png

Obviously, it makes sense to have amiibo of playable characters supported. Looking at you Mario Kart and Mario Tennis

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say no.

infinite8 said:
New trailer and new art

original.jpg
I thought this game would have something to do with Mario, not just a few bosses and playable characters.

Back