Mario Sports Superstars

Baby Luigi said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Ab8KZUu.png

!!!?!?!????!?!?????????????!?!??!!?

!!!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?
Nintendo is like "Here's horse racing. And THERE'S BABY LUIGI!"

Mcmadness said:
His inclusion should make a certain somebody happy.

Now the question is are the character rosters the same across all 5 sports?
That's my concern too. We might be getting a repeat of Mario & Sonic where new characters were advertised, but the catch is that they're confined to one sport. I really hope this won't happen.

Oh, on the other news, I guess we got that Mario soccer game we feared... somewhat, where the edginess is gone, but I'd rather be positive about this. I mean, we still got some edge left, just look at the character artwork...

They are trying to give the characters a Nike like vibe with those renders.

Just do it and stuff .

Striker Mario said:
Mcmadness said:

That's my concern too. We might be getting a repeat of Mario & Sonic where new characters were advertised, but the catch is that they're confined to one sport. I really hope this won't happen.

Oh, on the other news, I guess we got that Mario soccer game we feared... somewhat, where the edginess is gone, but I'd rather be positive about this. I mean, we still got some edge left, just look at the character artwork...

The possibility is high (all characters for all sports) since we can see this roster is not that big , like Olympic games at least.
tWVyYLT.png

All these characters are in their own teams for the tournament in some sport. They should all be available in all of them , as there only 5 according to the video.

Also , maybe the shape of the emblems mean something? Baby Mario , a tiny baby has the smallest shape. Wario , Bowser and Rosalina have the biggest Mario , Yoshi and Birdo have a medium one and Boo has a different one.

I am so totally hyped for 2017 when I can buy a New 3DS and play this. Now, for my opinions on each sport and the game as a whole.

Tennis: I've played Mario Tennis on the Wii VC, so I know this sort of thing is a mixed bag, but that was my go to 10-20 minute game for a while. Prediction: mostly positive.

Golf: I liked Wii Sports: Resort's golf but thought the controls were too finicky. I have since started looking into the Mario Golf series and really want Mario Golf: Advance Tour. Thus, I'm favorably disposed to any new Mario Golf game. Prediction: very positive.

Baseball: Mario Super Sluggers is currently my favorite Wii game, so this looks really appealing for 3DS. I like that the pitch arsenal looks massively improved. Prediction: very positive.

Soccer: I haven't bought Mario Strikers Charged because I dislike its edginess and I don't care for soccer that much. With this being 11 on 11 instead of 5 on 5 and at least less edginess, this could be reasonable. Prediction: slightly positive.

Horse Racing: This looks like Mario Kart with out items or ridiculous kart combinations. Not having anything solid of this nature to compare to makes this a wild card, but I'm inclined to give it a chance. Prediction: mostly positive.

The game as a whole: I like the idea of being able to play all of these sports in one place because it simplifies navigation and boosts the chances of running into someone else with the game. Including horse racing with the others seems like a good way to give the idea some air before committing a whole game to it. Large roster or small roster, this still looks to be a blast. Prediction: very positive.

infinite8 said:
Camelot is the developer (well just for the tennis and golf part).
Excellent. Mario Golf is hands-down my favorite sports series and World Tour is great. If it's just more of that then I'll be very satisfied.

Striker Mario said:
Mcmadness said:

On the plus side it's got goombas as sidekick characters.

Hot dann. A new Mario sports game that combines Mario's four best known sports with horse racing. They can't possibly fuck this up. All the cards are on the table, they just gotta deal them up. DEAL THEM UP, BABY!

I'm happy that the Mario sports games are back! Honestly, if someone played the latest Mario&Sonic game on Wii U it was clear that SEGA didn't want to replace them, but rather offer something different (this is mostly evident in the Duel Football event, that wanted to not be like Mario strikers in gameplay). Fortunately Nintendo this time got the message right.

By the way, is it possible that SEGA is involved and possibly even doing the last sports? Non-Strikers EdgYoshi is definitely a SEGA thing.
BpcwcYj.png

V6iveEp.jpg

8z3oR0P.jpg

Bdw7D2D.png

rsV6Q8h.png

Mister Wu said:
By the way, is it possible that SEGA is involved and possibly even doing the last sports? Non-Strikers EdgYoshi is definitely a SEGA thing.
Well, we wouldn't even know if Next Level Games is involved for the soccer one, or Bandai Namco is involved for the baseball one.

infinite8 said:
Mister Wu said:
Well, we wouldn't even know if Next Level Games is involved for the soccer one, or Bandai Namco is involved for the baseball one.
Now that I reposted the images (see above), I can confirm that Yoshi's expression on the artwork comes from the Wii U version of Mario&Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. But there might be a reason for that. That being said, Bandai Namco is surely the first name that comes to mind for the other sports, they are closely collaborating with Nintendo.

So this game has Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash with Mario Tennis Open graphics, Mario Golf: World Tour, a new Mario Baseball game that's going to release in PAL, Soccer from the Olympic Games, and horse riding, I'm guessing from the Olympic Games. RIP Mario Strikers ;_;

Not the most original game, but seriously weird. I might get it.

By the way, happy to see that Pom Pom is back from the 3DS version of Mario&Sonic at Rio 2016 Olympic Games! It wasn't just a momentary cameo!

In before, let's wait for the hatred messages in 2018:"I hate Pom Pom, she's in EVERY Mario game now!"

Ninelevendo said:
RIP Mario Strikers ;_;
I still hope that Super Mario Spikers wasn't the last nail in the coffin...

At least there's a tournament system , which is completely an improvement over Ultra Smash.

I hope there's enough love for animations , victory and lose poses and etc...

June said:
Yoshi riding a horse is gonna be

interesting
Yoshi won't be riding a horse.

Horse is gonna ride Yoshi.

From what I've seen of it, it might be a good non-rushed sports game for once.

They also seem to have fixed Rosalina's proportions (slash copy-paste-ishness) from MT:US. (File:MarioSportsSuperstars-tennis.jpg)

Oh man, if Camelot is making the tennis and golf parts, I'm looking forward to at least the post-hole animations.

Will we ever see volleyball and dodgeball again...?

Kidding aside, I am totally buying this. It doesn't look bland or boring this time around, unlike some certain Mario sport titles.

Too bad Baby Luigi isn't ever gonna be edgy

He's always cute, no matter what he does

Baby Luigi said:
Too bad Baby Luigi isn't ever gonna be edgy

He's always cute, no matter what he does
Maybe you should ask SEGA to have him in the Mario&Sonic series.

Meanwhile, new 3D models for artwork I see! Look at the white "plate" with the "M" of Mario:
Mario_Tennis_-_MarioSportsSuperstars.png

Bowser on the other hand is now even more "scaley" on the head:
Bowser_Baseball_-_MarioSportsSuperstars.png

Bowser's bat isn't spiky enough.

My worry is that the baseball portion is just watered down Sluggers with less features, stadiums, and characters. That's what it's looking like.

Back