2001: A Mario Odyssey

RIP Luigi

Mcmadness said:
What in god's name is that!?
Paarthunax's younger twin brother who didn't get into Skyrim and is now getting his revenge in Super Mario Odyssey. ;P

i saw a sneak peek.

The only thing that i can say , and it's not really spolier is that

they actually did some effort voice acting this time around , specially Peach (meaning that they totally recorded TONS of new content for this game and i love it)

If only Rosalina was in... f***

Trunks Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
What in god's name is that!?
Paarthunax's younger twin brother who didn't get into Skyrim and is now getting his revenge in Super Mario Odyssey. ;P

exactly what i thought

YoshiGo99 said:
unfortunately she's in her Treasure Tracker outfit.

She is not listed in the voice cast, as well as the Toads, only Peach has the credit for Sam Kelly (the credits are not vague they are marked with specific character names like in Galaxy and the Rabbits game)

So... i dont know what to expect...

uganfasdlcnkasdckasdkcmasdklcm

This may seem strange but what if the ending is setting up the story for the next game? Peach is kidnapped by someone new. And it's up to Bowser and Mario to stop them and get Peach back. Instead of the two of them fighting each other over Peach, they have to team up to get her back.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

I'd like to make a quick warning to stay off of youtube because people are uploading the finale and particularly spoilery parts have been spotted in a few thumbnails.

And speaking of that finale...

:bowser: ASDFGHJKL :eek: :bowser:

people are overreacting to the finale as usual

I think he's talking about the final fight, not the """controversial""" cutscene

I liked it myself, gave a cool fight with Bowser and you get a brief nifty scene where you get to wreck shit with him

I only saw some content. I have now downloaded a video blocker on chrome and it works pretty well, minus any spoiler videos with titles in other languages

Baby Luigi said:
people are overreacting to the finale as usual

Trunks Mario said:
I think he's talking about the final fight, not the """controversial""" cutscene

That I was, hence the Bowser emotes.
I know, people called it for quite a while, but the sequence was still amazing.

Mcmadness said:
I liked it myself, gave a cool fight with Bowser and you get a brief nifty scene where you get to wreck shit with him
And with a song featuring lyrics telling you to do that, too

Weasel said:
wait so i don't get jr in a cute ring bearer tux

sad times
I'm 90% sure he designed Bowser's hat at least.
Those boxing gloves are pretty familiar.

Major Post-Game Content Spoiler
There's a dark side to the moon. To get to it, you need 250 Moons, but wait! There's more because you need another 250 to move onto the next Kingdom or whatever

We also got the names of the other two Broodals: The lanky one is Rango and not-Morton is Spewart. Also Madame Brood is spelled Madame Broode.

It's nice to see you don't need Amiibo to get certain outfits. But it takes a lot of Power Moons to get some otufits.
I need to stop watching this stream. I've seen too much
on8QLOb.png

ThatGuy62 said:
We also got the names of the other two Broodals: The lanky one is Rango and not-Morton is Spewart. Also Madame Brood is spelled Madame Broode.
Does the game tell us who Madame Broode is? Her face seems frequently used in the Broodals' machines and Game Informer called her a Broodal, but the Japanese site only grouped the four normal-sized rabbits among the Broodals, and the official Twitter account didn't state that Madame Broode is a Broodal.

Mister Wu said:
ThatGuy62 said:
Does the game tell us who Madame Broode is? Her face seems frequently used in the Broodals' machines and Game Informer called her a Broodal, but the Japanese site only grouped the four normal-sized rabbits among the Broodals, and the official Twitter account didn't state that Madame Broode is a Broodal.
I believe she mentions them during her second encounter and the Brochure for the Dark Side confirms she's their boss, but I'm working off of memory right now.

With the fact that there are spoilers abound, I am wondering if anyone here felt that the game is somewhat less amazing, due to the game's surprises being discovered before playing this game. I imagine that everybody who have seen them won't mind because I am sure you all will still have a good time even when knowing some details with the game. I haven't actually seen them because I felt that it would dampen my enjoyment if I learned too much about it (I pre-ordered this game already). It looks like this game will be a grand adventure, so it's important that I am able to discover them myself.

It's funny because I played Sunshine after knowing many things about it, such as the final boss, but I still learn about some things I didn't know, like how the final boss isn't as easy as speed runs made them out to be, and how the deadly river level is incredibly difficult (ground-pounding on the lotus pad is a death sentence). Likewise for 3D World, which I watched playthroughs but still having a good time. I guess a point could be made with Mario games not being about the story, compared to something like Xenoblade that thrives on its story, but still, getting the game with limited knowledge about it feels better compared to knowing too much about it.

Thank you for reading.

Back