If you have ever changed your username, how do you feel about your old one?

Still love my old one. Quirky and Mario-y how I like it.

Meh, I love my current user name a bunch (that I'm called that elsewhere, includes RVLution, Kuribo64, and YouTube), but it's exclusively here and GameFAQs where I'm still referred to my old username, BabyLuigiOnFire or BLOF, and I can't really blame any of you, since that's the name I started out with, and the first username that I decide is my real identity. Also, plain "Baby Luigi" sounds a bit generic compared to my older, weirder username.

I feel like my username is very much stuck to me, so I can't really think a new name for me would suit me. Back in Bulbagarden, I briefly changed the name to "Elite Four Shauntal" for a staff event, but my username is always the best. When I am forced to use a different name due to my username being taken (it's a somewhat common name), it feels funny, which is the case for my Steam username.

Thankfully nobody took my username as an NNID before I did.

Thanks for reading.

I originally registered with the name "BenChip", and then made a new account called "YoshiKong" a couple of weeks after that because I didn't like the first name (I didn't know that you could request a name change). And then Lindsay151 blocked me as a sockpuppet.

Considering that the name I registered with was "MarioMario54321," I'm glad it got the boot. Even if my current one is still generic, it's less cringey than whatever the hell that is.

I don't exactly like the current name I use here. It seems childish and reminds me of 12 year old me. I don't really mind being called shortened forms of my username, but I get so embarrassed when someone uses the full username.

It may not technically be my "old" username here, but it's an old username to me since I haven't used it anywhere else in many many years.

My old username was a bad idea because now my personal identity is associated with Super Mario Bros forever. I like Puddin; someone on a Touhou forum I go to came up with it.

My nick is kind of stuck to me but I kind of don't like it as much now because of some IRC shit (not in any mario related chatrooms of course) I don't know if I'd chnge it because it's kind of stuck to me and evrybody knows m by my current nick.

I was originally called "PowerMaster", named after my created game series (for some reason, the sign-up didn't like " " as a character). I changed it to "Alex95" so it matches my name on the wiki. Though I'm still called "Power Master" on any other forum I'm a part of.

well The Pyro Guy was pretty cool while it lasted but you can't beat Cory Baxter

Oh hey a topic i can chime in on.

TheGreatBlockyBoo wasn't a bad name at the time, and i still like the nickname Blocky, but it definitely feels like a past name now. Pretty much ever since i started becoming regularly forum/irc active i've been Superchao, so I've come to think of that as my marioboards identity. It's why i changed my wiki name tomatch instead of vice versa

Magnolia Arch said:
Oh hey a topic i can chime in on.

TheGreatBlockyBoo wasn't a bad name at the time, and i still like the nickname Blocky, but it definitely feels like a past name now. Pretty much ever since i started becoming regularly forum/irc active i've been Superchao, so I've come to think of that as my marioboards identity. It's why i changed my wiki name tomatch instead of vice versa
But where did Perch come from?

Lord Bowser said:
having been through a lot of usernames I don't really mind if someone calls me by an old one I used to use. I do prefer "lord bowser" out of all of them though
Whatever you say, Mr. Game & Goomba Knight

I used to dislike my username because I'm the self-conscious type, but I just learn to embrace it because I've been way too hard on myself throughout all my life.

The name I use now is actually one of my oldest usernames (not my display name, but Fawfulthegreat64). My original name on the wiki was Fawfulfan64, which was slightly more generic. The names associated with the most cringe however, are MarioMaster64 and Dimentio64, my two oldest accounts on the Internet in general that I can remember. MarioMaster64 was a child who believed the Luigi in SM64 rumors and actually attempted the bogus crap methods of unlocking him. He also genuinely believed that Flying Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy was Mr. L, and didn't even know Mr. L was a character from Super Paper Mario. Dimentio64 was some kid who thought the VGBoxArt site was "beast" and decided that it could use some of his brilliant photo editing skills. I'm honestly shocked this joker didn't get banned.

Of the two, I actually am more ashamed of Dimentio64's posts than MarioMaster64, the latter of which didn't post as much, therefore less shitposting. Dimentio64 was an incredibly dense shitposter who genuinely believed his creations were the purest form of art. It took far too much constructive criticism for him to finally start even attempting to get better.

I found my old name, Randombob-omb4761, to be very outdated, because Bob-omb isn't my favorite Mario character anymore, and I just added "random" there for no reason.

Magnolia Arch said:
uniju nicknamed me Perch

take off two letters at each end of Superchao and you get Perch
for some stupid reason, i always thought perch was turb

it was only about a couple years back that i found out otherwise

tbh zae isnt even my oldest username, and the eildus part was added later because i used that name as a last name for a character i created, although ive ditched that for him for quite some time.

The oldest is probably FireLuigi, after that it became Razor-blade, i was a kid and didnt really have the apathy for creativity like i do now but once i named myself Zae, i never really looked back, its simple, easy to pronounce, and seems pretty cool to me.

Although it does seem to not have any gender speciffic sounds in it, probably why people confused me for a girl way back when i was more feminine in personality.

Back