Worst dialogue/writing?

krUse4g.png

This has been a public service announcement from Mario's Time Machine.

Whom is he referring to?

Time Turner psoted a transcript of Mario's Time Machine (semper fi) on the discord. It's pretty good

Mario: What can you tell me to make me smarter?
Plato: Ah, just do what you did! Ask questions! For no question is too foolish to ask, and from small plumbers great questions may arise!

Mario: Hi. May I come in?
Ashram Hindu: We always welcome strangers in our Ashram. We are a community of Hindus leading a simple religious life. Please enter.
Mario: A simple life? You mean boring?

Mario is a bit of a jerk in this.

Bad dialogue? EVERYTHING THAT COMES OUT MC BALLYHOO'S STUPID MOUTH IN MARIO PARTY 8. He NEVER shuts up, he goes on forever. I no longer opt to hear a few "hints", "tips", "secrets" or "short intros" to anything now, just because of him going on and on and on and on and on and on. He is just ridiculous. And you can't even skip any of it, you've just got to wait for him to shut up. And while playing the other day and missing on a luck based wheel spin, you know what he said? "Well, you blew that opportunity." It's a luck based game, you stupid... thing, I can't choose to blow the opportunity. Once you get that twerp out of the way, the dialogue in the game's alright, and at times amusing, but really, him talking is the reason I play the game so little.

I dunno I make fun of MC Ballyhoo's way of talking so I get some enjoyment out of him.

Two Words: Sticker Star.

I hope I don't need to elaborate, but ask any Paper Mario fans their thoughts on Sticker Star's writing in comparison to the first three games, and you'll get the idea... Bludgeoned into your skull, but you'll still get the idea.

BBQ Turtle said:
Bad dialogue? EVERYTHING THAT COMES OUT MC BALLYHOO'S STUPID MOUTH IN MARIO PARTY 8. He NEVER shuts up, he goes on forever. I no longer opt to hear a few "hints", "tips", "secrets" or "short intros" to anything now, just because of him going on and on and on and on and on and on. He is just ridiculous. And you can't even skip any of it, you've just got to wait for him to shut up. And while playing the other day and missing on a luck based wheel spin, you know what he said? "Well, you blew that opportunity." It's a luck based game, you stupid... thing, I can't choose to blow the opportunity. Once you get that twerp out of the way, the dialogue in the game's alright, and at times amusing, but really, him talking is the reason I play the game so little.
I honestly never noticed problems with MC Ballyhoo "talking too much" as a kid, and even now. I guess my patience for a game of Mario Party is through the roof, or I missed something.

EDIT: I rank up to a Cheep Cheep by ruthlessly flaunting my hatred of Sticker Star and showing my appreciation for Mario Party 8, what a time to be alive.

"yahoo! *stares*

Toad: He post-it-ulates "the dialogue is PAPER THIN and can fit on a stamp!!!" What did you expect out of someone who's paper, which I am also paper?

Camwoodstock said:
Two Words: Sticker Star.

I hope I don't need to elaborate, but ask any Paper Mario fans their thoughts on Sticker Star's writing in comparison to the first three games, and you'll get the idea... Bludgeoned into your skull, but you'll still get the idea.

Eh, still would take it over the third game.

Not saying all that much mind you since I don't hold either in high regard.

Everything from the PC version of Mario Is Missing (and probably Mario's time machine). Doubly so with the rare/scrapped voice acting.

And I agree with McMadness: Sticker Star's writing is generally weak, but it's mostly there for amusements sake (regardless as to how well it actually works) unlike Super where it's trying to be deep and philosophical. Still, it gave us "This doesn't leave the room, but Princess Peach is actually a man".
As for Kersti, I put her in the same bin as Navi: I'm more likely to blame the game in general than the character in particular. Part of me wonders if they meant her to be Tsundere prior to axing 90% of the plot, leaving her at an odd halfway since she certainly acts that way during the beginning, Scuttlebug Burrow and right before she sacrifices herself.
And, ironically enough, Scuttlebug Burrow is where she realizes she screwed up, but it's extremely hard to read due to the text being obscured (I only realized it when I read the text dump) so her rant makes her look especially awful. And since this is Sticker Star, this feels incredibly fitting.
All that said, I still hate Bowser Jr.'s characterization in that game and the lack of Bowser/Kersti sass-off. So meh.

Back