2001: A Mario Odyssey

https://twitter.com/NinDailyNews/status/921345511847755776
mario-wedding-outfit.jpg

Now it's Mario's turn!

So that means those amiibos do unlock special outfits? In one of the last trailers they showed the three amiibos' functions in the game, and neither of them was shown to unlock a new outfit...

They do. Peach's Amiibo gives you her wedding dress, Bowser's gives you his wedding suit and Mario's gives you the suit he's wearing on the figure.
I believe you can unlock them in-game without the amiibo, however.

ThatGuy62 said:
"Jump up, Super Star!" is live on the American Itunes shop.
You know, if you want to legally get the track.

Yeah. Which means it'll be up in my favorite music providers soon, if you know what I mean by "music providers".

ThatGuy62 said:
I believe you can unlock them in-game without the amiibo, however.
That better be the case because I'd hate to cough up 12.99 for a top-tier outfit.

Now I can finally die in peace knowing that both brothers can look beautiful together.

I expected it. It wouldn't really be something new for the Mario series (or Nintendo in general: Link says hi).

This is the most evil Bowser I've seen. His motives are the same, but he just does everything so... evily now. Peach's VA sounds a bit different, but I'm not too fussed; if anything I'm glad she says actual lines, even if they're just short phrases.

Music's godly, especially the Cap Kingdom. I also see that it becomes a full level if you return to it, unless the platform-looking objects poking through the fog are just for show.

The Cascade Kingdom looks smaller than I thought, but from what I can tell there's some depth to it. I'm not surprised, seeing as it's the first level.

Also the cutscenes are amazing! I thought there would only be an opening one, but there's been a couple in the Cap Kingdom and the Cascade Kingdom. The game feels a lot more loved than any of the other 3D Marios.

Ryoma Hoshi said:
This is the most evil Bowser I've seen. His motives are the same, but he just does everything so... evily now. Peach's VA sounds a bit different, but I'm not too fussed; if anything I'm glad she says actual lines, even if they're just short phrases.

Music's godly, especially the Cap Kingdom. I also see that it becomes a full level if you return to it, unless the platform-looking objects poking through the fog are just for show.

The Cascade Kingdom looks smaller than I thought, but from what I can tell there's some depth to it. I'm not surprised, seeing as it's the first level.

Also the cutscenes are amazing! I thought there would only be an opening one, but there's been a couple in the Cap Kingdom and the Cascade Kingdom. The game feels a lot more loved than any of the other 3D Marios.

Well then.
I like that Bowser actually says words like "Peach" "Mario" and "Adios". Also I really like what I'm assuming is his main theme.
I also liked the SMB1 Airship theme remix from Super Mario Maker.

About as evil as he normally is though they do make it more overt

Refrigerator Kirby said:
There already was this.
SuperMarioKun_v._37_Francis.png

pVoiefl.jpg

I just remembered that Sawada's going to love the wedding costume.

Trunks Mario said:
Refrigerator Kirby said:
There already was this.
SuperMarioKun_v._37_Francis.png

pVoiefl.jpg

I just remembered that Sawada's going to love the wedding costume.
I can't even begin to imagine what the Super Mario-Kun adaptation will look like.

It'll probably be similarly crazy, but Mario dress-wearing is now officially endorsed by Nintendo.

The 3D World manga has cross-dressing Cat Mario. CAT MARIO!

Mushroom Kingdom moons are replaced with Power Stars, complete with Mario 64's jingle. You enter at Yoshi's House, and Yoshi is apparently in Peach's Castle. Someone is streaming and hasn't gone toward the castle yet. Looks like they can't get there, maybe they have to come back later.

The Power Moon jingle in the Mushroom Kingdom is SM64's Star get jingle.

This game is awesome.

XscPvHZ.png

oh my god

Ryoma Hoshi said:
XscPvHZ.png

oh my god

Mario is still a plumber! All those stupid articles claiming he's no longer a plumber are false. Thank god.

And Mario being still being plumber still isn't a spoiler, as those articles shouldn't have claimed he wasn't a plumber in the first place. However, the visual details in the image I'm replying too, is a spoiler, so spoiler warning to that.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
Ryoma Hoshi said:
XscPvHZ.png

oh my god

Mario is still a plumber! All those stupid articles claiming he's no longer a plumber are false. Thank god.

And Mario being still being plumber still isn't a spoiler, as those articles shouldn't have claimed he wasn't a plumber in the first place. However, the visual details in the image I'm replying too, is a spoiler, so spoiler warning to that.
For your information, these "false" news are the official bios of Nintendo Co., Ltd. which is the company actually making the Super Mario games, whereas what you're reading here is the readaptation of Nintendo Treehouse which has translated the game.

The "definitely no longer a plumber" bit was assumed by journalists to make a big deal out of a normal bio. "Was a plumber a long time ago" just means there were games that focused on that job, not that he no longer has it.

Ryoma Hoshi said:
XscPvHZ.png

oh my god

What in god's name is that!?

Oh and in case anyone cares.

Mario and Peach DON'T get married at the end and pretty much just go home like any normal game

I do care.

Yes. Also, I kinda saw it coming.

Music reference...

The SMB Airship Theme from Mario Maker is used in the intro cutscene and later on. Looks like they've moved away from the old SMB3 Airship

Back