Best/Favourite Credits Themes

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
Personally, I am very fond of Mario Baseball's credits themes, because the songs feel more energetic and joyful. It combines nice rocky tunes, chanting of baseball love and characters speaking during the theme. Super Sluggers is especially amazing because it incorporates funny (attempted) beatboxing by Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi.

Mario Superstar Baseball: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5H78Jxbllo

Mario Super Sluggers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnaMl3fUFHM

Certainly, I like some others like Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World and Mario Party 5, but the Baseball ones are on another level for me.

What about yours?

Thanks for reading.

Super Mario Land 1. If Nintendo were to ever for some reason decide "okay, this Mario game will be the last ever and we're going out with a bang", I'd want them to re-use that as the credits theme, following an ending set to SMB1's ending theme (or rather, the extended version from Lost Levels) and finishing with a little epilogue type screen with the SMB2's ending theme.

SiFi said:
Super Mario Land 1. If Nintendo were to ever for some reason decide "okay, this Mario game will be the last ever and we're going out with a bang", I'd want them to re-use that as the credits theme, following an ending set to SMB1's ending theme (or rather, the extended version from Lost Levels) and finishing with a little epilogue type screen with the SMB2's ending theme.

This is a credits theme I forgotten that I love. Thanks for pointing it out! I love the rearrangement version of that theme, because it sounds magical.

Thanks for reading.

Mario Kart: Double Dash
Mario Superstar Baseball
Mario Super Sluggers
Super Mario Galaxy

Out of those? Super Slugs is my favorite.

Super Mario Galaxy is easily without a doubt my favourite credits theme.

My favourite credits sequence is the game's squeal since due it's good use of interactivity.

First credit theme that I think of is 64s. That's probably my favourite(?). I like a lot of credit themes though, I can't name all of them.

Also did everyone else notice that SMW's credit theme was the SMB2 theme? Everyone probably did and I look like an idiot thinking I know something new.

NSY said:
Super Mario Galaxy is easily without a doubt my favourite credits theme.

yesss especially the gusty garden part

one that comes to mind for me is yoshi's island, with the smb level clear fanfare at the end that gets me real emotional (technically after the credits finish but it's all one track so)

I love Super Sluggers credits theme the most.

Super Mario 64

Super Mario Sunshine

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Super Paper Mario

Luigi's Mansion

Mario Kart 7

I have never seen the Mario Superstar Baseball one! I like it, I just suck at the game and can never get past Star mode.

For me, the Mario Kart 64 credits are my favorite, the music is awesome. And some others that are worth mentioning, Super Mario 3D World, SM64, DKC:TF, Paper Mario: Sticker Star (yes, I know, but the music is great), and one of the SMG ones, I think it might be the first, I don't remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ruqn1Lnexs

Super Mario 64's credits theme is very nostalgic for me; it was the first game I ever beat (as it was also the first game I personally owned at three years old, it took three years to do so... :-\ ).

Really love the credits theme for Mario Kart 64 too; it's very underrated, I'm surprised it hasn't been in Super Smash Bros.!

Yoshi's Story also has a very nice ending theme (them dern singing Yoshis!)

Luigi's Mansion's ending theme gets stuck in my head from time to time as well.

Absolute favorite so far has to be the credits to Super Mario Galaxy! It just envokes a feeling of accomplishment, especially after that amazing final cutscene. Now I feel like playing Galaxy again, it's been too long!

super mario 64 is my personal favorite, infact every credits theme feels massively inferior.

JBX9001 said:
Super Mario 64's credits theme is very nostalgic for me; it was the first game I ever beat (as it was also the first game I personally owned at three years old, it took three years to do so... :-\ ).
Zae Eildus said:
super mario 64 is my personal favorite, infact every credits theme feels massively inferior.

These.

Back